Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Controversy At GON???!!!??? Controversy At GON???!!!???

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #81
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
miss_nay49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeePeeCreepnHoney
anyone know what was the little controversy in mens southern fancy sat. nite? i believe it included lydal yazzie? who was that girl he was with? isn't he with his oklahoma gurl? update me please, anyone

don't think it was much of a 'controversy' but i guess...WHO WAS THAT GURL that LY was with...LoL....damn..last time i kick it with that rugged fella'...*L*....
Old 05-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #82
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBz
LMAO! Ohh okay thats good to know... LMAO! crazy girl..yeah you have 50 to slam me in public like this past weekend! teasing me about jungle fever! that dork! did you know that was me? LMAO! i felt like a dork afterwards i was tired LOL

I was gonna add...shamz and nates laundry was downy fresh! LMAO! sorry shamz...but congrats girlie
Our choice is Gain . You should see how much I go through with him, he keeps me laughing all day. You can never win an arguement with him, I just have to walk away.......lol! sucks, one day though.........I'll get him.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #83
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
LMAO! Gain... borox?? wtf..is borox?? LMAO! i just thought of that LMAO! shooooottt i think i've slammed him a few times and he didn't have a good come back...except..that was a good one cuz! LMAO! ONE OF THESE DAYS GIRL...ONE OF THESE DAYS!! You'll get him
Old 05-04-2005, 03:24 AM   #84
The One You Left Behind

Chief_TwoLeftFeet is an unknown quantity at this point
GON gone crazy???

Geez... I wish I hit GON...

to everyone that went...

*Napoleon Dynamite voice* LUCKY!!!

Last edited by Chief_TwoLeftFeet; 05-04-2005 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 05-04-2005, 03:53 AM   #85
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
[QUOTE=LYazzie]lol...i guess i'm jus that important huh...QUOTE]

DURTY GURL!!!!! Only to us baby.......LMFAO!!!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #86
Tiny Tot Dancer

fancy_frederick is on a distinguished road
Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyaanii mom
OH my goodness CONGRATS to them. I saw them together Saturday night. They are so cute together!
Yes...very big congratulations to you both!!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #87
49in_ndn

I got stuck waiting for a wristband and it was not a pretty site. People were all standing line waiting once again. They didn't want to do no refunds or anything it was a mad house. I was ok with waiting because I wanted to make sure I can go and out and not being stuck at the powwow. Then the "main" guy came with the wrist bands and the cashier ladies were tellling everyone to wait to buy the wristbands. Well they were only going to do a switch off and give the dancers who bought passes wrist bands. Then that guy who was in charge was saying he was doing all of us a favor by getting more wristbands. How is he doing us a favor? Aren't we doing them a favor by attending and supporting their powwow? I was mad after that. Then that eyabay singer getting kicked out just topped it all off and I didn't like that powwow this year. BUT!! Graham's was hella fun..lol

Old 05-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #88
49in_ndn

this came from ndnsports...

Posted 5/3/2005 1:07 AM (#83510)
Subject: the guy who got kicked at GON was me

allright for all you die hards makin up **** and everything lol :pi heard lots of diffrent variations and people all acting like they know but this is what happened

i was all chillen at the drum then i heard the boyz was about to sing so i went up to go and watch them. since my homie was singing with them so i worked my way up to the seats and **** i was overlookin them then this big *** mofo started to yell at me for watching them sing so i was like "dont' ****in yell at me what the **** yo" then he kept sayin i had to go so i started makin my way back to the Eyabay drum.. then that mofo was all tryna be fast and **** tryna grab me by then he already called for some back up and ****, that cunt grabbed my arm and left some big *** bruise on it, so anyway i was back at the drum and i was like whoa whoa... lets try and work out a peaceful resolution and then that guy goes on his walkie talkie and starts callin for the cops ... by now theres 8 guards around me and and i was walking up stairs.. to leave .. so i kept on talking to try and get these mofos to let me back in cuz it was about 1 more drum away from singin a contest song and if i was able to sing that i would just leave... so this being my first time and all to GON was quite a awful experience when the secruity took my right to sing away i felt i let down the people becuz i pray for everyone and **** and when im at the drum its like i think my prayers are heard the most so they took that right away from me.. its bad enough they dont' let people record but when they start treating singers like this where would pow wow be dancers need to dance to somthing and the singers make that music for them .. anyways i was outside by now and then the cops was there so they was trying to rip off that green wrist band off of me then this one guard whips out this shank "knife" bout 7 inches long so i'm scared *** **** cuz he was already coming at me with the knife and havin a cuttin motion and the cops there were no help just typical cops all eatin they burgers and fries so they didnt' say anything so im like **** that so i rip off the wrist band myself by now im all chillen outside GON for about 4 hours .. so i waited till night time when it got all busy and **** so i snuck in during grand entry changed up took off my glasses and ****.. i was pretty dissapointed with the treatment and those are facts where i can sue GON and i got that bruise on camera and video cam and several witnesses but i don't want to take that route just lettin people to know theres no need to take a violent action and...

LADIES IM SINGLE SO HIT ME UP :P lmfao gonna be in standford then crow so hit me up

bammer_2@hotmail.com // rick_styles58 "yahoo id"

Old 05-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #89
Junior Dancer

tradishjingle is a jewel in the rough
what you went through was terrible. it was uncalled for. when they found out you were a singer they should of let it be. i was sitting behind the drums and i saw how security was doing there job. sometimes they would be able to get people to leave the drum area and sometimes they couldn't and they let them be.

to use a knife to cut your wrist band off, that is really barbaric.

i am sorry you had this experience.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:43 PM   #90
PowWows.com Addicts

~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
*LMAO* @ Bammer!!!! That was too funny he got the boot outta the pit! *LMAO*

Thanks for your blessing guys! :D

"Good Better Best Never Let It Rest Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best" :D
Old 05-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #91
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
OMG!! that's messed up!! i'd sue GON for their treatment of you!! what the fak!! what the hell was that dude doing with a 7 inch blade anyways?!? Geez GON is gettin too controllin' - pretty soon it's gonna be "here wear these blindfolds and ear plugs and we'll tell you what you can see and when you can it hear at our event!!" but first give us $25 first....
Old 05-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #92
Tiny Tot Dancer

powwowpro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjy
hey, since we're on the subject.....what was going on with
those men's fancy feather dancers and the arena director,
(his name escapes me?) on saturday night? thought they were arguing???
That wuz a fancy dancer with a rep for cryin around when he don't place and when someone looks at him crosseyed. his daddy fights all his battle sfor him too. he got into with Randy Medicine bear in line after contest. that guy used to like ot come on here and brag himself up, but i think he sticks to ndndsports now.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #93
Tiny Tot Dancer

powwowpro is an unknown quantity at this point
I forgot to add that his daddyz alwayz callin someone after a powwow that sonny doesn't win at. the powwow commitee, head staff, anyone who will listen i s'pose.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #94
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
*hurries and changes the subject*

werent they supposed to do a special for Mr Roy Track? friday night with the boyz and eyabay would have been a good time for an honor song and maybe a whistle..
i know they announced it sat night but did they forget.. ran outta time... or did i miss it..?

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #95
Junior Dancer

Veon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 395.28
Drama, drama and more drama. wow!

I just thought it was stupid and disrespectful for the crowd to start doing the wave. Why would you want to do the wave? Because the "show" is boring....and maybe you need some excitement? It didn't make sense. Couldn't figure that one out.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #96
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tigerlily is on a distinguished road
OMG - I was LAFFING my butt off when the wave started. Sure it was wrong and what not- but it was sooooo damn funny and I couldnt help it cuz it lasted the whole song and everyone clapped and cheered when the singing was over. I was telling someone who wasnt there about that and busted out laffing even harder explaining it. Being on MIW committee I know better but I'm not perfect.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #97
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy
werent they supposed to do a special for Mr Roy Track? friday night with the boyz and eyabay would have been a good time for an honor song and maybe a whistle..
i know they announced it sat night but did they forget.. ran outta time... or did i miss it..?
they did the special for him
Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #98
Tiny Tot Dancer

biggulp is an unknown quantity at this point
what did he say????

WTF did this guy just say? Why do these guys try to talk all gangsta now? Is it rezbonics or something? Learn to talk people! lol my .02 worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49in_ndn
this came from ndnsports...

Posted 5/3/2005 1:07 AM (#83510)
Subject: the guy who got kicked at GON was me

allright for all you die hards makin up **** and everything lol :pi heard lots of diffrent variations and people all acting like they know but this is what happened

i was all chillen at the drum then i heard the boyz was about to sing so i went up to go and watch them. since my homie was singing with them so i worked my way up to the seats and **** i was overlookin them then this big *** mofo started to yell at me for watching them sing so i was like "dont' ****in yell at me what the **** yo" then he kept sayin i had to go so i started makin my way back to the Eyabay drum.. then that mofo was all tryna be fast and **** tryna grab me by then he already called for some back up and ****, that cunt grabbed my arm and left some big *** bruise on it, so anyway i was back at the drum and i was like whoa whoa... lets try and work out a peaceful resolution and then that guy goes on his walkie talkie and starts callin for the cops ... by now theres 8 guards around me and and i was walking up stairs.. to leave .. so i kept on talking to try and get these mofos to let me back in cuz it was about 1 more drum away from singin a contest song and if i was able to sing that i would just leave... so this being my first time and all to GON was quite a awful experience when the secruity took my right to sing away i felt i let down the people becuz i pray for everyone and **** and when im at the drum its like i think my prayers are heard the most so they took that right away from me.. its bad enough they dont' let people record but when they start treating singers like this where would pow wow be dancers need to dance to somthing and the singers make that music for them .. anyways i was outside by now and then the cops was there so they was trying to rip off that green wrist band off of me then this one guard whips out this shank "knife" bout 7 inches long so i'm scared *** **** cuz he was already coming at me with the knife and havin a cuttin motion and the cops there were no help just typical cops all eatin they burgers and fries so they didnt' say anything so im like **** that so i rip off the wrist band myself by now im all chillen outside GON for about 4 hours .. so i waited till night time when it got all busy and **** so i snuck in during grand entry changed up took off my glasses and ****.. i was pretty dissapointed with the treatment and those are facts where i can sue GON and i got that bruise on camera and video cam and several witnesses but i don't want to take that route just lettin people to know theres no need to take a violent action and...

LADIES IM SINGLE SO HIT ME UP :P lmfao gonna be in standford then crow so hit me up

bammer_2@hotmail.com // rick_styles58 "yahoo id"
Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #99
Junior Dancer

contemptradish is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew
I thought it was disrespectul for the crowd to boo during the special Grass Dance contest. I think DG still has the moves for his age. JNA is a good dancer but he's got some wild moves that are a bit much for me.
I agree with you there. First off, I think people were booing b/c they wanted Rusty to get farther ahead. And at least Darrell backed out of the contest, as he should for over stepping. Even if he overstepped, I still think he's a better dancer than JNA. Whenever the drum starts, Darrell starts dancing. When Julius hears the drum, he walks around like he's on Dance Theater, searching for a vision or something, and then busts out some club style moves. I think there's a difference between being innovative and doing moves that you've never seen anywhere else. Sometimes there are reasons people don't do those other moves.

Maybe I'm just into the old style dancing more than the contemporary...
Old 05-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #100
MM! MMM!! BEE-YATCH!!!

ABdrum has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 30.00
Eyabay singer escorted out.

I just recieved this from the Event Staff at G.O.N. and I think what he wrote is uncalled for. Especially about "singers/dancers are not above everyone when it comes to participating in powwows." but here is what I recieved from them. See what you think about it:

Name: Event Staff
Email: real_ndn@yahoo.com
HomePage: http://
Where are
you from: Albuquerque
Comments: Get your fact straight. The Eyabay singer was completely out of line as he disrespected elders, children, drums, and you with his behavior. A singer from your drum was also repeatedly warned for his childish behavior as well and I did speak to a rep from your drum about him too. Singers/dancers are not above anyone when it comes to participating in pow-wows. Trust me in working the Gathering for a number of years I've seen way better drums than yours. You have potential but it needs to be cleaned up. It's a right that comes from being earned. By you bad mouthing the very people who took care of you shows the amount of respect you were brought up in. No one said you can't record anything "from your seats". Following drums and getting in the way of elders and stepping on children and be disrespectful about it is where you have the problem. In any event I do wish you luck and know that in Indian Country it's always good to wish nothing but good things towards one another.

I feel that things should've been handled a different way and dancers/ singers are why people go to powwows across the states. Not once did I see elders, children or drum groups being disrespected by anyone other than the Event Staff.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread