Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Gateway to Nations June 17-19th, Brooklyn, NY Gateway to Nations June 17-19th, Brooklyn, NY

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #81
UNBELIEVEABLE!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
why do people always think this powwow is rigged??...not taking sides...jus wondering...i've seen taani defend herself more then once on judging issues...

i did however come home with a pair of bad asz bone earrings! lol...n had the best damn navajo taco ever!!

wannabeUrNo1Snag....Do YOU think it's rigged?

sarcasticly speaking.....it's kinda hard to rig powwow with open books!

Last edited by taani; 06-23-2005 at 11:47 AM..
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #82
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
geeeeeeez...
i jus went to see some dancing n hang out...if i thought it wuz rigged i would have made mention of it...i don't go to powwows to see who places...but newayz...

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #83
Pow Wow Visitor

eagletail23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 180.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanku Dai Warrior
Okay.....Raoule is 1/4 blackfeet, 1/4 Seminole & 1/4 Creek & African American. There are other mixed Indians out there as well but they are not called Black Indians. Because he is a child let's give him the same respect. He is an Indian and has been dancing since he could walk too. He is happy with his win of 3rd place. Thank you for the compliment that you think he should have placed higher.

Last edited by eagletail23; 06-24-2005 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: I was agreeing with the comment
eagletail23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2005, 10:32 PM   #84
Hola!

kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,660.82
hey now eagletail, i don't think that's right! Kanku Dai Warrior is being really respectful and she is right he's a child and he doesn't deserve any disrespect.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #85
Lavender Hill Mobb

CloudN9ne is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 430.00
Red face

Rigging a powwow with open books thats hella easy!!! you can't fool a man that knows what a fool is...... picking judges that you know that would pick your friends, picking the same judges each time for a contest!!!!! Like the Chicken Special Friends Pick Friends!!! Noone on the east coast really knows what the chicken dance is..........or where it comes from!!! I really thought that those 2 dancers shoulda got in there not just some dude who just kicks his legs around and moves his shoulders........

don't get mad at me im just a critic
CloudN9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #86
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Way too much drama for such a small powwow.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #87
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudN9ne
Rigging a powwow with open books thats hella easy!!! you can't fool a man that knows what a fool is...... picking judges that you know that would pick your friends, picking the same judges each time for a contest!!!!! Like the Chicken Special Friends Pick Friends!!! Noone on the east coast really knows what the chicken dance is..........or where it comes from!!! I really thought that those 2 dancers shoulda got in there not just some dude who just kicks his legs around and moves his shoulders........
Man, I'm just holding my tongue so dang hard right now! Obviously you don't know me at all....In fact, I don't know you either (hopefully we can keep it that way!)...but anywayz, I didn't pick the same judges for the same contest. If I picked one on Saturday for a certain contest I didn't use them again on Sunday for the same contest. Just so you know a few of my friends and one very good one (like my sister) didn't even place, so I don't know what you're talking about. As I told someone else b4, if you weren't picked for judging it probably was because you were outta sight (outta mind).

As for you stating that no one on the east coast knows what the chicken dance is...you're being very general and unfair. Don't even dare to start east coast/west coast crap. If you already knew who was gonna place in that special maybe you shouldn't have entered. And there's no need to be hatin' on the winner. You sound too much like a sore loser to me. And how were you able to watch the other guys dance when you're dancing too?

Now if you feel that even with open books the powwow was rigged then WHY DID YOU EVEN CHECK YOUR POINTS!!?!?!??! What's the point for you then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii Way
too much drama for such a small powwow.
There's ALWAYS someone about something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
geeeeeeez...
i jus went to see some dancing n hang out...if i thought it wuz rigged i would have made mention of it...i don't go to powwows to see who places...but newayz...
I just wanted your opinion on it....i wasn't yelling
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 11:50 AM   #88
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
It cracks me up when ndns move to the EAST COAST from whatever rez they're from, come to the powwows & automatically EXPECT to win! Yeah, the powwows out here might be a lil different than other rez powwows, but dont discredit the dancers because of location.....there are A LOT of ndns as well as dancers who know their dance styles, what to look for & how to judge.

Losing sux bro, but suck it up & keep dancing......if you're only about the win it shows, but if you dance for the love of dancing, thats what makes you a winner!
Old 06-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #89
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose
dont discredit the dancers because of location.....there are A LOT of ndns as well as dancers who know their dance styles, what to look for & how to judge.
***AMEN***
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 PM   #90
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
I second that AMEN!!!

Like I said before - to put on a pow-wow anywhere takes so much work - to do this in Brooklyn is a feat - I think Taani has always been fair and hey, she is open to even discuss this with anyone online....HELLLOOOOOO people....how much fairer can she be, for goodness sake?????

Just goes to show that - and Taani knows this - you just can't satisfy everyone.

There was talk about the sites there - man - one year, there was this woman walking around with underwear on her head and making farting noises with her mouth - for realzzzz.... Now that was some funny stuff....

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #91
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
You girls (Tanni, Buckin, Bushy) are right on time. You are right lots of people come out here and assume we are going to be gratified by their presence and that noone out here can dance. I guess they are so shocked that they have to say something!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #92
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNQt
You girls (Tanni, Buckin, Bushy) are right on time. You are right lots of people come out here and assume we are going to be gratified by their presence and that noone out here can dance. I guess they are so shocked that they have to say something!!!
or come out and show us east coasters how it's REALLY done.... puhhhhhhhhhhlease! *rolls eyes!*
Old 06-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #93
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
Way too much drama for such a small powwow.
<---- that guy with the sticks in the middle of the circle ...
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #94
Hola!

kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,660.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenewa
<---- that guy with the sticks in the middle of the circle ...

Too bad i wasn't sittin down, i so would've taken a picture. I do have a picture of the peacock feather woman though, lol