Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk First Powwow of the Year 2005! First Powwow of the Year 2005!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lovlie1 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question First Powwow of the Year 2005!

Ok everybody name the first powwwow you hope or already know that you will be attending in 2005.

As for myself I do belive I will be going is the 1st Annual Tennessee American Indian Feast & Pow Wow in Shelbyville, TN. jan 14-16 2005.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
that same weekend I THINK is the bearspaw p/w up in canada .. JCs stomping ground .. wanna go SO bad but ... dunno if its possible .. we'll see :p

alls i know is that theres bad azz drums and dancers :D
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
SNAGNOMETRY 101

1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute
heard about that one, might come check it out... I think that Hoyt Kansas powwow is going on, plus Bearspaw; but i noticed that this powwow had some purty good head staff and prize money, so it might pull a few people too
1badazzndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #4
~Hón-wungwa~

Grizzly is a jewel in the rough
Arrow First Powwow of the Year 2005!

I think one of the first powwows in 2005 for me will be... ummm... 2005 Red Paint Pow Wow. 01/08/05 & 01/09/05. :)

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pw_...p?eventid=2752
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Senior Dancer

debbieyd is a name known to all
Post $$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badazzndn
heard about that one, might come check it out... I think that Hoyt Kansas powwow is going on, plus Bearspaw; but i noticed that this powwow had some purty good head staff and prize money, so it might pull a few people too
:25: I guess $$ pulls in the people instead of just community gathering, it says that most of our "name brand dancers/singers go for the "big Bucks" hummm it seems we are getting too commercialized/civilized!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #6
SNAGNOMETRY 101

1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieyd
:25: I guess $$ pulls in the people instead of just community gathering, it says that most of our "name brand dancers/singers go for the "big Bucks" hummm it seems we are getting too commercialized/civilized!
lets be honest here, prize money does pull dancers and singers, however i think youre wrong in saying that most of them simply go for the benjaminz. We go because we love to powwow, we love the glory, the seeing of old friends and meeting new ones, we love to dance, sing, against and with our peers and family, and we love our tradition; and if we can get some money out of it to go to the next one, pay a few bills, buy some supplies for our outfit, then its a bonus.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #7
Kili!

Wojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovlie1
Ok everybody name the first powwwow you hope or already know that you will be attending in 2005.

As for myself I do belive I will be going is the 1st Annual Tennessee American Indian Feast & Pow Wow in Shelbyville, TN. jan 14-16 2005.
This pow wow has been cancelled. Check out their website for more on this:
http://tennesseewinterfestpowwow.gem-of-r.com/
Old 11-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #8
SNAGNOMETRY 101

dang i was gettin all worked up for nothin! The website said that there were "un-forseen circumstances" that caused the powwow to be cancelled. Wonder what they are!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 PM   #9
Junior Dancer

lovlie1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerdad
This pow wow has been cancelled. Check out their website for more on this:
http://tennesseewinterfestpowwow.gem-of-r.com/

DAB NABIT, jeeze jus when I was getting all worked up. Well thanx for the heads up Singerdad!

Now I have to think of something else 2 do! Oh well more time to work on my regalia.