Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk NABI 2010 Results ... anyone? NABI 2010 Results ... anyone?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
gtbdave

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond repute
gtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 185.78
Savings: 0.00
You don't get it, that's the point. Nobody knows if anyone won. But I'm glad you're have in a good time, laughing out loud at something that isn't the least bit funny, and wasting people's time, and broad space, with childish comments.
gtbdave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #22
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,552.42
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbdave View Post
wasting people's time, and broad space
You obviously don't know 50, he is gods gift to a broad's space and he would gladly repay in kind any broad that gives him her time...
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #23
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Exactly! Lol! Aww poor gtbdave I got a few bucks to give you to make up for the committee and head staff not picking you.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Mr Gtb, The Powwows do let you know who the winners are... you just have to stay to the very end. But I will agree with you about the raised stage. They are dancing in a competition, and by all means should be presented with their awards on raised platforms. They should do a little dance as they are givin their awards as well so that we can all recognise who the dancers are. I've read many of your posts in the past and like what you have to say. I was too shy to joyen the site and post though, but rest assured I will voice my agreements with you forthwith.
BigChef is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #25
gtbdave

gtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond reputegtbdave has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

If contest pow wows did inform as to the results of contests, so many would not feel the need to post the results of so many pow wows on these boards.

Just as announcing the winners off in the corner somewhere is not appropriate, so is announcing the winners after everyone has left not appropriate.

My original post was about comparing how they ran the Olympics to how contest pow wows are run. It really had nothing to do with me, or my dancing abilities, or my winning or losing anything. It's just that some posters just don't have the intelligence to understand a simple post. I really can't make it much more simple, I don't use alot of big words, and my computer really can't make the words larger, without typing in all in upper case, which is considered shouting and is impolite.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbdave View Post
If contest pow wows did inform as to the results of contests, so many would not feel the need to post the results of so many pow wows on these boards.

Just as announcing the winners off in the corner somewhere is not appropriate, so is announcing the winners after everyone has left not appropriate.

My original post was about comparing how they ran the Olympics to how contest pow wows are run. It really had nothing to do with me, or my dancing abilities, or my winning or losing anything. It's just that some posters just don't have the intelligence to understand a simple post. I really can't make it much more simple, I don't use alot of big words, and my computer really can't make the words larger, without typing in all in upper case, which is considered shouting and is impolite.
While I agree with most all of what you say, I have to point something out that you probably already know. Everyone on here clamoring to know the winners of the powwow... did not go to the powwow. Just like the many people who follow sports teams want to know the winners of a game even though they did not go to the game. They do not annouce powwow winners on the sports segment of a newscast on tv, or print them in a newspaper like they do fooseball. People are curious to know the turnout of an event they did not attend as they know people who went, have family that went, wanted to go theirselves, or are just plain curious. A small amount may have gone but didnt care to stick around for the winners to be called at the end of the last day of the powwow. They know someone will tell them or they can look online to find out the winners.
The winners are always called out front and center and recieve their money in front of the mc booth, you get to see the winners walk through the areana to the table. It is never of to the side somewhere in a lonely dark corner. The thing of it is... you have to stick it out to the bitter end. There is no instant gratification for the person who goes to a powwow one or two days, watches grand entry and a few contests, then leaves to eat somewhere or go shop or what ever it is casual powwow observers do. These dancers contest multiple times throughout the weekend, and the winners are announced at the very end of the powwow.

Again people who did not attend or did not care to stick around for the results are the ones asking who won. But like I said I'm sure you already new that and are just playing devils advocate you sly devil you!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
fauxtography mama

cihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond reputecihuatl photog has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChef View Post
The thing of it is... you have to stick it out to the bitter end.

ain't that the truth, lolz.... anyways who won????

hahaha, just joking!
cihuatl photog is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #28
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blabbity blah blah blah blah blah blah *pause* blah blah blah

What?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #29
gtbdave

That's not entirely true. I've been to many pow wows, to the bitter end, and never did find out who won. Even when they do announce winners they do it so you either can't see who won, or can't hear who won, even when they do it in front of the microphone table. Maybe the guys on the mike can see, but not many others.

Now contrast that to the Olympics, they had the winners up on a stage, gave them medals, flowers, made a big deal out of their winning. Many, myself included, can rattle off the names of many who won Medals, won Gold, won Silver, and won Bronze, and the Olympics are not even over yet. Those names and the winners will be remembered and known for years. I'm not saying that pow wow winners should have that kind of acclaim, but we should at least know that they won, and who they are, what their names are, how much they won, what they won for.

Like any contest, game, event, even sporting event, everyone wants to know who won. It's not likely that people would attend a baseball game, or any other event, and then not ever now, or ever care, who won, or what the scores were. You still have to give some consideration to those that don't have access to internet, or never heard of powwows.com.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
wow, if it bothers you that much, why post in threads asking for winners list????.....it's so simple, if something bothers you, leave it alone.....holay!!!!.....LOL!!!.....Mr. Controversy.....but I'm sure you knew that, you not using all these big words and all.........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
Blahbity blizzblah?
Oh, yeah I forgot about that one too. Sometimes.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Oh, yeah I forgot about that one too. Sometimes.

careful...i will put you in my sig!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #33
Ugh. As. If.

i'm joking ha ha ha ha ha
Old 02-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #34
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
careful...i will put you in my sig!
your "sig", is that what the women are callin it nowadays?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #35
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
your "sig", is that what the women are callin it nowadays?
not women, that's not what I'm talking about...you know what the brig is? Okay then!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #36
Tiny Tot Dancer

Im just confussed now. At first I thought it was something really good. Now, I'm just not sure. I'm hungry gonna go forage soon.

Gtb, you ought to talk to powwow committes and share your thoughts with them. Maybe you can get them to run contests just once and annouce the winners right away after they contest, run them just like specials. Call the winners and make them dance out to accept their money.
I'm sure most of the dancers will stick around for the rest of the powwow and won't leave because most of the contestants especially the champions just love to dance for dancing sake! Maybe you could even call commitittys before they hold the powwow so they can consider your thoughts and observations.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #37
Ugh. As. If.

I got popeyes here want some?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #38
gtbdave

Like you say, it's just observations on my part, I have no interests in talking to committees, probably nothing I could say that they haven't heard before. I just thought some might be interested in the contrasts between how the Olympics do their thing, and how pow wows do their's, in regards to announcing winners, and informing the attendees, and contestants, about who won.

Given the condition of the economy, and our situation in particular, we probably won't be attending many pow wows this year anyway, maybe hit one of two of the big ones, and call it good.

Pow wows are pretty much always the same, they rarely change anything, committee people must be as conservative as all get out, not wanting to change, or improve, anything. I guess if they figure they have a good thing going, just to leave it alone, don't fix it, if it ain't broken. Which is fine, none of my business what they do, or don't do. I'm pretty conservative myself, it's harder than heck to get me to change anything, I like the things I like and that's it. I still drive the same car I bought in Texas about 20 years ago, runs good, looks like heck, but it still goes, cheaper than a new one.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
I got popeyes here want some?
Mmm... I'll take two breasts, and two thighs! I'm just hungry...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #40
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Mmm... I'll take two breasts, and two thighs! I'm just hungry...
Come and get it!

The chicken, I mean...
Sponsored Links