PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Talk (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/)
-   -   *attention White People Who Powow!* (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/attention-white-people-who-powow-36832/)

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-19-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streamhawk (Post 856889)
Let me see if I got this straight, no one's supposed to have an opinion, but him.....and you?


Umm YA

:lol:

streamhawk 01-19-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 856893)
Umm YA

:lol:

m'k

:questionm :jumping:

just checkin', carry on then

ok24stacey 01-19-2007 02:19 PM

Your post does not offend me. You got sand to say it like that, coming at people "head on" is fine by me anytime.

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbear (Post 856233)
So what's wrong with Skins that bowl??

... hey wait.. take the skin heads bowling.. take them bowling! I love that song!

But no seriously... is there somethign wrong with indians bowling? You gotta let me know now because we go neon bowling at least twice a month and I need to know is this seriously a non indian thing that I should stay away from????

Dude, the non native dancers are'nt going to quit just because you make a post... same as the wannabes don't stop claiming indian ancestry just because you prove they don't have any... take Ward Churchhill for example. Lighten up, the disclaimer was supposed to make people laugh.

now BB you should know that real Indians only Bingo, that bowling stuff although seemingly harmless is a danger to our race, do you want to turn white? do you? well do you?

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojibwecommodbod (Post 856234)
no they might not quit, probably wont. but at least they will know how us young, real, powow ndns feel. thats my intention here. leave this post here for awhile and you will see i'm not alone on this. and thank you to whoever "stickied" this thread.

Real powwow Indian. huh, and all this time I thought it was my language that held my heritage.

ok24stacey 01-19-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 856937)
now BB you should know that real Indians only Bingo, that bowling stuff although seemingly harmless is a danger to our race, do you want to turn white? do you? well do you?

dang Migs....you figured out the plan. :smile: lmao

kiyaanii mom 01-19-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbear (Post 856233)

Dude, the non native dancers are'nt going to quit just because you make a post... same as the wannabes don't stop claiming indian ancestry just because you prove they don't have any... take Ward Churchhill for example. Lighten up, the disclaimer was supposed to make people laugh.

ha ha. It made me laugh......

Geez, I guess this topic never gets old.....

FluteMaker 01-19-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsalt (Post 856570)
Only afro-americans can rap or hip-hop.
Only Chinese can cook egg rolls.
Only Jews can eat Bagels.
All you White and other "rock stars" turn in your guitars, thats afro american too.
Only whites can be pilots.
Unless your oreintal, give up the Tai-chi and Hapkido.

oh man i am so screwed......

ikinda like most hiphop,
i love chinese food and bagles too.
i dont want to give up my guitar, i just got it.
and the wife and i like to curl up on the sofa and watch a jackie chan movie.

im not too broken up about the flying thing though, if i were meant to fly id have feathers of my own

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streamhawk (Post 856871)
ojibwecommodbod, I understand your point, I honestly do, and maybe why you posted it, but if you honestly look at your post, does it not borderline just a bit on the side of racism? How many people in the world do you really need to hate on? As a young man sometimes it's good to really take a close look at your own heart. If I took every word in your posts as truth, I'd have to think you have something against the Cherokee, since you mentioned the tribe more than once. Have you actually surveyed those people you mentioned at powwow's, or is it like someone else suggested, you're strictly going on skin color? Lots of questions only your heart can answer. If it bothers you so much, maybe you should confine yourself to ceremonial gatherings mostly. I've seen all manners of people make a fool of themselves, and it didn't really matter what color they were.

the boy screams racism, let us just get him a white sheet. I do understand where what his thought process is, but not the hatred. a young guy with a lot to learn. I do agree with part of it I am offended when I see people disrespecting the circle, unfortunatly those people are usualy native. seriously you wanna get up in arms about something and protect our traditions than let us attack those natives that come to our circle drunk on drugs or with bad hearts. chiimooks at a powwow i gaurentee does not make the great spirit sad, it is the natives that come and chit all over our traditions. now that is were the real threat is son, so please get some life education and then step up and do some proactive campaining.

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ok24stacey (Post 856940)
dang Migs....you figured out the plan. :smile: lmao

hey I am smart, and if the Indians were not loving on the whites from time to time I might not be here. and that would be a shame cause i am one cool half breed. but i am not blind i do know there is a movement to infaltraite the red race with bowling and golf and that damned solitare game. evil bast@rds.:mad:

streamhawk 01-19-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 856986)
the boy screams racism, let us just get him a white sheet. I do understand where what his thought process is, but not the hatred. a young guy with a lot to learn. I do agree with part of it I am offended when I see people disrespecting the circle, unfortunatly those people are usualy native. seriously you wanna get up in arms about something and protect our traditions than let us attack those natives that come to our circle drunk on drugs or with bad hearts. chiimooks at a powwow i gaurentee does not make the great spirit sad, it is the natives that come and chit all over our traditions. now that is were the real threat is son, so please get some life education and then step up and do some proactive campaining.

that was extrememly well said Migiziwomen!! I see alot of my younger self in this post and his words, but we have to be very careful how we view the world in our youth, it can stay around a very long time to haunt us, intenisfy and magnify, and that anger can be so hard to get rid of when age has mellowed us some. Things are not always as they seem was the point I was trying to get at, and we should pick our battles better, but when you're young, you gotta do what you gotta do, I understand this. You hit the nail on the head much better than the beating around the bush I was doing. Again, well said!

ok24stacey 01-19-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 856991)
hey I am smart, and if the Indians were not loving on the whites from time to time I might not be here. and that would be a shame cause i am one cool half breed. but i am not blind i do know there is a movement to infaltraite the red race with bowling and golf and that damned solitare game. evil bast@rds.:mad:




Girl....you are too much!!!! :laughing:


When are you coming to Oklahoma so we can hit the "breeder clubs" downtown??

FluteMaker 01-19-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 856991)
hey I am smart, and if the Indians were not loving on the whites from time to time I might not be here. and that would be a shame cause i am one cool half breed. but i am not blind i do know there is a movement to infaltraite the red race with bowling and golf and that damned solitare game. evil bast@rds.:mad:




no solitare???? oh man, now im gonna cry

Sleeping Bear 01-19-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 856991)
hey I am smart, and if the Indians were not loving on the whites from time to time I might not be here. and that would be a shame cause i am one cool half breed. but i am not blind i do know there is a movement to infaltraite the red race with bowling and golf and that damned solitare game. evil bast@rds.:mad:

Oh, don't mind the bowling, but BEWARE THAT GOLF. It is EVIL!

Sleeping Bear 01-19-2007 03:54 PM

Oops, computer glitch

ajibik 01-19-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsalt (Post 856570)
Your point may be valid, but your logic is flawed.

So...

Only afro-americans can rap or hip-hop.
Only Chinese can cook egg rolls.
Only Jews can eat Bagels.
All you White and other "rock stars" turn in your guitars, thats afro american too.
Only whites can be pilots.
Unless your oreintal, give up the Tai-chi and Hapkido.

The powwow is a modern evolution of things. Started much after the start of the resevation period. Whites have been interactive in communities across the country for many years Except in volume, how has anything changed.
Whites have been participating in pwws for many, many years.
Why be upset now.
People, as they always have, can discern a fruit when they see one.
Folks find there place in the world where they belong.
Along the way they have to discover where the wrong places are before they can realize where they should be.

lostsalt



Mmmmmm. Bagels.

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streamhawk (Post 856992)
that was extrememly well said Migiziwomen!! I see alot of my younger self in this post and his words, but we have to be very careful how we view the world in our youth, it can stay around a very long time to haunt us, intenisfy and magnify, and that anger can be so hard to get rid of when age has mellowed us some. Things are not always as they seem was the point I was trying to get at, and we should pick our battles better, but when you're young, you gotta do what you gotta do, I understand this. You hit the nail on the head much better than the beating around the bush I was doing. Again, well said!

awww shucks, well i gets on my soap box once in a while, and it is not my wisdom but my grandmothers and my aunites, i just listened.

Migiziwomen 01-19-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ok24stacey (Post 856996)
[/b]


Girl....you are too much!!!! :laughing:


When are you coming to Oklahoma so we can hit the "breeder clubs" downtown??

now that sounds like a good time I keep telling rezzy that I got to hang with you sometime. you and me we can rip it up. watch out now.

badmaninc 01-19-2007 05:20 PM

Dude's this is great thread. This young person is going to burn themselves out with this must venom in his heart. To have that kind of angry energy towards a group of people is for the youth. In time this person will realize that hatred however you feel is justified is actually something inside of you which is the basis of the fear. Don't be too hard; we were all young once. The people who try to reason with this individual have had a lifetime of inequities and racisim from which to provide examples. It takes that kind of experience to understand many of what has been said. Telling somebody who hasn't experienced numerous acts of stereotyping, racial profiling, prejudiced behaviour from others simply can't come to the conclusion that only white people are stupid or offensive.

NorthofAda 01-19-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmaninc (Post 857065)
Dude's this is great thread. This young person is going to burn themselves out with this must venom in his heart. To have that kind of angry energy towards a group of people is for the youth. In time this person will realize that hatred however you feel is justified is actually something inside of you which is the basis of the fear. Don't be too hard; we were all young once. The people who try to reason with this individual have had a lifetime of inequities and racisim from which to provide examples. It takes that kind of experience to understand many of what has been said. Telling somebody who hasn't experienced numerous acts of stereotyping, racial profiling, prejudiced behaviour from others simply can't come to the conclusion that only white people are stupid or offensive.


I agree - have met other folks who were non-NDN and non-white and were prejudiced toward another culture. And if they're white, and they think they know more about powwow dancing than you do, and you know they don't, then just let it roll off like water off a duck's back. No point being mad about it. Some things just aren't going to change...:shades_sm


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC