Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk KIRO 7 news interview Jeremy MIller KIRO 7 news interview Jeremy MIller

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 02:42 AM   #21
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymiller View Post
I'm officially calling all of it "weird " whats the deal with hidu men and dogs umm yae ok is there something I did'nt catch with that post besides it being weird ? help me out...
i can see clearly now....well good luck with this...toodles
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
tus-kin

jeremymiller is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
tonight at 6:00 kiro 7

kiro 7
6:00 pm
tonight
"this has been the most anticipated Native tv program ever", says Bill Benson Investigative reports Kiro 7." since the comercial airing of the program there have been a record number of callers ever for investigative reports as the most anticipated Native American tv program ever".
jeremymiller is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
People (non-natives) really like to see natives fighting each other.

You must be proud.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #24
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
People (non-natives) really like to see natives fighting each other.

You must be proud.
it was Native on native that started the whole thing...is that pride ? is that how we are sopose to treat each other ?? p.s there might be more to come if things get out of control....

Last edited by jeremymiller; 11-14-2007 at 07:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Quote:
p.s there might be more to come if things get out of control....
Oh brother......^^^^ Sounds like you're all excited that things will get out of control.

It's not bad enough that you can't stop talking/crying about your squabble with that family on the internet and now you have to bring it to tv? I know theres a lot of racism and a lot of anti-NDN groups in the Seattle area.. you're just giving them what they want.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #26
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya View Post
Oh brother......^^^^ Sounds like you're all excited that things will get out of control.

It's not bad enough that you can't stop talking/crying about your squabble with that family on the internet and now you have to bring it to tv? I know theres a lot of racism and a lot of anti-NDN groups in the Seattle area.. you're just giving them what they want.
we don't need anti NDN groups to destroy us...we do it to each other at powwows....<><> SAD
Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #27
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
crap my memory card got full.....heres a link to the kiro hard copy...too bad i messed up taping it...cuz it implies that everyones tax dollars are being misused...

Dance Competitions Marred By Claims Of Cheating - Investigations News Story - KIRO Seattle
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

Olderthandirt is an unknown quantity at this point
Support for Jeremy Miller & Jim Roberts

To Jeremy Miller and Jim Roberts, I am proud to see you standing up & speaking out on the strength of your beliefs and convictions. It took a lot of courage to step forward in the face of this tremendous adversity. Yes, what you spoke of in the interview has been known for YEARS and it took you two young men to bring truth to the light.

Truth goes through three stages:
1. It is ridiculed
2. It is violently opposed
3. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident

Jeremy & Jim, I greatly admire you for taking the first step, which, hopefully, will open the way for eventual healing.

Karen
Olderthandirt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM   #29
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderthandirt View Post
To Jeremy Miller and Jim Roberts, I am proud to see you standing up & speaking out on the strength of your beliefs and convictions. It took a lot of courage to step forward in the face of this tremendous adversity. Yes, what you spoke of in the interview has been known for YEARS and it took you two young men to bring truth to the light.

Truth goes through three stages:
1. It is ridiculed
2. It is violently opposed
3. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident

Jeremy & Jim, I greatly admire you for taking the first step, which, hopefully, will open the way for eventual healing.

Karen
healing and our future is what the finale outlook is and goal, thank you for your support this has'nt been easy....thatz for sure....but the truth is more people support this cuase than oppose it as I have received numerous calls of support...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #30
PowWows.com Addicts

jones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 52.32
Quote:
healing and our future is what the finale outlook is and goal, thank you for your support this has'nt been easy....thatz for sure....but the truth is more people support this cuase than oppose it as I have received numerous calls of support...
dude, that was a dumb turd thing to do. Why can't you just let it go?
jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #31
PowWows.com Addicts

jones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond repute
quote from transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
crap my memory card got full.....heres a link to the kiro hard copy...too bad i messed up taping it...cuz it implies that everyones tax dollars are being misused...

Dance Competitions Marred By Claims Of Cheating - Investigations News Story - KIRO Seattle
"He fashions totem poles using centuries old techniques and has long been one of the top "fancy dancers" (or war dancers) in the Northwest, if not the country." (excerpt from Dance Competitions Marred By Claims Of Cheating - Investigations News Story - KIRO Seattle)

Really?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #32
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
dude, that was a dumb turd thing to do. Why can't you just let it go?
are you even old enough to post on here ? cuase your speach is a little kiddish...I mean really what is your deal with hindu men, dogs, and terds ? do you need some sphych help becuase I do hold a major in sphychology ? even though this is off issue...this is just how this guy post's.....weird....,
Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #33
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
are you even old enough to post on here ? cuase your speach is a little kiddish...I mean really what is your deal with hindu men, dogs, and terds ? do you need some sphych help becuase I do hold a major in sphychology ? even though this is off issue...this is just how this guy post's.....weird....,
At least I can spell and articulate a sentence.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #34
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
At least I can spell and articulate a sentence.
oooo now we are getting somewhere...hmmm well do you want to ask a constructive question about something or are you just going to keep flabering nothingness ?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

svleadsinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Give it a break!!!!

I have been reading some of your nonsense on here & on Jim sight since you have been posting how you were wronged.

Yes maybe you were in some way. I have gone to the pow wows in Washington for over 20 yrs I have made many friends that are good people. I don't really agree with what was said on national TV. A few yrs ago there was a write about how much people were winning at pow wows so the American IRS started taxing people winnings. hhmmm many people were upset at that. Now what about all the many other people you 2 men are going to impact who are not involved??? I don't honestly think either of you should have said a thing especially being called one of Americas top dancers????? & top contest singing drums??? hmmmm don't recall last time Kims drum winning & your self winning????? oh but I forgot the winners were switched in your catagory!!!!!!

As far as speaking of being the oldest redpaint dancer????......were you never taught of teachings in the longhouse???? remember the little hook at the entrance of the bighouse or gathering???? I don't think people need to hear of you bragging of being a dancer in that nore should you even speak of it online........as some one who attends for over 20yrs every yr .......give your head a shake & be NDN........I see the 2 of you not acting in anyway as people who belong where you say you were wronged..........give your head a shake & grow up........I see things getting worse because of you 2 men..........guess next few years we will have non natives running what was once ours.....anothing thing for them to take away.......

F James
svleadsinger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #36
tus-kin

call the doctor

We have our protcol in our tribe, do you ? and I can't really ever recall us being dictated on "WAYS" buy someone from hundreads of miles away telling us what is ok and not ok in our ways, sure I will listen to you and you now that, I have always had respect for you Francis and I still will , but our personal tribal issues are just that, personal....this has been one of the formats of freedom of self expression and speach that is allowed with out dictatorship. We do not have meetings where we can have these conversations "personal" I now my bounderies with what is ok to say about our way's infact I consult with the eldest one of our way on this side of the border before most if not all my actions become in motion. There was no detail of our Secret inner workings that belong to our people. Although there are people who wrote books, paintings, and kids books that come from SKAGIT"""" so maybe you should look in your own back yard on these issues. I will always protect and keep safe all we have thats for sure as you should now that we see each other quite often as proff of our support and responsibility.
I created no personal attacks durring the interveiw, I was foward and respectfull and I look to a better future for our people to break this cycle of disfunctions.
Here is my question ; if you have a infection on your body will you
(A) say it is negative and forget it
(B) say I have a problem but I must hide it becuase it looks weird
(c) call the doctor tell them the situation and get medicine for it
Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 AM   #37
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree with SVleadsinger. There are some things from our culture, that should never be shared online or discussed on TV. We have always had our ways and those ways have always been for our people to cherish. I may agree with your right to say the things you do about contest fixing and corruption. Remember the other things you speak about are not for public consumption. I am from the Saanich Tribes and believe there are things that are better left unsaid. Coast Salish people still hold some things very sacred. We have never in our history discussed some things in public. Many of our Elders believe that if we share too much it will be taken from us. I am not your family leader nor am I an Elder. The choices you make are yours but remember years from now, your children will be held accountable for your actions. This isn't a threat, it is a request for you to be cautious. If you wish to PM me, I will tell you my name and who my family is, where we are from and what our rights are according to our ways.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #38
tus-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc View Post
I have to agree with SVleadsinger. There are some things from our culture, that should never be shared online or discussed on TV. We have always had our ways and those ways have always been for our people to cherish. I may agree with your right to say the things you do about contest fixing and corruption. Remember the other things you speak about are not for public consumption. I am from the Saanich Tribes and believe there are things that are better left unsaid. Coast Salish people still hold some things very sacred. We have never in our history discussed some things in public. Many of our Elders believe that if we share too much it will be taken from us. I am not your family leader nor am I an Elder. The choices you make are yours but remember years from now, your children will be held accountable for your actions. This isn't a threat, it is a request for you to be cautious. If you wish to PM me, I will tell you my name and who my family is, where we are from and what our rights are according to our ways.
well than lets leave it alone all the way... I have'nt said anything about it besides responding to Francis and kept it out of the publics understanding since over a month ago.....I am all for protecting what us 3 are refuring to and I did take heed to the advice Francis said to me over a month ago inwhich I made one statement of my position...it was very breif and you could only understand the wording if you were from it....I would hope and ask for us to drop this issue and get back on track with solving our problems in our Nation's and leave this alone as for your fyi i did get permision to make that statement as our council has controlled our people with dictating our speach and our people have alot of work ahead of them.
TUS-KIN
South pugeot sound PUYALLUP tribe

Last edited by jeremymiller; 11-15-2007 at 04:24 AM..
Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #39
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I have always believed that we, as a Nation, should work out our own problems and misunderstandings within our own particular Nation.

You state that you consulted with elders and that you have permission to make statements from your council. That's good. It shows that others within your Nation will listen and are willing to deal with your problem. You should have stayed with it and within. It is our way to solve our own problems. No need to bring in the cavalry.

I can only see this interview as "showboating".
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

svleadsinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Not only your tribe will be impacted!!!!

The choices you make are yours but remember years from now, your children will be held accountable for your actions. This isn't a threat, it is a request for you to be cautious.

I have seen winners switched over the yrs myself & never liked it....yea maybe it is an eye opener but if it bothered you that much maybe your tribal pow wows should have some one behind doing the tabulation like yourself??????? What every one here in Canada well BC that seen your little speach are talking of is how we can be of threat to be controled by the government even more now with your escapade!!!! We have given up so much already & what you did was open the door for the non natives to look in for some thing more they can take from us. That is the point we are wanting to get across. I'm not sticking up for who you were pointing the finger at but speaking to what I see happening in the future. & it is true do you think our kids will have the fun they have 20 yrs from now if it is controlled by some government level????? I honestly don't think they would.

My people are also not Skagit. I am from the Hulk eymeylem People. I have family from your tribe who come up here to practice as well.
So all being said I know enough to keep that part out of some thing like this. When speaking up against some thing like this maybe you should have had the elders you say gave you their belssing to speak of this standing with you when you got interviewed. To many it does look like a personal witch hunt using the white peoples ways.......I guess maybe there will be more to discuss as time goes on but my own thoughts .....it was wrong & still will be in my eyes...I guess not only will have tax forms to sign now maybe we will have judges from other countries being paid for judging us......like they do in the Olympics I guess........Good job anyways...........
svleadsinger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links