Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #41
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yellowbearwmn is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudNightWolf View Post
CORKY KNOX dont need to be bashed, he has known my grandmother and me for many years but he forgets my face every summer so each summer is like re-meeting but this summer mr. knox did something I bet NONE of you have ever done. He has offered to help me make my FIRST ever BUSTLE, and this summer at the beggining he didnt even KNOW MY NAME. He is an HONORABLE and NICE man, he does talk alot on the mic but HE is a wonderful person with a big heart. Now if you WANT to DOWN some REAL people down Kenny Iwrin who at the Hilliard POW WOW this summer STOLE from the Hoop Dancer's BLANKET DANCE! His cell phone was cliped to his side as he was the A.D. and it showed a BIG WEED PLANT picture on it and the crowd could see it. As for downing OHIO as a whole thats really low. I was born in Ohio and I live in NC but I give up my ENTIRE summer to come up here to OHIO just for the powwow's. I think that if we all think hard about things we could DOWN everything and everyone in SOME form or fashion BUT is that what grandfather and creator would want? NO, its not. We all make wrong and we all do right but if you are going to down people let it be on your OWN thoughts and expierence. Kenny use to host a pow wow in Xeina Ohio and I went one year and he told me that I didnt have enough regalia to do grand entry, does that sound like some body we want doing AD and Hosting powwows or do we want to down everyone else?
I am happy that you want to learn the right ways, however young man you need to learn from the correct person.
Considering the Tlingit DO NOT use bustles. I find this highly interesting that Mr. Clairmont/Knox/BlackElk is showing you how to build one.
I'm happy for your grandmother that this Corky is her friend. everyone gets lonely and needs a friend.
I remember the name of everyone I meet. I remember their face and their regalia.
My uncle Leo, is in his 70's and never forgets a name or face.
It says alot about someone who is looked up to that forgets a name. I was always taught if you forget a person's name it shows how important you are to them.

Defend him all you want. It is your choice.
Kenny Irwin is a different story and will be dealt with by his people. I have faith in that.

If that is your photograph on the post you appear very very young. Also your words are of a young person.
While your attempt to defend This Corky are admirmable. It is sad that you cannot see what kind of person you worship.

I will pray for you and your family to be healed and be able to see what is happening.

A hau
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #42
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandnWolf View Post
I read what yellowbearwmn wrote and I have to say, I am sorry she chose to leave and not back up her accusations. But, at least the negativity will be gone for a while. I apologize to all on here for my answers to her if anyone was offended. She attacked good people and commitees who are doing their best under heavy burdens. I have never stood back and let someone trash people when they only listen to rumors. We all live in a very small pow wow curcuit here in Ohio and you know how much damage gossipers can do. Especially if their mad because they didn't get what they wanted,or were "outed" in front of others. Who knows what brought it on? The point is, what has been written in here cannot be taken back and many were hurt by her, even angered. The damage has been done, but I hope not all here will stop going to Ohio pow wows or any others.
Thanks to all of you who stood up and let her know that the way she did this was wrong.
You are an open book.
I never left and I will back up what I say when I am ready.
I will NOT be intimidated by you or your clique.
You should be very careful who you talk around. By that I mean. When you complain you need to look and see who is sitting right next to you. Especially when you talk around the circle. What may be a spectator, could be someone important.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #43
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgamaWab10 View Post
Ohio Powwows are a laugh. well, it is a free country and pepole are changing and wannabe reconnected.
Boozho,
Yes I agree about most Ohio Powwows. There are a couple that do try to do the right thing both by tradition and example.

However recently in Michigan I was at a powwow with my Uncles Leo and Edward. We attended this powwow to listen to my nephews drum. He has worked hard to keep the old ways and the old songs alive. Well This person that we have been discussing this Corky, was there as a "Head Vet" Man I had to laugh. This Corky changed his name yet again. I have seen him several times now, and he keeps changing his name. First is was Elwood Clairmont, then Corky Clairmont, then Elwood Knox, then Corky Knox, then Corky Elwood Knox, then at this Michigan Powwow, Corky Black Elk Knox. And this past Weekend yet again he chages it to Corky Black Elk.
What's up with that? He needs to keep changing his name to hide his errors and his wrong deeds? Insulting people and jumping a Security Guard, for reasons only known to him. Then going on and on and on and on about how he always makes right his mistakes. Offering Children candy, soda, goodies to try to make bonus points with the parents. However This Corky has no idea the proper protocol around the drums. He wants thing his way and to hell with the proper and traditional ways (he has no tradition as he has no people). He made a crude remark to my our nephew at this Michigan Powwow. In front of our Nephews wife and small child. Our nephew was livid. He was ready to take his drum and family and leave. uncle Leo taked him out of it.
All the while this Corky goes around Laughing that cackle of his like a hen laying a square egg. This Corky will start to lable himself as "Chief" or "King" before we know it.
I was listening to a couple of Annishinabe elders remarking how rude and incorrect this Corky is.
How he runs around the circle like a Coyote.
A coyote who thinks he's in a chicken coop, but only grabs a mouthful of feathers. LOL.

Well we were sitting up in a small restraunt near Sugar Island, and saw a flyer for a powwow coming up in Ohio. LOL I almost fell over.
I saw "Corky Black Elk" as Head Vet. Could this be the Same Corky Black Elk Knox that we had just recently seen at the Michigan Powwow?
We went up to Ontario and talked with some in laws, and we all agreed to make the journey.
Needless to say, it was a very interesting powwow.
We saw alot and heard alot.
We sat near a canopy of women who gossiped like tv evangalists. Nasty, Hateful and cruel. We saw alot of mistakes made, but knowing it was the firt powwow for these people we said nothing. (although it was quite impressive for a first time powwow).
My relative from Ontario was shaken by an angry woman in the circle who attempted to pray with a rattle only to become angrier.
And of course the Corky with his make believe language.
Ask any Tlingit if this Corky one, actually speaks Tlingit. No way in Hell, he talks a make believe language.
Well this Corky insults the Veterans, insults the AD, the drums, everybody. He goes on and on about himself.
Then the funnies thing of all, I sit there as he talks about people hiding behind false names on the internet. How people write things about people and don't have the courage to sign their name. And then he praised a woman who wears a man's sash on her head. for defending him. I sat there and just giggled. If this Corky is such a brave warrior, and so honerable, why does he need a woman and a young boy to defend him? Why does he change his name always? what is he hiding from?
Yes I see he beleives he is powerful, and some people worship his pathways, yet his "FAMILY" staff sits alone in the circle on Sunday. Alone? not out of respect for the man, but due to the fact that they care not to be near him. Nor their feathers sulied by feathers carried by a Liar, fake.

I guess this Corky fancies hisself to be as that guy from Libya, protected and guarded by women? No self respecting warrior would allow that.

I will eventually come to talk to this Corky, but it will be on my terms and no other way. I will come with my family and witnesses to the things I say.

Uncle Leo and Uncle Edward will stand their along side of the relatives from the Prudoe Bay area.

So let's get some Bannock, fried bread, and pemmican together and watch the festivities.

I'm sure we will all enjoy watching the proper way to deal with a trouble maker.

Oh while I'm here I would like to recommend supporting the Cleveland Indian Center, as well as NAICCO.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #44
Dtwosnakes

Dtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond reputeDtwosnakes has a reputation beyond repute
Well, yellowbearwmn, I'm not sure about what all is wrong, but if you want, you can talk about me to if you like. Might as well get it all off your chest.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #45
Murphy

StandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Ohio, farr from home, behind a LARGE German Shepard, my body guard...lol!
Savings: 484.57
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbearwmn View Post
You are an open book.
I never left and I will back up what I say when I am ready.
I will NOT be intimidated by you or your clique.
You should be very careful who you talk around. By that I mean. When you complain you need to look and see who is sitting right next to you. Especially when you talk around the circle. What may be a spectator, could be someone important.
I am not trying to intimidate you and I don't have a "clique", I have friends I speak to and I know some people I speak to are looked at with distain, but, what others think of my choice of people to speak to, or sit with, is their problem not mine. I like to talk to them and many others and I will continue to speak to them and any others I wish to. Thats part of why we all go to pow wows, to see old friends , make new ones, and enjoy everyone's company.
As for complaining, I haven't complained to anyone at any pow wow I've been to, although, I have heard complaints from others about people and things that go on. If I have a complaint, I go to the person who needs to be spoken to, and let them take care of it.And as we all know no matter how hard you try to keep things private, there always seems to be someone who only hears part of what you are saying and then runs to "gossip". And I wouldn't complain to a spectator, that would be huge waste of time, wouldn't it?
I know there are those people who don't know me and don't like me, thats ok, it's their choice. Heck, there are days when I don't like me.......
Old 07-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #46
Murphy

StandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond reputeStandnWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Ohio, farr from home, behind a LARGE German Shepard, my body guard...lol!
Savings: 484.57
"Then the funnies thing of all, I sit there as he talks about people hiding behind false names on the internet. How people write things about people and don't have the courage to sign their name. And then he praised a woman who wears a man's sash on her head. for defending him. I sat there and just giggled.(quote from ybw)

What I wear on my head is not a man's sash, I am an Apache warrior woman, and was asked by another Apache warrior male, why I was not wearing a red headband as I should be because I am a warrior. I did what was asked of out of respect for this person. So, it is not a "sash"...you should have asked me why I was wearing it and I would have told you. Why do you hide? If you were there then why not come to me and ask? I have nothing to hide and I will be happy to speak to you about anything you want to speak about.
If what others are doing is so offensive to you and you are there, go to them and say your peice to them, face to face , why do you insult and harm others with your words on here?
get it off your chest in person, come out from the shadows and step into the light and face the people you have spoken so harshly about, maybe then you'll feel better and this will stop once and for all.
And as you can see I use my name, so next time you hear it or see me, feel free to come talk.

Last edited by StandnWolf; 07-24-2007 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: forgot to add < neener, neener, neener> lol!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #47
Kili!

Wojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond repute
I've never been to an Ohio pow wow and have no plans to ever attend one. They seem pretty cheesy. But, why waste all of your energy on people and pow wows you don't even like? I don't really understand that mentality.

If you don't like a dance, go elsewhere. Don't harp on such negative stuff.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #48
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
I didn't even know this thread was still alive but I feel it has enough venom to last us a life time and I'm personally over it. Have a good day everyone.
Closed Thread