Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk *attention White People Who Powow!* *attention White People Who Powow!*

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #61
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migiziwomen View Post
now BB you should know that real Indians only Bingo, that bowling stuff although seemingly harmless is a danger to our race, do you want to turn white? do you? well do you?
Yeah, but the one bingo parlor anywhere near where I live turned into some kinda bar with boxing on Saturday nights.... Bowling is about all there is left out here to do after 7pm. LOL! And you see natives there all the time! And I'm better at darts but darts are in bars and you can't take the kids... sniff. Hell there ain't even a shuffleboard table out this way!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #62
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
I myself don't care for the obnoxious ones, but eventually you end up meeting one or two cool guys who are'nt native and they dance well, they don't compete, they are married to a native or friends of a native family who brought them in.. they are respectful and just having a good time. You end up likeing them... so now what you gonna do? Lump them in with the bizarre, the strange, the obnoxious and the disillusioned?

You know the older folks got it right, if they don't say something to someone personally to their face about their actions and what they are doing at a powwow, then ostracization is put into practice. They are'nt acknowledged, they are'nt talked to, they are'tn given the time of day. Cold shoulder in other words. People pick up on it pretty quick ...

And I seriously think some of the scads of people who start becomming the obnoxious indian types that we KNOW are'nt anything but white frauds, is the result of a new psychosis. A type of mental illness. I REALLY wish I had the education under my belt to further examine this with people... the discertation alone could make me a wealthy indian woman!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #63
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migiziwomen View Post
hey I am smart, and if the Indians were not loving on the whites from time to time I might not be here. and that would be a shame cause i am one cool half breed. but i am not blind i do know there is a movement to infaltraite the red race with bowling and golf and that damned solitare game. evil [email protected]
ow ow ow
Old 01-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #64
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
So what's wrong with Skins that bowl??

... hey wait.. take the skin heads bowling.. take them bowling! I love that song!

But no seriously... is there somethign wrong with indians bowling? You gotta let me know now because we go neon bowling at least twice a month and I need to know is this seriously a non indian thing that I should stay away from????
Those evil sadistic Yahoo! games that you download, play for an hour (for free mind you!).... then BAM they charge yer azz. It's a conspiracy.... I swear..... It's like crack. They get you hooked then make you come back and PAY for more. Stay away from those. They are the spawn of satan.

Quote:
Lighten up, the disclaimer was supposed to make people laugh.
lol Told ya.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #65
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
Quote:
.... Bowling is about all there is left out here to do after 7pm. LOL!
now the thread 'guess what' tells me that is not entirely true
i hope your family sees it as a good thing
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #66
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc View Post
Cool this is gonna be a good one. Dudes wait until I get my popcorn and coffee.
Dude, I've got you covered:
Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #67
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
Dude, I've got you covered:
i think we're going to need more popcorn guys
Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #68
ON THE PROWL...

KoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Now you've got the attention of another "mod."

Anybody who feels this thread crosses-the-line and should be deleted, just let me know?

WhoMe
Whome and Blackbear "the Mod Squad" ayyyyyeee

Dang just luving it.... Truth be told - you both do an oustanding job. NEXT...........
KoolNDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 02:51 AM   #69
Bold Renegade

Zorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant future
Location: Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, comes the horseman known as Zorro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibwecommodbod View Post
YOUR DOING IT ALL WRONG! YOU CAN NOW GO BACK TO BOWLING, DART LEAGUE, AND SOFTBALL, AND PLEASE LEAVE THE POWOWS TO US NDNS!.
Softball's a white thang? Does that mean I have to quit my team? How're they gonna catch the ball if I'm not there with my sword?

Isn't softball/baseball one of those ancient Aztec game, anyway, where they used to throw a human head around? (Hey, on second thought, send them white folks out here on the field, heh heh heh)
Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #70
Bold Renegade

Zorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant future
Location: Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, comes the horseman known as Zorro!
Hey I just got an idea for a new bowling game, who's in? lol
Old 01-20-2007, 04:32 AM   #71
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
now the thread 'guess what' tells me that is not entirely true
i hope your family sees it as a good thing

Uh, but I cannot include the entire family in on those kinda activities you know....ROFLMAO!
Old 01-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #72
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Hey I just got an idea for a new bowling game, who's in? lol
Gives a whole new meaning to picking your nose....
Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #73
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Dudes this sure got a lot of responses. The title of the thread prolly had a lot to do with it. When you open it up and start reading it it really interesting. There is a lot of polarization on the arguments. Its kind of like the debate on capital punishment. You are either really for or against it. I am not sure where I am on the spectrum. I understand all of the arguments though. If we share to much of our culture with non-ndns, they will begin to take shortcuts and *******ize the process. If we don't share some of our beliefs with them then they will not see how much value we place on our culture and teachings. Its a double edged sword. Many of our Elders from all over ndn country have lamented on this issue. It is more of a question of how much do we let them in before things begin to change and lose there significance. Its like the other thread where do these yahoos get this. People do what has been shown to them and they may not get the reasons why we do what we do. Pretty soon it becomes accepted practice. Nobody really understands anymore; things which used occur for very specific reasons no longer have teachings attached to them. That is when we begin to break down in our culture. I am by no means an expert on cultural teachings but that is what I understand.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #74
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
Quote:
Uh, but I cannot include the entire family in on those kinda activities you know....ROFLMAO!
i was kinda talking about the outcome
Old 01-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #75
Senior Dancer

trob226 is a splendid one to beholdtrob226 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 82.00
Quote:
If we don't share some of our beliefs with them then they will not see how much value we place on our culture and teachings. Its a double edged sword. Many of our Elders from all over ndn country have lamented on this issue. It is more of a question of how much do we let them in before things begin to change and lose there significance. Its like the other thread where do these yahoos get this. People do what has been shown to them and they may not get the reasons why we do what we do. Pretty soon it becomes accepted practice. Nobody really understands anymore; things which used occur for very specific reasons no longer have teachings attached to them. That is when we begin to break down in our culture. I am by no means an expert on cultural teachings but that is what I understand.
You make some really interesting points. I know people who have been guilty of misusing Indian culture out of ignorance - they don't know they're misusing because they don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. I'm certain I've done it myself. It's a question of do you trust people in general enough to disclose more so they won't destroy the culture in ignorance? Generally, I'd say no, but in particular instances, when you recognize somebody means well but just doesn't have enough knowledge, maybe it's better to risk a little more disclosure. Very tough call.
trob226 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #76
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 131,531.72
Quote:
Dudes this sure got a lot of responses. The title of the thread prolly had a lot to do with it. When you open it up and start reading it it really interesting. There is a lot of polarization on the arguments. Its kind of like the debate on capital punishment. You are either really for or against it. I am not sure where I am on the spectrum. I understand all of the arguments though. If we share to much of our culture with non-ndns, they will begin to take shortcuts and *******ize the process. If we don't share some of our beliefs with them then they will not see how much value we place on our culture and teachings. Its a double edged sword. Many of our Elders from all over ndn country have lamented on this issue. It is more of a question of how much do we let them in before things begin to change and lose there significance. Its like the other thread where do these yahoos get this. People do what has been shown to them and they may not get the reasons why we do what we do. Pretty soon it becomes accepted practice. Nobody really understands anymore; things which used occur for very specific reasons no longer have teachings attached to them. That is when we begin to break down in our culture. I am by no means an expert on cultural teachings but that is what I understand.
Dang dude, something is wrong...you're actually making sense! j/k bad. What you say makes alot of sense. It also brought another question to mind.

Is ojibwaycommodbod talking about ALL white people, white people married to ndns, or just those weird white people who do weird things like they are talking about in the 'yahoos' thread. Methinks those people in the 'yahoo' thread get overspirchalized, see psychodelicized visions and then act out what they saw!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #77
Holy Indian Taco Batman!

hobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
hobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49.99
Excuse me...

Being white, I was wondering, do I have to give up bow hunting and take up something else instead?

Don't want to offend you know :-)
hobbs49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #78
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
I Can't Believe I Read This Whole Thread!!

I found myself smiling....

When it all boils down... we are ALL humans.

Just try being yourselves and be true to you families and communites...

Remember where you came from.
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #79
Waiting

Ahinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Journey~ View Post

I found myself smiling....

When it all boils down... we are ALL humans.

Just try being yourselves and be true to you families and communites...

Remember where you came from.

I agree. Frubals on your head!
Ahinawake is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #80
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
i was kinda talking about the outcome

OH the second sentance yes, I knew that and yes everyone is excited about it thanks!!

but the first sentance LOL.. that's what I was responding to. I can't include the whole family on those "other" after 7PM activities ... that would be not just wrong, but illegal and gross LOL!!

besides that, they are a bowling nuts. And I'd rather play darts and sing Karaoke myself.