PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Talk (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/)
-   -   Gon 2010 (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/gon-2010-a-55753/)

injunboy 03-19-2010 01:23 PM

Gon 2010

okay ill do itt! since nobody wants to start it this yr!! haha

im in for the big show comin up in jus over thirty days.. one thing that keeps me comin back is all the dancers and drums that continue to show up every year.

this year they say is gonna be held outdoors and who knows how thats goin to affect things. the stadium i imagine is still goin to be packed up and thats part is gonna make it special cause its never been outdoors?? and not sure if a pw this big has been attempted outdoors but! we all been to stadiums before haha.

i think the sound will be better and certainly alot more room to grand entry.. u would imagine? anyways alot of questions huh?

comments?

50cal 03-20-2010 10:54 AM

I'll be there.....all expenses paid trip...hotel, tickets, food and transportation.....hellz yeah!!!

Chevy_truckin_NDN 03-20-2010 10:43 PM

planning on going, what are the dates though?

LaughingWaterWI 03-20-2010 11:02 PM

What is he talking about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN (Post 1394611)

Not refering to you Chevy but the post before you????
What the heck happend to pow ows its like dead the boards are like dead,,,,hmmm I realize I havnt been here in awhile but my father passed away so I needed the time need to talk to someone in regrds to something rather important

injunboy 03-22-2010 09:23 PM

one cool thing i like about GON is if you rock the house it seems like you come back as an invited drum. a few years back Yellowface jammed it while singing songs for a special annd tada! invited drum the following year. i guess the list could go on but i remember TBZ gettin the nod one year, and last year Headstone sang the very last intertribal and it ended up being my fav song i recorded. Hola and last year MNX put together alot of nice tunes. both were invited back from what i see. i dont know exactly how it works but i can put one and one together.. you know what i mean?

injunboy 03-22-2010 09:29 PM

"The Pit" has been pretty busy here lately, UNM had a super season in basketball and coming up will hosting Ty Murrays PBR invitationial. so its not like its totally shut down lol, but the outdoor thing is gonna be alittle treat *i think* so whos in?

injunboy 03-22-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50cal (Post 1394553)
I'll be there.....all expenses paid trip...hotel, tickets, food and transportation.....hellz yeah!!!

dang bro! i dont even wanna know how u did it. jks. its prolly illegal anyways lol

injunboy 03-22-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN (Post 1394611)

its the last wkend in April, hope that helps

50cal 03-23-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by injunboy (Post 1395033)
one cool thing i like about GON is if you rock the house it seems like you come back as an invited drum. a few years back Yellowface jammed it while singing songs for a special annd tada! invited drum the following year. i guess the list could go on but i remember TBZ gettin the nod one year, and last year Headstone sang the very last intertribal and it ended up being my fav song i recorded. Hola and last year MNX put together alot of nice tunes. both were invited back from what i see. i dont know exactly how it works but i can put one and one together.. you know what i mean?

I like Yellowface and I heard that intertribal from Headstone....very nice....first time I heard them but it was a pretty cool jam.....Dude, yeah you don't want to nkow I pulled that off, but surprisingly it's not that illegal according to Maricopa Sheriffs Dept, Coconino Sheriffs and Navajo County Sheriffs......LMFAO!!!!......would list the Navajo Nation PD, but everything is legal with those guys.....

ac_miss 03-23-2010 01:40 PM

I'm so there!!! Was gonna fly-in, but decided not to because the expenses can sure add up. We decided to drive, so hopefully it'll be a good one. ABQ's weather can change quickly, so I'm not sure what to expect being outside. I've only been to the football stadium at least 2 times, so it should be nice not to be packed like sardines in there.

I was wondering if we could bring our own chairs though? Hmmm....I tried asking Melonie Matthews via facebook but I haven't gotten an answer. Probably not.

As a former resident of Albuquerque, I'm soooo looking forward to eating a lotaburger though. Oh, the withdrawals! LOL.

cris_neva 03-23-2010 06:26 PM

Hmmm...thinking about going?? I gots some old Haskell friends I'd like to see and of course my fam. Plus the hubs wants to go...think we might...think we might brings moms too so she can watch baby for us.

redcap 03-24-2010 12:03 AM

So whats the deal with UNM stadium? Is there going to be any shade at all available to dancers and their families? Are we supposed to sit in the sun or rain all day since we cannot have canopies? Anybody know?

buckskin pantyhose 03-24-2010 10:19 AM

man, we're gonna miss out this year, haven't missed a GON in at least 10 yrs...but i REALLY wanna see Tony Tsatoke's special! You know i'll be stuck to the live webcast. I want to see what the ladies bring out for their old time buckskins, it's gonna be beautiful, i know it!!

Only thing i'd worry about if i was going this year would be the wind....ABQ gets crazy winds during this time and since the stadium is kinda on that hill imagine all that dirt getting blown around....yikes!

should be a good experience tho, more room, the fact that there will be more space will make a huge difference. I think the only thing it will lose is the intimidation factor....i dunno about you, but when i was down there on the floor getting ready for our 1st contest song to start it was bananas standing there in that crowded place, all eyes on you...wooooh! was shakin' in my leggins!! LOL!

have fun & travel safe...i'll be there in 2011

ok24stacey 03-24-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose (Post 1395199)
man, we're gonna miss out this year, haven't missed a GON in at least 10 yrs...but i REALLY wanna see Tony Tsatoke's special! You know i'll be stuck to the live webcast. I want to see what the ladies bring out for their old time buckskins, it's gonna be beautiful, i know it!!

Only thing i'd worry about if i was going this year would be the wind....ABQ gets crazy winds during this time and since the stadium is kinda on that hill imagine all that dirt getting blown around....yikes!

should be a good experience tho, more room, the fact that there will be more space will make a huge difference. I think the only thing it will lose is the intimidation factor....i dunno about you, but when i was down there on the floor getting ready for our 1st contest song to start it was bananas standing there in that crowded place, all eyes on you...wooooh! was shakin' in my leggins!! LOL!

Hey woman! I saw your baby news on another post. Congrats!! Hope you are resting up now. hehehe :hypocrite

We are not gonna make GON either. :frown: Just got back to work from being off for 6 weeks so my leave is all gone. I didn't know about having baby out in the NM elements, tho. You never know what the weather is gonna be like.

injunboy 03-25-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose (Post 1395199)

oh yeah that special is going to be one to see for sure. i bet some nice songs come outta that one too

injunboy 03-25-2010 09:17 PM

btw i recommend that new holiday inn express south of the The Pit. way nice place and the morning bkfast is pretty good

50cal 03-26-2010 12:33 PM

My buddy who got my room for me got a heck of a bargain at the Hilton Garden Inn....75 bucks a night.....so I got it for 3 nights......ahem.....in case you know some one needs a bed.....oh theres only one bed......LOL!!!...jk!!!!!............watch a bunch of dudes try to take me up on this.....LMFAO!!!......NO means NO!!!!......LOL!!!

injunboy 03-26-2010 01:06 PM

too funney bro, well even though that sounds tempting ayes i think ill pass on that one jks.

Toni Tsatoke is soo pretty huh? id also like to know some of the backstories to the outfits in the special. theres gonna be some museum quality pieces out there huh?

ac_miss 03-26-2010 01:14 PM

ROFLMAO....a bunch of dudes. Ewww....

And that's a really good deal on rooms from the Hilton chain. I love staying at Hampton or Garden inn. Awesome!

injunboy 03-26-2010 01:29 PM

dont lie, its prolly ur fantasy! ahaha jus kidding

me and the gurl ate at Lotaburger jus last wk, i had a double with the new mexico green chili and cheese. it was delish!