Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Most Humble Drum Groups Most Humble Drum Groups

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ReeDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Most Humble Drum Groups

Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else.
Here's what I think......
1. Southern Cree- down to earth jammin' drum group
2. Pipestone- real freindly guys, good attitude
3. High Noon- cool as it gets

Now what do YOU think?
ReeDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Gotta agree with ya on Southern Cree and Pipestone. The Southern Cree guys seem really courteous whenever I see them.

A couple of years ago I shared a story about how cool the Pipestone guys were towards my son.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

iVivify is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeDaMan
Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else.

Now what do YOU think?
Another vote for Pipestone here - they are so friendly and not stuck up. They are jokers too.
Another 2 here in WA state:
Windy Point
Nation Singers
iVivify is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeDaMan

Now what do YOU think?
I like Pipestone Creek! A few years ago, I asked some of the drum group if they had any CD's for sale and they said they didn't have any more :(. So I was minding my own business and their lead singer (I forgot his name, sorry) came up to me and gave me one of their tapes, for free. I thought that was pretty cool and very nice of them/him.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #5
Powwow Chair Carrier

uw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Oregon State University for School, Yakama Rez is home
Credits: 958.69
Rose Hill singers have that southern hospitality going for them:)

My Website
uw_n8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

old bull is a jewel in the rough
Talking most humble drum

drumming beside cozad you find out larry and his drummers are humble and so helpfull to a younger drum also we cohosted with smokeytown and they are nice and seem to have a ball drumming both these drums are a great example to young drums and a honor to sit beside
Old 08-13-2004, 06:58 PM   #7
singaaa

Lesley Smoke has a spectacular aura about
Yeah im gonna go with pipestone
Old 08-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #8
~Hón-wungwa~

Grizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Humble Drum Groups...

Indian Nation is a pretty cool bunch of guys. :Thumbs
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

FRIAR is on a distinguished road
I too have to say that Southern Cree And Pipe Stone Creek are some of the most humble guys that I know. They sure helped the starblanket boys back in the day when we didn't know anything about Pow-wow singing. I have lots of respect for these guys on both these drum groups for taking us under there wings helping us out...

Last edited by FRIAR; 08-16-2004 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: wanting to correct some mistakes
FRIAR is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 02:07 AM   #10
SNAGNOMETRY 101

1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute
I would have to say pipestone, meskwaki nation, and youngbird. Im not sayin that they are the most or the only ones, just the ones that I have met through my travels and have shown respect to and influenced my drum in a very positive way.
1badazzndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 02:27 AM   #11
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad to hear about humble drums. There has been a few representatives of drums here on the internet that have been talking shyt about other drums. It looks BAD. I hope I never had a song by any of those nameless drums.
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #12
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Northern Wind Singers

Northern Wind Singers from Lake of the Woods Ontario.

Gabe Derosier and his guys are the nicest. They are very respectful and always ready to rock the house....
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #13
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really know of entire groups that are humble, but there are some pretty good guys who I've met that are some "down to earth guys".

One particular gentleman comes to mind. He's now passed away and he sang with Red Bull, Mosquito Singers and other groups. We never crossed paths very much, but when we did, we always had a good visit. He shared songs with me that he had made and always offered me a drink of coffee or pop. He sang songs into my recorder that he wanted me to have. A good guy. A good friend.

Art Moosiman is missed by many people.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 12:14 PM   #14
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

I dance mainly in the southeast and Cozads were the only ones to announce that their drum was "closed" to other singers. Too bad, some of their cousins were in the crowd and didn't go over and talk to them after that.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

makesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond reputemakesHERlulu has a reputation beyond repute
Damn them guys.........lol

ya know whenever a drum group contracts with powwow committees, they contract for that group, not necessarily a pickup group..
makesHERlulu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, about any group will sound better when they go from four singers to eight....
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

old bull is a jewel in the rough
humble groups

i can say this much about closeing the drum if you are host and allow anyone to pull up a chair you are takeing a chance on this persons ability and if they mess up you as the host takes the blame and pay the price as for cozad i have seen them open their drum and welcome singers and if they closed it larry and the crew had a perfect right to do this as all drums do some drums are allways closed to nonmembers
Old 08-17-2004, 09:21 PM   #18
Junior Dancer

ndnangel will become famous soon enough
there are a bunch of really humble drum groups out there, but mesquaki nation and 206 seem to be some of the friendiest
ndnangel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #19
Junior Dancer

ndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud of
I would hafta say...
Meskwaki Nation
Sizzortail
Bear Creek
Whitetail
--cool people that show and have earned alot of respect.
ndn_lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #20
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
I agree....have to give mad props to SIZZORTAIL!!! Now some of the members are like family to me and my son. I have a deep respect for those drums who have given my lil tiny totter drumsticks (pipestone, two thumbs up), given him songs (Redhouse and members of Green River), and of course all my nephews and sister on Calling Eagle. Pipestone Creek is definitely a humble drum and so is Southern Thunder. I could go on with a list of humble drums and dancers. So its nice to see there are people with good strong generous hearts out there which makes powwowing all the more better. Keep it up guys cuz its what you give teaches my son about respect and humbleness. I try to teach my son to give 1/2 his tiny tot money or winnings even if its only a dollar to the drum that sang his song. Cuz dancing is not dancing without those drums and the songs they sing. Keep it up.....thats why we love to powwow. :D

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links