Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk off beat off beat

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 AM   #81
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lexmar has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
sometimes it's hard to keep in step because the song and the beat is ever changing. I feel better when I'm dancing on beat and do the best I can; also, I dance to all the intertribals and that includes the drums that are off beat.
lexmar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #82

Christmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 313.43
Why?

why did I get a bad rep and from who??? geewhizzzzz I was just enjoying the converstation. dang. give a girl a break.
Christmas Snow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #83
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Snow
why did I get a bad rep and from who??? geewhizzzzz I was just enjoying the converstation. dang. give a girl a break.
Here, I gave you a good rep since you gave me one....lol.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #84

Christmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond reputeChristmas Snow has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 313.43
I feel much better - thx!

thanks for the greenies y'all!!!
Christmas Snow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #85
Junior Dancer

MAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond reputeMAD SKILLZ has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingbuffalo
I didn't get to read the whole thread buuuuut I have a comment...I see this a bit and since I've been judging a lil more usual lately, I remember thinking a few times "Whoa that person is off beat real bad" but then realized from my dancing experience that I remember I was accused of that one time by a fren o mine during a contest song and after thinking about it I replied, "No, I was dead on." Soooo in comes the science...aaaand the SPPEEEED OF SOUNNND...
Judge the distance from the drum to the dancer and yourself....you'll notice that ESPECIALLY W/ PA Systems that they may be right on by your ears & the processing of that sound by your brain AND if you have a keen sense of timing you may realize that dancer IS in fact Right On.

This is my own evaluation of this scenario. Not all dancers can use this to defend them. But I have heard dancers complain about reverb and Echo's by a PA system and worse yet Sucky PA systems VS the actual drums boom and then of course other drums that aren't singing but practicing yet it's still loud enough to throw the dancer, AD pls step in!

Hokaaah yeah.

So that's why it appears I'm off-beat in those pow-wow videos.....
MAD SKILLZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links