Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Check This Out!!! Check This Out!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SIDE_LINER is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rez......
Posts: 20
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs down Check This Out!!!

>Community News: January 30, 2006
>
>On Thursday, January 26, 2006, at approximately 5pm, Clifton Mathias,
>Director and Events Coordinator of Red Hawk Native American Arts
Council of
>Brooklyn, NY; called two performers to meet him at a church in
Brooklyn, to
>(supposedly) perform for a Boy Scout Troup. He asked that they meet at
7pm
>that evening. Clifton Mathias, acting in an official capacity in
contacting
>these performers with an intent to deceive and physically assault. Upon

>that meeting, the two performers were physically assaulted by Clifton
>Mathias and members of a Biker Gang, named the Legion of Doom and
sustained
>serious injuries. Both performers were greatly out-numbered and were
>possibly in danger of losing their lives. Clifton Mathias was
subsequently
>arrested on charges of Gang Assault.
>Red Hawk Native American Arts Council is a cultural and educational
>organization, whose purpose is to promote Native American awareness.
Many
>of the performance that Red Hawk contracts with are NYC Public Schools,
Boy
>Scouts of America, and many other entities that involve children. THIS
IS A
>MAN WHOSE BEHAVIOR AND ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WITH GANG VIOLANCE SHOULD NOT
BE
>ALLOWED TO HAVE CONTACT WITH ANYONE, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN.
>Clifton Mathias is a menace to society and has demonstrated Anti-Social

>behavior and continues to operate this organization and affiliates
himself
>with a known violent gang. Clifton Mathias is the founder of the Nomad
>Chapter of the Legion of Doom in Brooklyn, NY. In addition to his
activity,
>Mr. Mathias also operates this organization in a questionable and
possibly
>illegal manner.
>This type of individual is defrauding the public and is using a cover
of
>being a community leader to suit his agenda. This should not be
tolerated
>by the Native Community and the General Public alike. How can we
knowingly
>support the Red Hawk Native American Arts Council and thus the Legion
of
>Doom Biker Gang, a silent affiliate of Red Hawk Native American Arts
>Council? Why would somebody with a prestigious position jeopardize his
>position and the non-profit organization, with a known violent gang.
>This incident can be verified through the New York City Police
Department,
>90th Pct and the Brooklyn Criminal Court.
__________________
:e11: Hi, WHO are you?
SIDE_LINER is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Hola!
 
kgirl7's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 483
Credits: 2,660.82
Savings: 0.00
Where did you get this from?
__________________
Cariblanguage.org
kgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kimimila1006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere USA
Posts: 1
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
This is BS

What "community news" did this come from?? Most media outlets do not take sides and blatantly voice opinions...this was written with intention to directly slander only Cliff. This is not the complete story! Not to mention the punctuation errors and misspelled words in the article...this seems like community news from Calvin Burns' living room.

Calvin Burns got his *** kicked when he was called to the scene to be confronted because it was discovered that he had replaced the RedHawk # with his own cell # and was stealing gigs from all the redhawk dancers. When he was confronted there were words and he and Cliff got into a fight. The cops were called and Cliff was booked with misdeamenor assault, and then let go. AND THIS CAN BE CHECKED WITH THE 90TH PRECINCT.

There is no "gang"...and it had nothing to do with The Legion of Doom. This had to do with Calvin stealing money and gigs from RedHawk.
Kimimila1006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
The voices tell me...
 
Joe's Dad's Avatar
 
Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 15,806
Credits: 143,242.72
Savings: 1.00
Holay! This thread is naming names!!!
__________________


Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
native3006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDE_LINER
>Community News: January 30, 2006
>
>On Thursday, January 26, 2006, at approximately 5pm, Clifton Mathias,
>Director and Events Coordinator of Red Hawk Native American Arts
Council of
>Brooklyn, NY; called two performers to meet him at a church in
Brooklyn, to
>(supposedly) perform for a Boy Scout Troup. He asked that they meet at
7pm
>that evening. Clifton Mathias, acting in an official capacity in
contacting
>these performers with an intent to deceive and physically assault. Upon

>that meeting, the two performers were physically assaulted by Clifton
>Mathias and members of a Biker Gang, named the Legion of Doom and
sustained
>serious injuries. Both performers were greatly out-numbered and were
>possibly in danger of losing their lives. Clifton Mathias was
subsequently
>arrested on charges of Gang Assault.
>Red Hawk Native American Arts Council is a cultural and educational
>organization, whose purpose is to promote Native American awareness.
Many
>of the performance that Red Hawk contracts with are NYC Public Schools,
Boy
>Scouts of America, and many other entities that involve children. THIS
IS A
>MAN WHOSE BEHAVIOR AND ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WITH GANG VIOLANCE SHOULD NOT
BE
>ALLOWED TO HAVE CONTACT WITH ANYONE, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN.
>Clifton Mathias is a menace to society and has demonstrated Anti-Social

>behavior and continues to operate this organization and affiliates
himself
>with a known violent gang. Clifton Mathias is the founder of the Nomad
>Chapter of the Legion of Doom in Brooklyn, NY. In addition to his
activity,
>Mr. Mathias also operates this organization in a questionable and
possibly
>illegal manner.
>This type of individual is defrauding the public and is using a cover
of
>being a community leader to suit his agenda. This should not be
tolerated
>by the Native Community and the General Public alike. How can we
knowingly
>support the Red Hawk Native American Arts Council and thus the Legion
of
>Doom Biker Gang, a silent affiliate of Red Hawk Native American Arts
>Council? Why would somebody with a prestigious position jeopardize his
>position and the non-profit organization, with a known violent gang.
>This incident can be verified through the New York City Police
Department,
>90th Pct and the Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Last edited by native3006; 02-04-2006 at 12:47 PM..
native3006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
qwade is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 73
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
check

the both of them aint indian anyway so dont get all worked up check the files peeps they dont matter
qwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
The Original OP CREW
 
AlmostThere's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AlmostThere is a name known to all
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 968
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
all I can say is ---Wow!!!!!! For real
__________________
blah blah blah....
AlmostThere is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
The voices tell me...
 
Joe's Dad's Avatar
 
Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 15,806
Credits: 143,242.72
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostThere
all I can say is ---Wow!!!!!! For real
Hey, did u change your username?
__________________


Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
The Original OP CREW
 
AlmostThere's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AlmostThere is a name known to all
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 968
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
LAMO... Why its UGLY???...HUH??.joking
__________________
blah blah blah....
AlmostThere is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
Fat Singer
 
billyjoejimbob's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: white guy land
Posts: 1,521
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I remember when Cliff wasnt NDN yet. I used to go to all those NJ powwow 15 yers ago.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Who Cares? is a jewel in the rough
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 7
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OMG are you kidding me!?!??!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoejimbob
I remember when Cliff wasnt NDN yet. I used to go to all those NJ powwow 15 yers ago.
You should be one to talk! Billy-Joe Jim-Bob "getter dun" lol

I remember when a lot of great pw trail ndns now weren't ndn 2 years ago.

The letter is so uncredible. It doesn't even list the performers names or anything and whoever wrote it didn't have the balls enough to sign it.

Cliff is a good guy. He does a lot to help educate ppl about the native way. Most ndns can't even do that.
Who Cares? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts
 
**jdazmum**'s Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2004
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Posts: 1,173
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
This is hilarious! Love drama.

qwade-that was some funny $hit. "the both of them aren't even indian anyway...." That is so funny.
__________________
Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.
**jdazmum** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts
 
**jdazmum**'s Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2004
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Posts: 1,173
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wait a minute.........those this have anything to do with powwows? if not, take your thread to native news, it would be okay is a brawl happened at a powwow.
__________________
Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.
**jdazmum** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #14
is a talking Magpie
 
wannabeUrNo1Snag's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the state where disaster strikes every couple yrs
Posts: 658
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
well for those of us who have been outta the redhawk loop are sure gettin caught up on the drama! lol
__________________
"would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #15
Fat Singer
 
billyjoejimbob's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: white guy land
Posts: 1,521
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
WHO CARES - I once had a blood transfusion and they told me it was from a native donor. I think I got 3 pints wich makes me 33.33333% indian!!!

Pluse Im NDN at heart and my great great grandmothers uncles aunt was a cherokee princess!
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #16
is a talking Magpie
 
wannabeUrNo1Snag's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the state where disaster strikes every couple yrs
Posts: 658
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
isn't legion of doom a name of a wrestling group??
__________________
"would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
truthseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
This is serious

This is serious, ndns everywhere should be outraged.

Redhawk hosts some of the largest powwows in the nyc area, (so this is pow wow related.) Redhawk also claims to break stereotypes of ndns, however, on January 26th, all that was missing from his hand was a tomahawk. Calling dancers to an educational program and then ambushing them on the street with a biker gang, is criminal. DO you want this kind of person representing ndns.

While Cliff might do some good, it’s only because there is a lack of legitimate people to do it. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be filling the void. I’ve seen his educational programs, not a lot of substance there. (But what do white folks know anyway, right?)

Imagine dancers,
you receive a call from someone you’ve been working with professionally for years. You have broken bread with his family, and traveled together far and wide. You pack your regalia and head out to meet him. When you get to the location, he greets swinging, as a biker gang surround you. You fight hard. You fight for your life. Through the corner of your eyes as you move you head to avoid the punches, you see regalia strewn on the ground, the other dancer who you arrived with you is being choked on the ground. As soon as it started, they were off and left you on the street. You are stunned, and angry. You get yourselves together and get to the precinct where you find your assaulter has just claimed you assaulted him. He even inflicted self-injuries. It is surreal. Can you imagine this happening to you? I know two dancers that never thought this would happen to them.

IF there was a boyscout event that night, no ndns were present. Redhawk was a no show. How does that help white Americas impression of ndns? So much for Cliff’s good. The truth is, there probably was no event that night. It was made up by Cliff as a lure for his ambush. A criminal act justified by no provocation. The so called “reasons” for Cliff’s confrontation are bogus, as Kimimila knows. There are no gigs to be stolen from Redhawk, especially not through the Community House where Cliff has made himself “persona non grata” (not welcome). As for stolen money, ask Cliff what his salary is? And what does he pay his staff? And, have we all forgotten the money he raised for Quala, NC? Where did that $ go? And what about all the scholarship money raised at Redhawk powwows? Who gets those? Couldn’t your kid use a scholarship?

The truth is that those reasons are made up “beef”. Redhawk members and supporters are leaving left and right due to Cliffs, actions, affiliations and attitude. He is feeling abandoned and needed a scapegoat to stroke his ego. He acted like a baby, like a thug, not like a legitimate business man who would have dealt with a legitimate business gripe like a man. He would have called Calvin and told him they needed to talk. If it had come to blows, that would have been one thing, but, Cliff must know that even on his best day, he couldn’t take Calvin, so he called out his new friends, his thug buddies and set up the ambush.

Cliff is wrong, ask the witnesses. I did. By the way he is facing two felonies and a misdemeanor, so far. He owes Calvin and J, the Redhawk Board, and above the Native Community an apology. Lucky for us this hasn’t gotten out into the mainstream media.

Be outraged, send Redhawk an e-mail, call, contact their Board, boycott their powwows, or whatever it takes to be heard.

Truthseeker
truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2006, 11:38 PM   #18
is a talking Magpie
 
wannabeUrNo1Snag's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the state where disaster strikes every couple yrs
Posts: 658
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
and we should do this because u said so??...there are 2 sides to every story...the simple fact that u and ur buddy posted dirty laundry up on a message board doesn't make calvin and whoever else wuz "ambushed" seem like victims but jus as people who wanted to get their version of their so called story out before anyone else....i'm not taking sides...but this is my opinion of what appears to be going on....
in fact i'm not outraged...this whole story seems far fetched....i've known cliff for 9 years, and altho i may not speak to him frequently, a post on a message board so one sided, would not make me "boycott" anything...and lol...ur whole impression of what white americans might have due to this...this is not a race issue, its a personal issue cliff had with calvin and whoever else...
ur whole tactic of how we should be so upset that cliff tarnished the reputation of all ndnz due to this is pretty ridiculous and to be honest, what he or other people due on their own time has nuttin to do with me or how white america may percieve me...
in the end no one really knows the real reason a confrontation occurred but the people involved...
__________________
"would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2006, 12:53 AM   #19
Pow Wow Visitor
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
truthseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What you don’t seem to understand is that this did not happen “ on Cliff’s own time”. It happened while he was acting in his capacity as a President, or Director of a not-for-profit organization which is governed by law.

I wouldn’t expect you personally to understand since you, wannabeur #1snag, probably would defend Cliff since as your name suggests, you walk in the same circles and share his mentality.

I’m not telling you what to do, or how to feel, but am suggesting that we have a responsibility to protect the images portrayed of the native community. If you don’t care, that’s on you. But I’m sure there are others who do and they should know the truth.
truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #20
The voices tell me...
 
Joe's Dad's Avatar
 
Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 15,806
Credits: 143,242.72
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker
This is serious, ndns everywhere should be outraged.

Redhawk hosts some of the largest powwows in the nyc area, (so this is pow wow related.) Redhawk also claims to break stereotypes of ndns, however, on January 26th, all that was missing from his hand was a tomahawk. Calling dancers to an educational program and then ambushing them on the street with a biker gang, is criminal. DO you want this kind of person representing ndns.

While Cliff might do some good, it’s only because there is a lack of legitimate people to do it. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be filling the void. I’ve seen his educational programs, not a lot of substance there. (But what do white folks know anyway, right?)

Imagine dancers,
you receive a call from someone you’ve been working with professionally for years. You have broken bread with his family, and traveled together far and wide. You pack your regalia and head out to meet him. When you get to the location, he greets swinging, as a biker gang surround you. You fight hard. You fight for your life. Through the corner of your eyes as you move you head to avoid the punches, you see regalia strewn on the ground, the other dancer who you arrived with you is being choked on the ground. As soon as it started, they were off and left you on the street. You are stunned, and angry. You get yourselves together and get to the precinct where you find your assaulter has just claimed you assaulted him. He even inflicted self-injuries. It is surreal. Can you imagine this happening to you? I know two dancers that never thought this would happen to them.

IF there was a boyscout event that night, no ndns were present. Redhawk was a no show. How does that help white Americas impression of ndns? So much for Cliff’s good. The truth is, there probably was no event that night. It was made up by Cliff as a lure for his ambush. A criminal act justified by no provocation. The so called “reasons” for Cliff’s confrontation are bogus, as Kimimila knows. There are no gigs to be stolen from Redhawk, especially not through the Community House where Cliff has made himself “persona non grata” (not welcome). As for stolen money, ask Cliff what his salary is? And what does he pay his staff? And, have we all forgotten the money he raised for Quala, NC? Where did that $ go? And what about all the scholarship money raised at Redhawk powwows? Who gets those? Couldn’t your kid use a scholarship?

The truth is that those reasons are made up “beef”. Redhawk members and supporters are leaving left and right due to Cliffs, actions, affiliations and attitude. He is feeling abandoned and needed a scapegoat to stroke his ego. He acted like a baby, like a thug, not like a legitimate business man who would have dealt with a legitimate business gripe like a man. He would have called Calvin and told him they needed to talk. If it had come to blows, that would have been one thing, but, Cliff must know that even on his best day, he couldn’t take Calvin, so he called out his new friends, his thug buddies and set up the ambush.

Cliff is wrong, ask the witnesses. I did. By the way he is facing two felonies and a misdemeanor, so far. He owes Calvin and J, the Redhawk Board, and above the Native Community an apology. Lucky for us this hasn’t gotten out into the mainstream media.

Be outraged, send Redhawk an e-mail, call, contact their Board, boycott their powwows, or whatever it takes to be heard.

Truthseeker
Who in the hell is Cliff and Calvin? Somewhere in this thread it says that one is white, and the other one is whiter. Actually, that is not important.

Why would anyone put out their dirty laundry, that happened at a center somewhere, on the world wide web? Stupid shyt like this shouldn't even be allowed on here.
__________________


Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 02-26-2006 at 02:05 AM..
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lil Girls Regalia dtsosie Fancy Shawl Dancing 4 02-03-2003 01:51 PM
Please check your email accounts Paul G News and Announcements 5 12-16-2002 02:46 AM
Check this out Majii Jingle Dancing 12 07-28-2002 08:55 PM
Check Out This "shawl" Riverwoman Fancy Shawl Dancing 6 07-11-2002 12:13 AM
Check it out!!!! Okwataga Cloth Dancing 0 10-31-2001 03:49 PM

    

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Join PowWows.com Today!

Your Guide to Native American Pow Wows Since 1996

Register For Free

Enjoy the benefits of being a member of PowWows.com!

Join our Native American online community focused on Pow Wow singing, dancing, crafts, Native American music, Native American videos, and more.

Add your Pow Wow to our Calendar

Share your photos and videos

Play games, enter contests, and much more!






New Threads

Pow Wow Calendar Search

 
Month: Year:

Location:

Videos

Featured Articles

Dance Styles

Crafts

Gallery