Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Chickahominy Tribe - September 23-24, 2006 Chickahominy Tribe - September 23-24, 2006

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
Chickahominy Tribe - September 23-24, 2006

Email on behalf of the Chickahominy Indian Tribe, whose members invite all to their 55th annual pow-wow/fall festival. Please share with family, friends and others that may be interested.
Keith Wynn, Pow-Wow Coordinator; (804) 966-2448.

NATIVE AMERICANS TO GATHER IN CHARLES CITY, VIRGINIA

Native Americans from throughout the country will join the Chickahominy Indian Tribe as they celebrate their 55th Annual Fall Festival and Pow-Wow; Saturday and Sunday, September 23 and 24, 2006; on the Chickahominy Tribal Grounds in Charles City County, Virginia. Grounds open at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 23, with Grand Entry at 12:00 noon. Sunday hours are 11:00-6:00 p.m., with Grand Entry at 1:00 p.m. The festival/Pow-Wow will feature Native American dancers, drummers, singers and crafters. The longest running traditional Pow-Wow in Virginia, the Chickahominy gathered in 1951 at Samaria Indian School, which is now home to Samaria Baptist Church. The Pow-Wow/Fall Festival later moved to the current tribal grounds. The Chickahominy Indian Tribe was among those which witnessed the coming of the colonists in 1607.

Keith Wynn, Pow-Wow Coordinator and member of the Chickahominy Tribal Council, believes that the Chickahominy Pow-Wow is an excellent way for the public to share the rich Virginia Indian culture directly with the Indian people. “The 55th annual Fall Festival and Pow-Wow promises to be an exciting event for all who choose to attend,” comments Wynn. “The Chickahominy Indian Tribe strives to provide a wholesome family environment in which people can learn about the Tribe through song, dance, crafts, lectures and informal conversation.”

All veterans will be honored during the Grand Entry ceremonies each day with special recognition to soldiers currently serving in the Middle East. Native American crafters will have jewelry, pottery, beadwork, leather crafts, and other Native American arts and crafts for sale. Historical and cultural demonstrations, including brain tanning, traditional pottery and beadwork, flute music, and Eastern Woodland Indian survival demonstrations are planned. Visitors will also have an opportunity to talk with members of the delegation of the eight (8) Virginia tribes that recently traveled to England to present cultural and historical programs, as well as educational symposiums for the British people including school children.

Special dance exhibitions will take place at various times each day. Food will be available and will feature Indian Fry Bread/tacos, hamburgers and hot dogs, fish and chips, and plenty of cold beverages.

Clayton Old Elk, enrolled member of the Crow Indian Nation of Montana, will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for this year’s Gathering. Old Elk participates in many Native American cultural and traditional ceremonies including events at the National Museum of the American Indian, and is employed by the Indian Health Service in Maryland. The featured host drum will be Red Wolf, from Hollister, North Carolina. Several drums have been invited. Lead dancers are Aaron Winston and Donna Richardson, brother and sister and members of the Meherrin Indian Tribe of North Carolina. Clark Stewart, Chickahominy Indian Tribe, will be the Arena Director.

The festival is open to the public. No admission is charged; however, donations will be appreciated. Transportation from the parking lot and seating will be available for senior adults and disabled citizens. Tribal officials recommend that attendees bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. Due to health and safety regulations, pets are not permitted on Pow-Wow grounds.

For further information about the 55th annual Pow-Wow/Fall Festival, including directions to the Chickahominy Tribal Grounds, please visit our website at www.chickahominytribe.org (Events) or call (804) 829-2027 or (804) 966-2448.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

nativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 384.00
Savings: 0.98
ok who all goin to this one?????
I'll be there for sure.
nativedancer5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
i'll be there for sure
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
I will def be there :)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
Arena Director

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
I will definitely be there!!! Looking forward to seeing my buddies from RedWolf.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
Kili!

Wojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Gonna have another hip-hop pow wow dance?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
I sure hope not!!!! That was toooooo embaracing.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Hey Becca, please be sure to introduce yourself this go around. Saturday I will be wearing a navy blue satin dress w/purple, yellow & pink applique work.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
Senior Dancer

nativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond reputenativedancer5 has a reputation beyond repute
Becky I will be there on Sunday hubby has something on Saturday I'll be the one in the red motorized scooter with waist length hair and yellow top.

Becca
Old 09-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
I'll keep my eyes out! FYI - they are calling for rain Sunday
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #12
BikerBoyNDNStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativedancer5
Becky I will be there on Sunday hubby has something on Saturday I'll be the one in the red motorized scooter with waist length hair and yellow top.

Becca
Definitely come and introduce yourself. I'm the AD.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Arena Director

Looking forward to good times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCINGEAGLE
Definitely come and introduce yourself. I'm the AD.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #14
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
hmmmm...I hate I've missed this one this year. We haven't missed this one in a few years.

Let me know how it goes!
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

It was really fun. nativedancer5, Tigger, Smokin' Ace and DancingEagle were there. But it was hot!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #16
Arena Director

I got there like at 6:10 on Saturday, in time to see everyone leaving!!! But I did go back on Sunday - AND I wore my Pow-wows.com shirt, just in case there were any takers on the scavenger hunt (moderator and shirt!!) Tiger clued me in on Saturday, so I tried to make it easy for anyone participating!!

I had a ball, but Becky is right - it was so hot, you were sweating bullets in the shade!!! It was great seeing everyone! Red Wolf Rocked the HOUSE!!!!! What about it??? Man - made me want to dance - I got up and had to sing -- it was awesome!!! And being able to play with all my cousins babies - YAY!!! Seeing my family on Falling Water... seeing all the dancers - it was a blast!!! I saw some vendors I have not seen in a minute - Fort Cherokee, George Whitewolf, even saw Norma and Sab from the house.... shoot - and I lie to you not - the food - OMG - the food. My son and I shared some chocolate cake and coconut pie - and a fried chicken sandwich - it was all to die for!!!

I thought Donna and Aaron looked great out there!!

Great pow-wow - congrats to Chickahominy for another successful year!!! AND the records show attendance for Saturday was over 5,000. It was quite a lot of folks there yesterday and I heard the vendors especially were very happy!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #17
BikerBoyNDNStyle

I really had a great time this year. It was really good to see soooooo many people there. I must say though, that, I was definitely worn out. Doing both Arena Directing and drumming tends to wear a person out. I did have a lot of fun.

Also, it was good to see all of my friends from Hollister. They always keep me laughing whenever we get together. Can't wait to see them at Meherrin. Thanks to everyone for coming and celebrating our 55th Annual Powwow. See you on the trail.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #18
Senior Dancer

well hubby and I ended up going on Saturday instead of Sunday. We couldn't believe the amount of people there!!! It was great to see such a big turn out. It was VERY hot but had a wonderful time and got to meet Tigger and Dancingeagle and saw Becky. Got some great pics too.

Becca
Sponsored Links