Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk How did SELLS go? How did SELLS go?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #21
~Hón-wungwa~

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Grizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question ~Sells~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaonseh
SB5 -- what's with the "magic scarf"?
Yeah, Inquiring minds wanna know...
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Techno & 50, Hey what's up guys? Thanks for the compliments! HOKA! 50 hows your boyz doing? See you all @ the next powwow... Any of you going to Flag this weekend? Kinlani Pow-Wow (02/11/05 02/12/05)... Where is this one held at?
I don't know who is all going to be there......from what I heard the guys were driving up to Michigan right now for the POwwow of Love......if Id o go it prolly won't be till at night during the evenings and 'll prolly look for some boys to jump in with or set up with who I got...........we'll see.........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #23
Teen Dancer

MeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond reputeMeezeeKwe has a reputation beyond repute
uh-hum...weather update from a local michigander! safe travels to all of you's who are coming here for the pow wow, theres a little snow on the ground, a little cold in the mid-30's, should be sunny by this weekend, just in time for the pow wow of loooove!
MeezeeKwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #24
PowWows.com Addicts

~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
*LOL* @ some of the things said in here.. yeah, i agree about its about who you know.. and who's judging most of the time. I always thought of these pws as fair.. *So. AZ* but its just turning into all the other ones because of the people who make their way in there. I used to like it that the tribe that hosted the pw was the one in charge.... *shrugs* I'm just saying this because some of the categories were really questionable.. i'm not talkin about mine either! *LOL* Cuz i'm WAYYY outta shape. *L* but some of you know who i'm talkin about and Sam you know what im talkin about!!! *LOL*

"Good Better Best Never Let It Rest Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best" :D
~*~Xammy~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #25
THE ULTIMATE MULTITASKER

oOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 320.00
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Xammy~*~
*LOL* @ some of the things said in here.. yeah, i agree about its about who you know.. and who's judging most of the time. I always thought of these pws as fair.. *So. AZ* but its just turning into all the other ones because of the people who make their way in there. I used to like it that the tribe that hosted the pw was the one in charge.... *shrugs* I'm just saying this because some of the categories were really questionable.. i'm not talkin about mine either! *LOL* Cuz i'm WAYYY outta shape. *L* but some of you know who i'm talkin about and Sam you know what im talkin about!!! *LOL*
Lol...yeah...that was pretty funny. I was all watching my camcorder later that evening! And man, i was just as confused...lol..watching my head as it went up, and hers went down....geez!!
oOoSouthernStyozoOo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #26
Cradleboard Baby

gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
So I'm still waiting to hear about the magic scarf...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #27
Teen Dancer

Silly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to both (Andrew) Windyboys!
Silly_Az_girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #28
Teen Dancer

Silly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOoSouthernStyozoOo
Lol...yeah...that was pretty funny. I was all watching my camcorder later that evening! And man, i was just as confused...lol..watching my head as it went up, and hers went down....geez!!
You did GREAT.. I'm sure everyone that was there noticed, too.
Keep it up!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #29
THE ULTIMATE MULTITASKER

oOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 320.00
Thanks...!
oOoSouthernStyozoOo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 663.88
Unhappy Inquiring minds...

Ok, so with the magic scarf...during saturday night's contest, the dancer of which we speak was carrying a spear and scarf in his right hand and a fan and scarf in the other. On the first set of hard beats he moved the spear to his left hand and waved the scarf around, to the beats. He only did it one other time during that song, but it looked ALOT like a magician doing that old trick where a bird flies out of his scarf. I gotta give it to him for holding onto a spear, scarf and fan in the other hand and not dropping any of it!

I think a really good dancer (like Hawk) doesn't need to rely on so called artistic tricks like this. I'm wondering how far these 'contemporary' traditional dancers will go? It's such an oxymoron to start with but with the painting up, the glitter, all the props-spears, shields, scarves, fans, weapons, etc. it's just funny to watch anymore, which is really sad.
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #31
Cradleboard Baby

gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
I know!!! The face paint is what gets me. Some of them look like they just came outta a KISS concert!!! Umm... hello??? I mean, don't get me wrong, some of them look pretty cool but in the end, I have to admit, I'm more partial to the old-style trad. dancers like Hawk -- just somethin' 'bout keepin' it real...
Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #32
PowWows.com Addicts

~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
*LOL* Yeah, but you must admit some of the steps and dives the contemps do are pretty neat-o. I like it just as long as they don't get too outta hand. I mean some just look like they're all out war out there! *LOL* I'll just leave it as what my bro's say "I guess its weapons night tonight" *LOL*

*LOL@Skybird* YOu are too funny in your description man! *L* But hey... its one of a kind move..

"Good Better Best Never Let It Rest Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best" :D
Old 02-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #33
Cradleboard Baby

LMAO @ "weapons night" ... no joke!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

;) yup! so where to next gaonseh???

Didn't you just enjoy the dust storm and all?? *LOL* I felt sorry for my sister they had to dance in all that.. *L* Especially them! *Teen Trad.* They all had buckskin too!! that was just badd...

Old 02-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #35
Cradleboard Baby

I was lucky enough to miss the dust... didn't make it out to Sells --- went to see my sweetie instead --- next on our list is Laughlin, then Yuma, San Carlos, Denver March, then maybe Wildcat (tucson), then I dunno about April... Tempe for sure (ASU), then maybe Gathering but my other half is saying maybe Montana too... we'll see

YOU????