PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Talk (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/)
-   -   J.R. Joe Memorial (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/j-r-joe-memorial-37665/)

xTekno 02-27-2007 11:04 AM

J.R. Joe Memorial
 
J.R. Joe Memorial Contest Powwow
May 4-5, 2007
Whitehorse High School
Montezuma Creek, UT

Lucille Slim (435)651-3427/578-1281
Kenneth Joe (435)651-3690

Ivypi 03-02-2007 04:58 PM

man that's some serious traveling.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno (Post 893031)
J.R. Joe Memorial Contest Powwow
May 4-5, 2007
Whitehorse High School
Montezuma Creek, UT

Lucille Slim (435)651-3427/578-1281
Kenneth Joe (435)651-3690

From DC....thought it was hte next weekend....hmm...better get to work on those details then...hmmm

xTekno 03-02-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivypi (Post 895713)
From DC....thought it was hte next weekend....hmm...better get to work on those details then...hmmm

In the general area (AZ/UT) border, there is another contest powwow the following weekend:

Indian Creek - May 11-12, 2007 - Red Mesa, AZ

xTekno 03-02-2007 05:53 PM

More info on the J.R. Joe Memorial Contest Powwow:

MC: Rueben Littlehead - Lamedeer, MT
AD: Sonny Standingrock - Rockyboy, MT

Specials

Mens Fancy Memorial Contest
Mens Grass Honor Special
Womens Jingle Special
17 & under Boys Chicken Dance Special
Jr Girls Fancy Special
Jr Boys Fancy Special
Boys and Girls Tiny Tot Special

xTekno 03-02-2007 05:58 PM

Info on the Indian Creek Contest Powwow:

May 11-12, 2007
Red Mesa HS Gym, Red Mesa, AZ

MC: TBA
NH: Indian Creek/Stone Creek
SH: SOZ (Southern Outlawz)
Invited Drum: Ghost Canyon - Fort Hall, ID

Specials
Jr Boys Fancy Dance
All Ages Chicken Dance
Jr Girls Fancy
Iron Woman Fancy
Hand Drum Contest

For more info: Collen SLim (505)406-6338 or [email protected]

xTekno 03-09-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno (Post 895742)
More info on the J.R. Joe Memorial Contest Powwow:

MC: Rueben Littlehead - Lamedeer, MT
AD: Sonny Standingrock - Rockyboy, MT

Specials

Mens Fancy Memorial Contest
Mens Grass Honor Special
Womens Jingle Special
17 & under Boys Chicken Dance Special
Jr Girls Fancy Special
Jr Boys Fancy Special
Boys and Girls Tiny Tot Special

This is the same time as Fancy J's Fancy Fest in Chinle.

There is a connection between these two events and it has something to do with the annual Snow Mountain Powwow.

Do what you can to help support these two families as they move on and do their best to continue on the tradition.

xTekno 03-28-2007 04:05 PM

This is sounding like a good one!

Northern Host: Black Foot Confederacy
Southern Host: Southern Boyz

Kenneth Joe, Jr Memorial

1st- $1,000/quarter horse/bridle and jacket, 2nd-$800/blanket, 3rd $600/blanket, 4th $400, 5th $200 and 5 consolations.

Mens Grass Honor special, Womens Jingle, Teen boys traditional, Jr girls fancy, Jr. boys fancy, and Boys & Girls Tinytot special.

General Admission: $5

Free Camping and Showers available!

This is a Drug and Alcohol and commerical tobacco free event. Sponsors are not responsible for any accidents, thefts or short funded travelers.

xTekno 03-29-2007 06:25 PM

Other upcoming gigs along the Arizona/Utah border area:

J.R. Joe Memorial - May 4-5, 2007 - Montezuma Creek, UT
Indian Creek - May 11-12, 2007 - Red Mesa, AZ
Southern Company - May 25-27, 2007 - Montezuma Creek, UT
18th Annual Utah Navajo Fair - July 28, 2007 - Bluff, UT

RedGrassdancer 04-03-2007 01:24 PM

Drum Contest
 
The drum contest is also pretty good prize money...

1st: $2,000
2nd: $1,500
3rd: $1,000
4th: $500

looks like it's going to be pretty good.:cool:

DopE_GurL05 04-03-2007 03:35 PM

SBZ!..i'm thurr! ;)

bbp 04-03-2007 05:36 PM

!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DopE_GurL05 (Post 911527)
SBZ!..i'm thurr! ;)



COUNT ME IN! IM THER TOO!!

xTekno 05-04-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno (Post 909524)
Other upcoming gigs along the Arizona/Utah border area:

J.R. Joe Memorial - May 4-5, 2007 - Montezuma Creek, UT
Indian Creek - May 11-12, 2007 - Red Mesa, AZ
Southern Company - May 25-27, 2007 - Montezuma Creek, UT
18th Annual Utah Navajo Fair - July 28, 2007 - Bluff, UT

The weekend starts today!

thunderchild_03 05-05-2007 01:08 PM

just wondering how this pow wow is going so far? sounds like a pretty good drum contest. any info?

xTekno 05-05-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderchild_03 (Post 921370)
just wondering how this pow wow is going so far? sounds like a pretty good drum contest. any info?

Yeah, someone fill us in.

The committee never called me back for sound support after I talked with them weeks ago. The committee attempted to call me yesterday, but I was busy and missed the call. No message was left, so I assume that they have everything under control.

Veon 05-06-2007 11:56 AM

Curious...about the results
 
Yeah, someone let us know
how everything went at this
gathering.

It looks like a goot one.


Hey, TT, maybe they needed your services,
maybe they didn't have anyone
for sound support.

What if....?

:regular_s

xTekno 05-06-2007 11:04 PM

They had a month to get a hold of me, not at the last minute.

Mud_Woman 05-07-2007 05:27 PM

The pow wow was originally outside @ the football field. Then it started hailing, blowing, and then snowed a little. Gathering moved into H.S. Gym. Sound system kept going out. As for winner's results, sorry, didnt stay there all night.

kiyaanii mom 05-07-2007 07:11 PM

The only thing I heard was, Spike Draper won the Fancy Dance Special. So someone please update us.....

song_bird_woman 05-08-2007 11:56 AM

JR Joe Memorial P/W
 
No results -huh? How about da head staff did they all show?

Tradish_Mom 05-08-2007 04:41 PM

Heard it was good but....
 
i was sick the entire powwow... blah for me!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC