Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk cherokee memorial day powwow winners cherokee memorial day powwow winners

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wastewin is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
cherokee memorial day powwow winners

I guess I'll post the winners list. well the names I remember. the powwow was alright, but oh well it gave me sum'em to do.

Mens Tradish
1. Louie Paul
2. Antonio Grant
3. Rick B.
4. ?
5. ?

mens grass
1. Micah Swimmer
2. Dale Roberts
3. ?

mens Fancy
1. Gabe Bullock
2. Eric Bird
3. ?
4. Jonathan Crisp
5. Jack

Womens Tadish
1. Melissa Montoya
2. ?
3. the crow lady(don't remember her name)
4. Bernice B.
5. Nikki Crisp

Womens Jingle
1. Rowena Roberts
2. ?
3. Tooter Owens

Womens Fancy
1. Josette ( I think that's it)
2. Kelly Murphy
3. Taryn Walking Eagle
4. Karina B.
5. Naomi

Chicken dance special: Antonio Grant
Two-step:Antonio Grant and Melissa Montoya
team dance: Amanda Grant, Shaundene Grant, Shauna ?, Josettes lil girl.
That's all I could remember. Sorry if I spelled some of the names wrong.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Drum winners?
Old 05-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
a real half ndn*

Aprealone has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Cherokee!! :)

1-southern suns
2-southern eagle

I was able to go this year and had a blast!!

Thanks to Daniel,The Owls, the chick working the gate allll dayyyy--bless her heart~!, Mr. MC, Micheal, Mr. and Mrs. Roberts., Stephanie, Rainbow,Mrs. Bernice and Rick,The Crisps, Tooter,YOYO,My head man (again, lol*) Gabe,Thunderhill, and Awoholi( sp??),and so many other warms faces that worked so hard.This pow wow was so much fun!
However-- I did break my breast plate running up late for an intertribal, LOL*** Sooooo...if you see any blue beads please pick them up and send them to *** Fayetteville, NC.

If my backup singing sister is reading this please email me---got some news for ya:)
.....and oh yeah, next year I want to to enter the corn eating contest!!
Aprealone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastewin
Womens Tadish
1. Melissa Montoya
2. ?
3. the crow lady(don't remember her name)
4. Bernice B.
5. Nikki Crisp

2. Misty Blue Mesteth
3. Nita One Bear

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Fun Time

I got fifth in Men's Traditional....I was the only straight dancer out there. I had a good time. April, you can take my place in the corn eating contest next year. I had just got done with my runoff and the last thing on my mind was scarfing down an ear of hot a$$ corn. Fun time though...
Old 05-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
Gettin Dat Chicken On...

darkwaterlum is a jewel in the rough
Had a really good time this weekend, this powwow was nice and laid back, good if you were looking to get away for a weekend, especially in the mountains... I took home 4th in men's grass, and my bro took first in men's traditional, ( the Chickens came out to play... ha haha..)

Hey April, you know I seen all of that "breast Plate" fall apart now with my new "visor" heheee..
darkwaterlum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
southern singer

jlumbee is on a distinguished road
This was a good powwow and the people were real friendly and the video that I got with the dancers dancing with the mountains behind them is awesome. The Host drums rocked all weekend long and the powwow committee treated us well. Good job to all who help put it together. Loved the idea of a corn eating contest,, glad Im not the head singer of Southern Sun. LOL
jlumbee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
How is everyones' feet and legs after dancing on the concrete all weekend?

Hope people come back for the 4th, several specials that weekend
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
WOWZERS!!! Congrats to Nita....way to show em that Crow Style! Wish i was there to jamm out w/you & Congrats to Louie too ;) Bout time...aaaaaaaaaaaye! u know i'm just messin w/ya kiddo, seriously tho happy ya'll got in there.

One of these days we'll make it down there!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
a real half ndn*

Aprealone has a spectacular aura about
Buckskin-- I am such a Nita groupie!! The woman can freakin jam---I love watching her dance. Go Nita!!
Aprealone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #11
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
Only one straight dancer?

I know a few years ago when I was singing down there they had a straight category... or at least I thought... was a while ago and I'm getting old... LOL

Paselo
Old 06-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
whoa whoa whoa..... hold up now. who nibbled on who's ears?? whhhaaa? I bet it got so hott on that concrete yalls corns jus started poppin enit??? lol jokes no northern groups beside hosts????? which was the hostest with the mostest?