Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Most Humble Drum Groups Most Humble Drum Groups

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #61
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ndneyez is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I know I'm late on this thread but I just have to post. I read for awhile but decided to comment....
It all depends on how your path crosses with some of these drums. For example, I deal with drums all of the time since I am the chairperson for our pow-wow. SOME of the names mentioned in this thread as being "HUMBLE" crack me up!!! I am not kidding. I've had a few of these groups surround one of my female committee members demanding more money than we offered when we asked them to be host. This intimidation factor did not work to their advantage. That was outright CRAZY!!! Obviously we will NEVER consider them again. To me $5,000.00, rooms, and travel money is a fair offer!
Then there were others that have been a genuine pleasure to work with. Cozad, Pipestone, Bear Creek, just to name a few.
These other groups may be "HUMBLE" in some regards but not all. And some of the groups I mentioned may have crossed you negatively at one time or another.......like I said, it all depends on how your path has crossed them.
ndneyez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #62
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud ofHank_Shelton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndneyez View Post
I know I'm late on this thread but I just have to post. I read for awhile but decided to comment....
It all depends on how your path crosses with some of these drums. For example, I deal with drums all of the time since I am the chairperson for our pow-wow. SOME of the names mentioned in this thread as being "HUMBLE" crack me up!!! I am not kidding. I've had a few of these groups surround one of my female committee members demanding more money than we offered when we asked them to be host. This intimidation factor did not work to their advantage. That was outright CRAZY!!! Obviously we will NEVER consider them again. To me $5,000.00, rooms, and travel money is a fair offer!
Then there were others that have been a genuine pleasure to work with. Cozad, Pipestone, Bear Creek, just to name a few.
These other groups may be "HUMBLE" in some regards but not all. And some of the groups I mentioned may have crossed you negatively at one time or another.......like I said, it all depends on how your path has crossed them.
Hear, hear! Some of the drums named in this thread are outright jerks (to put it lightly/politely). A few bad apples aside that give some groups a bad name, some of these groups as a whole are... well you know.
Hank_Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #63
Junior Dancer

DANTS is a name known to all
Savings: 263.90
Cool Jam on.....

Pipestone!!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #64
Antler Carver

Airhead40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Sorry suthernwaterbird !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernwaterbird View Post
You guys need to learn some manners and respect. Whoever taught you, that to yell at the top of your lungs "Family Drum ROCKS" is cool and acceptable, they're wrong. It's childish and extremly disrespectful, especially to any other drums that set up. Take that into consideration next time before you go screaming your ingorance at a powwow, where real powwow people attend.
Thx.
Yes Your Right! WE pulled the guy aside and explained that to him. Since then he hasn't done it. We have been talking to all our friends about it also. If that situation offended you please accept our apology...
Airhead40 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #65
Junior Dancer

song_bird_woman is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 80.00
Most humble drum groups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndneyez View Post
^^ THIS IS TRUE (PATHS CROSSED). I PERSONALLY SEEN A SINGER WHOM EVERYONE RESPECTS & MENTIONED THAT IS HUMBLE, MAKE FUN OF PEEPZ, ETC... ALSO, DA ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR MAKES PEEPZ ACT UP. IF A DRUM GROUP IS ONE OF DA TOP, THEY ALWAYS (I SHOULDN'T SAY ALWAYS, BUT "SOME") EXPECT COMMITTEES TO CATER TO THEM OR EXPECT MORE MO-LAH THAN WHAT WAS AGREED UPON. JUST MY 2 CENTZ...
song_bird_woman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links