Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Gon 2010 Gon 2010

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 AM   #141
Happy Beading Woman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,509.71
Savings: 1.00
I liked it outside because we weren't squished like we would in the Pit, but the weather was a bit daunting. I guess it would be a toss-up for me. I just wished the Pit was going to be bigger, but I hear otherwise.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #142
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Ihad a great time there... the Hotel was awesome, got to swim a few laps in thepool Friday and Saturday morning.....went to the Zoo Friday afternoon, then to the powwow in the evening...weather was a little chilly, but not that bad...didn't like the fact that arena was in the middle of nowhere, should have brought binoculars...ah well....didn't pay for parking at all, the Hotel we stayed at provided shuttle service to and from the powwow....we got dropped off and picked up right in front so that was cool....we took food and only paid for a bruger once while we were in there....the same indian security guy tried to talk some smack saturday evening to me, I swear that dude is gonna get his butt whipped one day....I held my own and after talking to the main security guy about the situation, i was good to go, told that dude to F off and get a damn life and a real job....LOL!!!....anyway, my trip was fun and am now looking forward to next year......

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Last edited by 50cal; 04-28-2010 at 11:26 AM..
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #143
2 Ndn tacos, 2 go, please

chipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant futurechipster has a brilliant future
Credits: 3,568.89
Savings: 0.00
If I remember correctly, for Toni's special--the winners were 1st--Carmen Clairmont & 2nd--Alva Fiddler.

The head girl dance special--the 1st place winner was Morning Star Roberts, didn't see the head boy special.

Novi's special--the 5 finalists, not actually winners. I know Nathan Largo got in, I think maybe Keith Tacan & AC No Braid, if anyone else can help out & can remember.

Last edited by chipster; 04-28-2010 at 01:51 PM..
chipster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #144
Junior Dancer

southern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to beholdsouthern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 456.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_miss View Post
I liked it outside because we weren't squished like we would in the Pit, but the weather was a bit daunting. I guess it would be a toss-up for me. I just wished the Pit was going to be bigger, but I hear otherwise.
yea not being squished and not having to smell 30k+ natives is the best part ;) The top seating at the pit (mezzanine seating) or (ledge seating) has been turned into skybox seating so there goes all that seating, but i heard they added more stairs ;) ha ha jk
Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #145
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
well first of all thx to everybody that came to the pw. big thx to Paul G for webcasting the powwow for the people that couldnt make it. its crzy one of the things i missed when i was with the marines in the middle east was GON and im glad the marines had a 'reasonable chance' of viewing it *L* i can jus remember sitting there jammin to myself and picturing dancers dancing lol,

thx to the staff and their specials i enjoyed the mighty fine outfits and moves. thx also to the drums that sang some verry nice songs. i super enjoy a good song and dance and it was all i could have asked for.

i really enjoyed listening to MNX jam some songs. thx for coming out and doing that for all of us. congratulations on the win and see ya guys somewhere again.

and to my new favorite drum group Poundmaker, cool tunes all around.

yep and thx to the GON people for that hella nice round of intertribals saturday night. i jammed my recorder all the way back lol

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #146
Steelers Fan

lisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond reputelisak has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 55.00
Quote:
The floor & seating are the same except for the sky box seating but the top part (walk area) was expanded, new bathrooms and concessions. There is much more room to walk around - was able to check it out during the state basketball tournament.

I agree with you it's a toss up for me as well, I really enjoyed the pow wow outside.
lisak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #147
Junior Dancer

southern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to beholdsouthern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 456.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak View Post
I agree with you it's a toss up for me as well, I really enjoyed the pow wow outside.
the outside GON could have been great if it was thought over a little better, rather then hey lets see up dead center on some platforms. i think a couple of tweaks and it would have been amazing oh well its done with.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #148
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
I went for about an hour Saturday night to watch my kids dance. I didnt mind the outside so much as how the arena was placed? They could have placed it back against the opposite side since they put it in the middle of the field that way you could attempt to see the pow wow from the side, not just the front?
I did like the spacing with the vendors, lotsa food vendors too. I enjoyed having room to move around, its just the arena was placed awkwardly and it was so far away. I realize they had to use part of the field, etc...too bad it wasnt like nabi last year where they used a part of that spacing but gave you access as well as placing it to where you could enjoy the pow wow? it was still a good pow wow, alot of good dancing and good singing.
I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #149
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
"i think" they been reading here, because Garcias mexican restaurants brought out a big ole tent and Lotaburger brought out a tent and a truck. coincidence maybe? we should start wishing early for next year lol

one cool thing was President Obamas video message he sent to GON. cool stuff man.

and how pretty was the now former Miss Indian World Brooke Grant. i stuck it out Friday night to see her perform on Stage49 and seen her extended performance. it was fascinating to hear her uncle tell stories and then they all shared some songs. Brooke has a very nice singin voice too. shes basically this super woman lol. oh well jus thought id share that part

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #150
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy View Post
"i think" they been reading here, because Garcias mexican restaurants brought out a big ole tent and Lotaburger brought out a tent and a truck. coincidence maybe? we should start wishing early for next year lol

one cool thing was President Obamas video message he sent to GON. cool stuff man.

and how pretty was the now former Miss Indian World Brooke Grant. i stuck it out Friday night to see her perform on Stage49 and seen her extended performance. it was fascinating to hear her uncle tell stories and then they all shared some songs. Brooke has a very nice singin voice too. shes basically this super woman lol. oh well jus thought id share that part
You mean this one?

Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #151
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
yeh but lotta burgers didn't offer the fries as part of the combo....I think I recruited 3 more people who love lb's now...hahaha...and went to Anita's maybe they will set up next year...hahaha
someone could've offered a buffet...lol....

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #152
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,509.71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota_winyan View Post
yeh but lotta burgers didn't offer the fries as part of the combo....I think I recruited 3 more people who love lb's now...hahaha...and went to Anita's maybe they will set up next year...hahaha
someone could've offered a buffet...lol....
LOL. Anita's for sure!!!

Gawd, loved the stuffed sopapilla's there. I didn't want to leave. Went to the flea market on Sunday before we left. Smelled all that roasted green chili but I couldn't bring any back with me. It would have smelled all the way home. LOL
Old 04-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #153
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL. Anita's for sure!!!

Gawd, loved the stuffed sopapilla's there. I didn't want to leave. Went to the flea market on Sunday before we left. Smelled all that roasted green chili but I couldn't bring any back with me. It would have smelled all the way home. LOL
yeh went to the flea market too..from about 1230 to 200 pm...didn't wanna leave too...hahaha...probably passed u somewhere...I just didn't want to go all the way down to the main area of the stadium..was looking out for you during tiny tots but too many this time it seemed like...hahaha killer stairs..

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #154
kitozudoto

yes Paul G thx, btw i was walkin around the shopping area and i volunteered *by accident* jk to carry the other drum for ya. actually i didnt know it was u until i put the pieces together.. i didnt wanna be all geeky and jump and down and say its meee! lol anyways

oh man, a mexican buffet at GON!! dang i can jus see the line now lol

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #155
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy View Post
yes Paul G thx, btw i was walkin around the shopping area and i volunteered *by accident* jk to carry the other drum for ya. actually i didnt know it was u until i put the pieces together.. i didnt wanna be all geeky and jump and down and say its meee! lol anyways

oh man, a mexican buffet at GON!! dang i can jus see the line now lol
Thanks for the help!! Little heavier than I thought, but not too bad!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #156
Head Dancer

yup...mexi buffet..or lotta burger buffet..yum yum lol..

Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #157
Pow Wow Visitor

Ah-Ohn-Mah is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
For the Head Lady Dancer Special, there will be photos posted in the Photo Gallery under Gathering of Nations. Eleven finalists were chosen, who received $100 cash and jackets designed by Toni with embroidery. The list is still being compiled, but among the southern finalists were:
Rosie Motah (Comanche/Ponca),
Joneda Sage (Arapaho/Comanche),
Karen Ahhaity (Kiowa/Otoe),
Mabel Cozad (Kiowa),
Cherisse Satepauhoodle (Kiowa/Osage),
Angela Satepauhoodle (Kiowa/Osage),

Among the Northern finalists were:
Alva Fiddler (Lakota),
Orlena Littlesky (Nakota)
Carmen Clairmont (Lakota) who turned out to be the Grand Champion, winning $1200 cash, 5 buck skins, and a jacket with beadwork by Robin Shield (Crow). Congrats to all the winners! It was a beautiful sight!!
Ah-Ohn-Mah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #158
kitozudoto

yes verry nice contest and songs, actually really dig the last song they danced too. the womens outfits were outstanding and i appreciate the wrk they put into it. also didnt they give out a couple of buckskins to the winner.. how cool was that?

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #159
kitozudoto

yes verry nice contest and songs, actually really dig the last song they danced too. the womens outfits were outstanding and i appreciate the wrk they put into it. also didnt they give out a couple of buckskins to the winner.. how cool was that? *all jealous*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #160
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
wasn't the same

well, I got there Saturday afternoon, late. Missed the freezn cold Friday night so I was kewl with watching on pwows.com Thanks for the broadcast!!

Yeah, the parking Sucked! I didn't dance this year, but parked a long ways out and had to pay $10.00 for that! Just went for that session, but still had to pay $20.00 to get in by myself. With my family, it wouldn't been 200.00! pass! Couldn't find a decent seat below and darn it,....forgot my binoculars!....I guess I need to pack those for the rest of my pwow career! lol...luckily had an excellent zoom on my recorder so that worked out. Other than that, I paid to watcht the Big Screen. It was funny when the sprinklers came on in the corner and all the natives jumped up and scattered! Too hilar!!
Didn't get to visit with everyone I had planned to, but it was still good. Didn't get to enjoy the dancers as much being a spectator because our seat felt like a mile away! Security wouldn't let us "spectators" on the floor because we might've disturbed the dancers or stepped on the precious grass! whatever!

I did like it being outside only because you didn't have to smell a Pit full of sweaty ndns in the hot Pit...LOL...the fresh air was nice and it wasn't that cold Saturday night, pretty nice!

Just didn't seem like GON this year, but the music was sounding really good. If you had binoculars, you could've enjoyed the pwow more, but your arms woulda been tired! lol... Enjoyed Anita's and Lotaburgerz too! A must in Albz! lol
Tradancur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links