Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Gon 2010 Gon 2010

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
kitozudoto

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
Savings: 0.00
ABQ has some of the nicest mexican places to eat. if u come from, hmm? lets say Canada, Michigan or heck the east coast its something you should do while ur here.

for starters there is alot of nice places to eat. here are some recommendations to get started. El Pinto on 4th street, El Pinto Restaurant & Salsas and theres Sadies also on 4th Street. Las Cuates on Menaul.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #22
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy View Post
ABQ has some of the nicest mexican places to eat.

for starters there is alot of nice places to eat. here are some recommendations to get started. El Pinto on 4th street, El Pinto Restaurant & Salsas and theres Sadies also on 4th Street. Las Cuates on Menaul.

Dang injun. Those are the exact same places I would recommend. I would also recommend Garcias on Central. For locals, M & J Sanitary Tortilla Factory on 2nd street has EXCELLENT takeout at very reasonable prices. A run to the "tortilla factory" can feed a whole drum group and family on a budget! Best of all, it is only minutes from the pit!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
yumm sadies has tender beef tips bathed in NM red chili.. hard to explain but its soo flippen awesome

last yr i was at the pw and in the our own chat room at the same time. that was pretty fun. the chat folks were funney and having a good time while the people around me seemed to be just staring haha, we shall see what happens this yr. really if u cant make it make sure u check out the webcast and have fun there k?

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #24
kitozudoto

i dont really know what to compare the gourd dance to i just know every year we have the nicest singers and a couple hundred dancers. it varies numberwise but there is always a good turnout at every session. it really is a nice part of GON to sit back and see comradre and hear some of the nicest songs. even though theres more than one session and it takes up a bit of time it doesnt get the airtime like the pw, stage 49, specials etc. so ill just kinda invite some of the gourd dancers who may not know to join us. thx

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #25
kitozudoto

i guess theres some misconceptions about how the pw goes. ive heard some over the years and dont really know what to say. i never been in those positions to notice or whatever.

my fav is powwows are evil and theres alot of evil people there haha.

one thing that kinda irked me is they make old people walk along way and they can only sit in certain places..

old style dancers dont have a chance

i guess theres exceptions to everything and since im not affiliated with GON i cant explain away everything they heard, what they should do or what the real biz is. but theres alot of lip service out there that kinda get in the way of people attending.

if you just enjoy nice songs, outfits and dancing its a nice place to be

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,509.71
Savings: 1.00
My family loves going to Garcia's on Central. I like going to Little Anita's on University. Their stuffed sopapillas are good!

Gah, all this talk of NM food is making me hungry. And someone had to mention Lotaburger again. Danngit! LOL
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #27
kitozudoto

yum Monroes New Mexico Chili is soo hot

and Casa De Hermanas up near alameda and 4th Street also has a nice stuffed sopa.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #28
kitozudoto

Even if just the invited drums showed up it would still be jammin

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #29
kitozudoto

there is 27 miss indian world contestants this year and im not sure but i think that is some kinda record. is it?

i totally could not be a judge because im partial to the pretty navajos *L* and ojibwe contestants. seriouly though GON has selected some outstanding MIW's. its really nice to see them continue on and be even more successful.

its always entertaining to see what the outgoing is gonna do for her presentation and farewell. some have been fantastic and quite entertaining. this year Brooke Grant is Hoopa and we shall see what Hoopa is all about.

good luck to all the contestants

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 03-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #30
kitozudoto

last yr comedians James and Ernie showed up Sat night on Stage 49 and killed it! was standing room only so get there early

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
kitozudoto

the big rodeo, Fiesta de something, that wkend got scrubbed so i imagine GON will pick up the regulars from over there.

i like the brainy people who makeup a conference in ABQ right about that time lol free travel and hotel on somebody elses dime.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #32
kitozudoto

alot of business gets done at GON. jus sit somewhere and youll see drum group members offering the latest powwow or round dance cd. i for one always buy cause the trip home is lonng and the cds are usually pretty good. also it helps with money for their trip home and all around its a win win.

& many times the cds are brand spankin new never before offered. i like that part. im sure Northern Crees new one will sell alot there. i have no idea who else will be sellin fresh cds there but its good business.

and pw committees are usually on the prowl. lol to see whos jammin for hostin duties and invites.

as for myself i enjoyed Poundmaker when they came down and bought a cd from them. i totally never knew about them and i still enjoy that cd today.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #33
kitozudoto

were gettin the commercial feeds here for GON. one has a recorded group jammin but i have no idea who that is. so the gurl is like whos singing? ahh its this one drum group from canada.. i cant remember their name right now lol

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #34
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,509.71
Savings: 1.00
Less than 3 weeks to go! I've been a mad beader lately, but that's okay. LOL

Hope you're all getting your beadwork and outfits ready in time for the pow wow.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #35
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
yeh time for lotta burger..a/c jk...luv little anita's..gotta check out some of those other places too...love the green chili..nm food has got to be the best..maybe this time I will get to chat n be at the pw..too..injun..better wear something bright.jk..we kept telling 50 that too but he didn't want to...

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #36
kitozudoto

ahh hell ill give ya my number and we can hit up ABQ lol

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #37
kitozudoto

if for some reason u collect pw flyers then bring a sack lol cause theyll be in full force handing them out from all over the US and Canada

yeah some of them actually look pretty nice

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
Leg Wrestling Champ!

rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 276.50
<<<---Will be there.....
DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME
rkbtmeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #39
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy View Post
ahh hell ill give ya my number and we can hit up ABQ lol
o kewl so I get to stalk you...lol..yeh jus um give me your number or pm...do some text stalking lmao..

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #40
kitozudoto

yep will do LW

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Sponsored Links