Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Manitoahbee powwow Nov. 4 &5 Winnipeg Manitoba Manitoahbee powwow Nov. 4 &5 Winnipeg Manitoba

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
anns is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Exclamation .

Last edited by anns; 03-05-2009 at 04:26 PM..
anns is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

sonny453 is a jewel in the rough
jammin pow-wow

hey this pow-wow is gonna be rockin da nation....
sonny453 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

Delia is a splendid one to beholdDelia is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 560.00
Golly I think I should start dancing
Ladies Fancy Shawl OLD STYLE

Every patient is a doctor after his/her cure
Delia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Rockin "_ _ _!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny453
hey this pow-wow is gonna be rockin da nation....
Cause Rockin "_ _ _!" will B there!!!!
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tactyl has a spectacular aura about
Can't wait!

I love Winnipeg and this event is gonna be off the hook!
Tactyl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2006, 01:52 AM   #6
Junior Dancer

vote again

final voting is on for the music awards.....

http://www.aboriginalpeopleschoice.com/cim/3200.dhtm
Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
Island Girl

Wiky Chick is on a distinguished road
I wonder if there's any rooms left in the city!! Looks like it'll be a good one.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

Sunnkist is an unknown quantity at this point
Skydome... or Manito Ahbee

This one looks like it'll be a good powwow for sure; I believe this is the first year that they are having the Powwow as part of their festival? I think it'll blow Skydome Powwow away but part of why I like Skydome is because it's so close to Christmas so our family goes every year to spend the entire weekend down in the city. The only downside to Skydome was there was only one food vendor last year and the line up was literally five hours long lol
Sunnkist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Sunnkist is an unknown quantity at this point
IS there such a category as Womens Fancy Shawl Old Style?... can someone explain; is it like Tawny Hale style how she doesn't get all fancy with her outfits?
Sunnkist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #10
Junior Dancer

ole style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnkist
IS there such a category as Womens Fancy Shawl Old Style?... can someone explain; is it like Tawny Hale style how she doesn't get all fancy with her outfits?

im not sure but i think old style fancy is where they carry there shawls on their forearms.... i see lots of ole style dancers in mid west canada....
Old 10-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
We are looking into airfare.....

Sounds like a good one. We'll see...... (crosses fingers)
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

emma_sophia is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,433.67
Just so there are no surprises for anyone... it costs $10 per day to attend this pow wow. As far as I know, everyone has to pay admission.
emma_sophia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
dammit i may still go... i can go bug my dad.....

if i do go...if i happen to win the lotto..does any powwows dot commers want to meet or not

Last edited by middle of the sky; 10-19-2006 at 02:59 PM..
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #14
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
well well well

Looks like I'm going. Flight booked, couch rezerved at my cousin's spot...it's on like gramma's scone kiddos!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #15
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibby
Looks like I'm going. Flight booked, couch rezerved at my cousin's spot...it's on like gramma's scone kiddos!
Woohoo girl - we're gonna tear the city up!

Lemme know your flight arrangemnts and we'll make plans to get together.

I'm glad I'm off work right now - gotta rest up to meet Jibbs and all the other dot commers that are coming to my town!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #16
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnkist
old style fancy shawl refers to the fancy shawl style of dance when it first started. some danced with a shawl on their arm, some over their shoulders and some without. there were no high kicks or quick spinning - more a "snaking" pattern around the dance area (not sure how to explain it .. lol).

and yes the regalia is not as vibrant and elaborate as todays fancy shawl with their multi colored ribbon and flat fringe shawls with the elaborate designs. most use chainette fringed shawls with no designs with velvet capes and skirts. and the beadwork is more .. classic (the only word i can think of to describe ms. hale's beadwork)

tawny hale is a good example of an old style fancy shawl dancer as well as tala tootoosis and a woman who i think is a carrier (i might be totally off .. lol) in western canada.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
montana mad man

Go4erIt has a spectacular aura about
we'll be there but the $10 fee is that canada bucks or american?
Go4erIt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #18
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
HEY BABE!

I emailed you my flight itinerary.
That's right gal...rest up...coz you know I'm gonna be dragging you along with me everywhere! hehe.

See you in two weeks...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Eagle
Woohoo girl - we're gonna tear the city up!

Lemme know your flight arrangemnts and we'll make plans to get together.

I'm glad I'm off work right now - gotta rest up to meet Jibbs and all the other dot commers that are coming to my town!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #19
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
jibby, nice seein you around here.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #20
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
i wonder if i can get fired before the fourth..? hmm. ill see what i can do.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links