Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Chickahominy Tribe Invites all to 57th Annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival; September 27&28 Chickahominy Tribe Invites all to 57th Annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival; September 27&28

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
Chickahominy Tribe Invites all to 57th Annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival; September 27&28

This is one of my favorite pow-wows. This year, my friends Terry White (one of the best traditional dancers, bar none) and Phyllis Campbell will be head dancers - my boi Keith Colston is MC - and Red Earth from Haliwa-Saponi are the host drum....anyone who has ever come to the pow-wow know that the Chickahominy are very gracious and loving folks - come be blessed....

Chickahominy Tribe Invites all to 57th Annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival; September 27 & 28, 2008

Email on behalf of the Chickahominy Indian Tribe, whose members invite all to their 57th annual pow-wow/fall festival. Please share with family, friends and others that may be interested. Keith Wynn, Pow-Wow Coordinator; (804) 966-2448.

-----------------------------------------------------------CHICKAHOMINY POW WOW TO FEATURE DANCING, TRADITIONAL CRAFTS DEMONSTRATIONS; HISTORICAL EXHIBITS

Native Americans from throughout the country will join the Chickahominy Indian Tribe as they celebrate their 56th Annual Fall Festival and Pow-Wow; Saturday and Sunday, September 27 and 28, 2008; on the Chickahominy Tribal Grounds in Charles City County, Virginia. Grounds open at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 27, with Grand Entry at 12:00 noon. Sunday hours are 11:00-6:00 p.m., with Grand Entry at 1:00 p.m. The Pow-Wow//Fall Festival will feature Native American dancers, drummers, singers, artisans and crafters. The longest running traditional Pow-Wow in Virginia, the Chickahominy gathered in 1951 at Samaria Indian School, which is now home to Samaria Baptist Church. The Pow-Wow/Fall Festival later moved to the current tribal grounds. The Chickahominy Indian Tribe was among those that witnessed the coming of the colonists in 1607.

Keith Wynn, Pow-Wow Coordinator and member of the Chickahominy Tribal Council, believes that the Chickahominy Pow-Wow is an excellent way for the public to share the rich Virginia Indian culture directly with the Indian people. “The 57th annual Fall Festival and Pow-Wow promises to be an exciting event for all who choose to attend,” comments Wynn. “The Chickahominy Indian Tribe strives to provide a wholesome family environment in which people can learn about the Tribe through song, dance, crafts, lectures and informal conversation.”

All veterans will be honored during the Grand Entry ceremonies each day with special recognition to soldiers currently serving in the Middle East. Native American crafters will have jewelry, pottery, beadwork, leather crafts, and other Native American arts and crafts for sale. Special dance exhibitions and cultural demonstrations will take place at various times each day. Information on Virginia Indian history and current Tribal initiatives will be available, with tribal members available to meet and greet attendees. The Chickahominy Tribe will have an information booth on their tribal history as well. Food will be available for purchase and will feature Indian Fry Bread/tacos, hamburgers and hot dogs, fish and fries, barbeque, a special bake sale, and plenty of cold beverages.

Keith Colston, Tuscarora-Lumbee, will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for this year’s Gathering. Colston is the Executive Director of the Maryland Commission on Indian Affairs, where he has an opportunity to combine his career with his personal goals in promoting the native culture and spirituality. The featured host drum will be Red Earth, from Hollister, North Carolina. Several drums have been invited. Lead dancers are Terry White, Lumbee Indian Nation, and Phyllis Campbell, Choctaw Nation. Clark Stewart, Chickahominy Tribe, will be the Arena Director, with the Indian Nations Warriors & Veterans Honor Color Guard leading Grand Entry each day.

The festival is open to the public. No admission is charged; however, donations will be appreciated. Transportation from the parking lot and seating will be available for senior adults and disabled citizens. Tribal officials recommend that attendees bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. Due to health and safety regulations, pets are not permitted on Pow-Wow grounds.

For further information about the 57th annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival, including directions to the Chickahominy Tribal Grounds, please visit our website at CHICKAHOMINY (Events) or call (804) 829-2027 or (804) 966-2448.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
i'll be there.......with bells on........ i love this pow wow
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Silver Springs Trading

nll002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,702.04
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
i'll be there.......with bells on........ i love this pow wow
You better believe I'm going....... I love this powwow also... good people and good food. Bringing some friends from office of the Lumbee Tribe of NC.

Norma Jean
nll002 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Y'all come on and enjoy yourself. We always have a good time at the powwow. I love it when my peeps from NC come up. We always have a lot of good food and good fellowship. Last year when Secret Hill Drum came up, we all went to dinner after the powwow. We ended up taken up half of the banquet room at the Carinni's Italian resturant. Boy, what a night.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
can't wait for this one......always have a blast here, and always feel welcome...........and good drums..........
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nll002 View Post
You better believe I'm going....... I love this powwow also... good people and good food. Bringing some friends from office of the Lumbee Tribe of NC.

Norma Jean
Come on up! Gotta love them Lums!!!!!!! Make sure that you introduce yourself to me. Y'all will be able to figure who I am.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #7
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCINGEAGLE View Post
Come on up! Gotta love them Lums!!!!!!! Make sure that you introduce yourself to me. Y'all will be able to figure who I am.
yep can't miss him he's got the bike and won't quit talkin..........
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #8
Silver Springs Trading

nll002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,702.04
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCINGEAGLE View Post

Good people and we love to talk also... We will make sure to introduce ourselves... You will know which ones are the Lums...
nll002 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

n8tiveheart is a splendid one to beholdn8tiveheart is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
sounds like a good powwow. I wnt be able to make it this year maybe next I can get a few folks from home to go. alot of my family members and friends family came from virgina.

Can I be put onto a mailing list for next years event?
n8tiveheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
Senior Dancer

nativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 384.00
Savings: 0.98
hey nll002 be sure to come up and introduce yourself to me I'll be the one in the blue dress and red wheelie with a powwow.com shirt on the back.......lol. sure can't miss me!!!! Right Clarke????

Becca
nativedancer5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
BikerBoyNDNStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tiveheart View Post
sounds like a good powwow. I wnt be able to make it this year maybe next I can get a few folks from home to go. alot of my family members and friends family came from virgina.

Can I be put onto a mailing list for next years event?
No mailing list. Just keep an eye out on this site.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
Senior Dancer

nativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond repute
okay everyone it's coming up soon.........so who all is joining me at this one???? I've got a new outfit so you'll really have to look twice...............lol
Old 09-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #13
Pow Wow Committee

i'll be there
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #14
Senior Dancer

okay just about a week away.................whos coming????
Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #15
BikerBoyNDNStyle

I am on my way to the Fair first. I guess I can make it.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

bullrider is a name known to all
Smile

DancingEagle thought you was MC and if you go to the fair bring me some kettle popcorn back LOL
bullrider is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #17
BikerBoyNDNStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrider View Post
DancingEagle thought you was MC and if you go to the fair bring me some kettle popcorn back LOL
Naw, I'm the AD. I'm going to the Fair on Friday. I'll be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for Saturday.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
Junior Dancer

Lapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond repute
The husband and I will be there Sunday. Have to spend some time Friday and Saturday cleaning up and preparing the Meherrin Tribal grounds for our powwow on Friday and Saturday. Red Oak will be there to set up on Sunday and I can spend time with Clark, Rose, and Chel (I love my other family!) See ya there!

LQ
Lapis Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
Tiny Tot Dancer

bullrider is a name known to all
Smile

Lapis Queen will be glad to see you. Got any info on Meherrin Powwow
bullrider is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #20
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrider View Post
and bring me a candy apple - i want to go one night - and get some italian sausage --- YAY! Can't wait to see everybody this weekend....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links