Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Just want an honest opinion Just want an honest opinion

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 11:04 AM   #41
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00

Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 4

"That is not our way, to set yourself apart and talk about who you are
and what you've done. You let your life speak for you. With the Mohawk people,
wisdom is how you live and how you interpret what your mother and father, what
your grandmothers and grandfathers have told you about this world -
and then how you interpret that into
the fact of living every day." --Tom Porter, MOHAWK

It is said, how you live your life makes so much noise that people can't hear what you are saying anyway.
It is so easy to see people who do not walk the talk.

Creator, I ask you today to help me be humble. Let me spend the day listening. Help me to not brag or gossip.
Help me today not to do those things that seek attention or approval from others. I am only accountable to You, Oh Great Spirit. You will tell me the things I need to know. Let me learn the lessons from my Elders.
Let me teach the children by example. Today, let me walk the talk.

White Bison, inc.
6145 Lehman Drive Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO

E-mail us:

www.whitebison.org
[email protected]
Phone : 719-548-1000
Fax : 719-548-9407

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Last edited by Plenty Fox; 07-04-2004 at 11:08 AM..
Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #42
Teen Dancer

hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washakie Witch
Sorry to disappoint :50: I wasn't focusing solely on you; just that this boggling concept keeps regenerating-- intolerance of others. There's the theory that when we are hypercritical of others that we are projecting; that is, what we are criticizing in others we fear in ourselves, etc. I'm honestly not trying to be critical of you or the others; I would just like folks to take a step outside their immediate knee jerk reaction, ask themselves 'why do I even give a **** what someone else does, thinks, etc., and contemplate other points of view. Especially the young people, who tend to 'parrot' whatever is politically correct to the given situation. Just take the time to think! Listen to other viewpoints, process what you learn and hopefully this world will be a better place if the Seventh Generation does think for themselves and not let historical or personal disappointments color their perspective on life. And, by the way, we certainly share in common being called a jerk, [email protected]@hole, stubborn. I've already gotten heaps of negative rep on this, I'm sure I'll get more.
This is GREAT, we can start the @sshole club!we can be co-presidents. but we gotta find a vice-president, treasure, secretary, and other important position's. so to all @ssholes, were looking for qualified people. send all resumes to this thread. if your the run of the mill @sshole, you need not apply. Were looking for the bottom of the barrel, low down, good for nothing, brown nose @ssholes! :)
hoov4450 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 01:41 PM   #43
meeeeeeeeeeee

Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov4450
This is GREAT, we can start the @sshole club!we can be co-presidents. but we gotta find a vice-president, treasure, secretary, and other important position's. so to all @ssholes, were looking for qualified people. send all resumes to this thread. if your the run of the mill @sshole, you need not apply. Were looking for the bottom of the barrel, low down, good for nothing, brown nose @ssholes! :)
the smellier the better...:50:

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

Old 07-04-2004, 03:23 PM   #44
Mille Lacs Ojibwe

sweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 51.74
Thinks this subject will always be brought up. Ya know I once heard a friend of mine tell a high school teacher "I have dancing it will pay my bills, it has so far." that was coming from a friend whose family are pow-wow people and she is still. A good dancer at that. Contest pow-wows are not for every and there always will those who complain. I just would think, why dont you ask them why they dont dance. I mean that would make more sense ennit. Every tribe has different views on things. OH well like I this is a touchy subject it will always be argued and what not. Then again it is different pow-wow circuits going on the contest or the traditional ones. For me if I wanna see the big name dancing I will go to contest, for change of pace we will go a tradtional one. To each there own opinion huh :)
sweetkwe69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 03:38 PM   #45
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov4450

Can I submit some names for nomination.... I know several that would fill the position perfectly!! :rofl2:
Old 07-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #46
meeeeeeeeeeee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
Can I submit some names for nomination.... I know several that would fill the position perfectly!! :rofl2:
we could even put it in the Rec Room and take bets! I'd like that 'cause I seem to be doin' alot of winnin' over there. I'd probably get alot of votes for being an asshole!

Old 07-04-2004, 06:08 PM   #47
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan

Hey!!!

Don't be submitting my name!! I can do that myself. Geez.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #48
Tiny Tot Dancer

little-ree will become famous soon enough
Let's all just agree to disagree on this thread! :rtf: Isn't that the name of the thread...what do you think?or something like that???? Some will think danzerz should danz the grands, intertriblz, the whole thang,Some will think it doesn't matter, and some will think let the dazer do what they want, besides, like I've already said, BLAME THE JUDGES NOT THE DANZER, THE JUDGE DECIDE WHO WINS!!!!!!Some tribz have simialar beliefs and some tribz have completely different beliefs. The powwow means different things to different tribz, danzers believe diffently about danzin cuz our opinions are based on our tribal beliefs. Some say arbor, circle, arena, dance area.......some like ketchup, some like mustard......ndn tacos with olives, ndn tacos w/o olives....some like coke over pepsi, some like mr. pibb :6:
What's ur choice:
mine's Dr. Pepper
little-ree is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 07:30 PM   #49
meeeeeeeeeeee

Different strokes for different folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-ree
Let's all just agree to disagree on this thread! :rtf: Isn't that the name of the thread...what do you think?or something like that???? Some will think danzerz should danz the grands, intertriblz, the whole thang,Some will think it doesn't matter, and some will think let the dazer do what they want, besides, like I've already said, BLAME THE JUDGES NOT THE DANZER, THE JUDGE DECIDE WHO WINS!!!!!!Some tribz have simialar beliefs and some tribz have completely different beliefs. The powwow means different things to different tribz, danzers believe diffently about danzin cuz our opinions are based on our tribal beliefs. Some say arbor, circle, arena, dance area.......some like ketchup, some like mustard......ndn tacos with olives, ndn tacos w/o olives....some like coke over pepsi, some like mr. pibb :6:
What's ur choice:
mine's Dr. Pepper
make mine A & W Root Beer!

Old 07-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #50
Pow Wow Visitor

urbanndn is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanna turn!!!!
I'll take a coke!!!My bro says his vote is for FANTA.(he likes the chic in red)
lmao! it's about time someone made this thread fun! You guys crack me up!
urbanndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 10:16 PM   #51
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
j/k..people..

I want a turn!!! I want a coke!! My brother wants..!!!! WTF!!! You think we're takin order for the whole fricken world?? Only one getting pop around this damn place are the azzholes!! Got it!!??

The previous message has been sponsored by the local azzhole Post 666 as a service serving your fine community of local and aspiring azzholes. "Remember... only YOU have the power to become an azzhole....it's YOUR choice.. now hurry up and fricken make it!!!!"

:rofl2:
Old 07-04-2004, 11:17 PM   #52
Junior Dancer

Ojipelodoba is a name known to all
Show up, Suit up, and let the spirit move you...or sometimes not move you!!!!!! Thats my theory.

Sometimes I dance every dance, other times I dance what is minimally required, sometimes I place, sometimes I don't....I take the money and have no problems with that..

Taking care of the children , and keeping their interest in the gatherings, come first.

Its nice to sit and watch others to...Maybe It looks like Just sitting around, but learning and teaching all the times.

Powwows is a social event where the public is invited, friends are gathered, and new relations are met...so whats wrong wit a little social atmosphere too!!!!

Being physically, mentally and spiritually fit is a must for each entering...
each day is different in that aspect on a dancer.

If I see a dancer sittin around, nose in air, be assured, I will give him something to get up and work on.

Later
Ojipelodoba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #53
Junior Dancer

Ojipelodoba is a name known to all
Exclamation

Show up, Suit up, and let the spirit move you...or sometimes not move you!!!!!! Thats my theory.

Sometimes I dance every dance, other times I dance what is minimally required, sometimes I place, sometimes I don't....I take the money and have no problems with that..

Taking care of the children , and keeping their interest in the gatherings, come first.

Its nice to sit and watch others to...Maybe It looks like Just sitting around, but learning and teaching all the times.

Powwows is a social event where the public is invited, friends are gathered, and new relations are met...so whats wrong wit a little social atmosphere too!!!!

Being physically, mentally and spiritually fit is a must for each entering...
each day is different in that aspect on a dancer.

If I see a dancer sittin around, nose in air, be assured, I will give him something to get up and work on.

Later

Never Yield
Ojipelodoba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2004, 02:25 PM   #54
Mille Lacs Ojibwe

sweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond reputesweetkwe69 has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 51.74
my lil bro told me once you know your a really azzhole when something happens its funny but everyone else is being polite by not laughing but you are the only one that is. so i guess that means im the only one laughing so does that make me one. :Crazy

oh well just a thought to ponder lol
sweetkwe69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2004, 02:35 PM   #55
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Cream Soda...

I agree with Little-Ree!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2004, 10:04 PM   #56
Pow Wow Visitor

powwowjudge is infamous around these parts
i Think it is ridiculous that people think that that is the best way to win a competition! When i watch the others competing that are dancing their butts off and then see someone just sitting there! I automatically give the ones dancing more points! Yes i know the times where you dont really feel like dancing very much, but then why would you compete? I think that you should give the ones that are giving effort that chance!

Last edited by powwowjudge; 07-05-2004 at 10:08 PM..
powwowjudge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #57
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Talking

Okay.......After just reading all these posts....here are my 2 cents. BEFORE I even entered the circle, my father told me that I had to be READY to enter the arena. To be a dancer, I was to represent who I was, my family, my tribe, and all the ones who cannot dance (i.e. elders, disabled, the sick, etc). Dancing was considered an honor. What happened to this way of teaching? I wasn't even allowed to enter the arena until I had my 'Coming out' ceremony and when I did, my father asked me, ARE YOU READY? I mean, ARE YOU REALLY READY?? Was I ready to take on such a role in our family, etc. ? I knew what he meant, which I was ready.

This is also what I taught my son when he came out as a dancer at the age of 2. Keeping in mind that a 2 year old will not having the capability to really understand what this all means. But as a parent, I have to teach him all this, even now, at the age of 4, I get after him if I catch him walking or playing around in the arena. Just a note: I have noticed my son watching and mimicking some of you older dancers. If you are walking or goofing off in the arena, especially here in the southwest, he'll be walking too. He thinks its alright to do this. ANYWAYZ, once I see him doing this, i'll ask him if wants to dance or play, if he wanted to play then i'll just take his regalia off. If he wants to dance then he'll keep it on. All of the time he chooses to dance, then i'll just tell him to dance for those who can't, for those who are sick, and for the elders who have paved his path for him. Then he'll go out there and dance hard, even intertribals. He makes me proud because at the tender age he is at, money does not mean anything to him or placing. All I know is he makes his parents proud, family proud, and community proud.

However, all these teachings I have come from my elders and family, not all are of my tribe, some come from adopted families up north, etc. These are the ways I was taught, however, not everyone will have these teachings, cuz some people will just dance because its cool, or to make money, or whatever reasons they may have. BUT instead of criticizing those individuals, we should just pray for them, even if they don't dance in every intertribal and place, is it really their fault? I can see it being their fault if they were paying off the judges, etc. but really its up to the committee and judges. By the way, what happened to the judging lately? I was always taught never to judge a contest that a family member/relative was dancing in. Oh well, sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

As far as the comment about the eagle plumes and fans, etc. I am of the Navajo nation and it has always been taught that I should never wear a eagle plume on me, etc. So you will never see a eagle plume on my body, in my hair, or any where. I respect my elders and what they tell me. Like my son does not wear a roach with a eagle plume until he is 'initated' into the grassdance society. His uncles who will be conducting these ceremonies from the Ojibway nations told me he needed his indian name before they can do this. However, in our NAVAJO way, the lil guys can't get their indian name until they reach the age of 7. So I have opted to honor both traditions and he won't receive his roach until then. He has already earned his eagle feathers. He will just have to wait until after his naming ceremony. Sometimes we all have to incorporate our own traditional ways and fuse it with the new powwow ways, its a choice but to me there are some lines we should not cross.

Well that's pretty much I have to say on this subject. If you don't teach the younger generation the value of traditions, then those traditions will eventually be lost and overlooked. I am glad to see there are still people out there who think dancing is an honor. I just hope our kids won't grow up to be bigheaded, filled with attitude, etc like some of the parents out there. BUT we will never have control over that, just something we have to accept. And to the older dancers, remember there are always little ones who are looking up to you, following your ways, etc. Ya never know who is watching. :P

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2004, 11:11 PM   #58
Junior Dancer

geronimo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by little-ree
Whoa there a minute! Before you start another thread that gets everyone all :rtf: u need to get specific. I see ur from out east and those powwows r a lot different then the ones west of the Miss. I been to the ones out east and it's whole diff. kind of powwow n dancn stylz then people from out this way. Most of the ndns out this way have (not just a tribe) but also a rez they belong to, and lots of powwows out this way are on the rez &more contest type powwows. Most of people at the powwow r ndns who want 2c the competions and to have plain ol fun. Powwows out east tend to be more of a spectator thang w/lot of non ndns comming to see "an indian powwow". Don't deny it :NoNo cuz I been to lots out east over lotta yrs. .........
NEwayz if ur still cryn bout the whole thang, blame the judge, after all its not the danzers fault the judge voted for 'em, even if the danzers just shown' up for contests. I alwayz danzed the grands n the intertribals, but the judges are the ones who place the danzers.
ndngurl's not whining or crying, she's bringing up a point and if anyone cares about the principle of the matter, they'd see that she's right--these half-*ss dancers set a bad example for everyone--spectator, contest, or whatever kind of powwow it tends to be-not just powwows, but also community and school performances, benefits, programs, etc...-in the end, what kind of event or ceremony it happens to be doesn't matter--what does matter is carrying yourself like you've had some home training--and these actions @ powwows ruin the whole point of powwows--yes, some powwows in cities in nc tend to be spectator like---for that matter, i certainly don't want these bad attitudes/displays to be seen as a reflection of what indian people are like-white people already have a misconception of lumbees as well as indians in general-so.....a few bad apples ruin it for the entire bunch--a lot of these people don't care about jobs, education, or a long-term plan for the future==it's all powwows, the here and now, and having enough $$ to make it to the next one--and if you don't offer them enought $$ they won't show up in the first place (well, if they think they can get over on you they will) ---it's the most pitiful thing i've ever witnessed
Old 07-05-2004, 11:16 PM   #59
Junior Dancer

geronimo is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

now that i'm thinking about this.......................

what irks me is how they speak to only certain individuals
powwows are so clique-"ish" and that is a load of crap
and then these "powwow circuit people" try to call you out as being "too good 4 them"--hello, get some social skills and respond to someone when they try to initiate a conversation

personally, i just try to chill and talk to everyone--what's the point of turning your noses up @ people?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:15 AM   #60
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
To Nezbah...

You sound like quite the guy. Your son is lucky to have you as a Dad; and I'm sure you do your family proud just as your little one is making you proud. I'm not trying to embarass you because I didn't hear anything in what you said that was bragging, etc. What I heard was a great depth, a great sincerity and it just isn't heard much anymore, particularly here on this site. Hearing you made me proud to be NDN, even a watered down one, especially since my upbringing was totally non-traditional due to alot of guilt and garbage on both sides of my family. While I was reading your words it made me feel hopeful for us all, as the diverse nations we are, because you are managing to keep traditions in a modern world and pass them on to the next generation. Again, I hope I'm not embarassing you. It was just so good to 'hear' your words; and to be reminded that little people have big eyes and ears and look up to us for better or worse. Thank you.
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links