Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk pow wow royalty pow wow royalty

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2004, 06:33 AM   #1

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
navajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scalenavajojohn is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
pow wow royalty

there are so many young women out there that represent our tribes. but yet there are some that dont have the respect they should for the organization they are representing or even themselves and their background

i have never seen such disrespect toward a committee, such a iicot.

their princess now is gettin redi to give up the title, and i think she has shown a lot of disrespect toward the young lady she took over for and also the committee. the young lady mentioned has gone to gatherin of nations and not once did she try to represent during the grand entries oh but she sure made her rounds at the bars and with her new found boy

you know i have seen a alot of princess follow what the guidelines never have i seen one show such disrespect

those of you who know who she is oughta know what i am talkin about
navajojohn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

HOKAHEYGUY will become famous soon enough
Yeah there are a few "princess" here where i am from and man if your going to do something do it right.There was this princess that was pregnant after she was princess she was keeping it on the down low but had to tell after she got bigger.Women dont understaind what a princess is all about.I am glad some one put a post about this cuz most women and young girls want to be princess and fool around on the side and u cant!!.
HOKAHEYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2004, 03:09 AM   #3
skeeterbug

eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly?¿?

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****

Last edited by eucheefolife; 04-14-2005 at 11:18 AM..
eucheefolife is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

KC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 200.00
I wanted to start by saying that I TOTALY agree that it is a priveldge and an honor to be chosen to represent your tribe or an organization as their princess. And with this honor you are expected to act and carry yourself in a certain manner.

However, my husband and I are friends with the princess you are referring to, so I just felt the need to defend her (since she probably doesn't even know she is being talked about on the internet). To me and my husband, she has always been nice and friendly.

My suggestions would be if you feel that she or anyone one else is not behaving in a way fit for someone representing an organization, speak to that person or the person in charge of the organization directly.

Just my two cents.....;)
KC Quapaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #5
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Quapaw
I wanted to start by saying that I TOTALY agree that it is a priveldge and an honor to be chosen to represent your tribe or an organization as their princess. And with this honor you are expected to act and carry yourself in a certain manner.

However, my husband and I are friends with the princess you are referring to, so I just felt the need to defend her (since she probably doesn't even know she is being talked about on the internet). To me and my husband, she has always been nice and friendly.

My suggestions would be if you feel that she or anyone one else is not behaving in a way fit for someone representing an organization, speak to that person or the person in charge of the organization directly.

Just my two cents.....;)
Yeah, just run back to the committee (who picked her cuz she is probably related to them) and tell them how she is acting! I don't know who the new IICOT princess is. But i remember a few years back their princess was running around outside. (During IICOT) Then she was hanging around the MC area with her crown on crooked and her banner all twisted. I was ashamed for her. Her mom was on the committee and didn't say much to her. There are probably some IICOT committee members on powwow.com. They should be checkin this out.
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
Banned

Kween_Krazee is on a distinguished road
I Can Care Less For Princesses I Really Dont Care About Em Becuz Most Princesses Have A Bad Name An Jus Cuz There A Princess They Expect The Red Carpet To B Rolled Out For Them I Dont Think So
Kween_Krazee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #7
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kween_Krazee
I Can Care Less For Princesses I Really Dont Care About Em Becuz Most Princesses Have A Bad Name An Jus Cuz There A Princess They Expect The Red Carpet To B Rolled Out For Them I Dont Think So

Ha ha, you sound young and jeolous......

I've met many former and current princesses. Yup, there are some who are stuckup and bratty. But there are also many young ladies who take their responsibility very seriously and try very hard to represent and promote their commities.

(Nope, I have never been a princess.)
Old 08-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #8
Banned

Kween_Krazee is on a distinguished road
jealous? i think not i never wanted to b a princess an and no i never tryed running for princess either jus cuz i dont roll out the redcarpet out for them and i dont really care for princesses that doesnt mean im jealous okay u dont know me so dont try to say im jealous
Kween_Krazee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #9
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
*rolls eyes*
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #10
Junior Dancer

Tlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,851.70
Wink

I agree that there are still some princess's out there that are representing their committe with respect and carry themselves in a manner pleasing to the people and we must commend them more often. Kudos to all the princess's doing a job well done. The next question is...who are they..does anyone have one or two..or three... in mind?
Tlinkamoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #11
Official Hickie Checker

MaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond repute
john quit haten cuz she took your man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navajojohn
there are so many young women out there that represent our tribes. but yet there are some that dont have the respect they should for the organization they are representing or even themselves and their background

i have never seen such disrespect toward a committee, such a iicot.

their princess now is gettin redi to give up the title, and i think she has shown a lot of disrespect toward the young lady she took over for and also the committee. the young lady mentioned has gone to gatherin of nations and not once did she try to represent during the grand entries oh but she sure made her rounds at the bars and with her new found boy

you know i have seen a alot of princess follow what the guidelines never have i seen one show such disrespect

those of you who know who she is oughta know what i am talkin about

What a good brother you are! The girl you are speaking of is a good girl. She is funny and nice. Don't hate becasue u think you are loosing your friend.

I am a key member of the IICOT committee. She showed no dissrespect to our committee nor to the other girl.

Your "brother's" girl had already served her term. She represented us well during her reign. She was just an interm princess. She is over the age of 21 and she was allowed at the bars. We knew she would be there. So what, she likes to dance. And, she was the designated driver at Gathering. I know, I was with her. And if you saw her at those "bars" you must have been there as well. And as I remember you were not.

As i remember it, you were the one passed out in the bathroom floor from puking in the sink! And being belligerent and mean. As I feel you are trying to be now.

But I remember taking care of you and even forgiving your harsh and out of line comments when you apologized the next morning.

Do not post other peoples "dirt" or expect yours to come out as well!

By the way, your calling of Terry Adams did not work. He doesn't beleive a word! Stop calling my uncle and lying!

have a nice day john,
maggieb

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."

Last edited by MaggieB; 08-16-2004 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: b/c i feel that i shouldn't have talked about someone that isn't involved in this.
MaggieB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 12:23 AM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

FoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond repute
Quit hate'n on her unless you know the full story and if you don't know... don't be ashamed to ask her. She's a supercool person with an intelligent head on her shoulders. Plus, I'm sure she's fully capable of making her own grown-up decisions regarding her life without the input of someone like you.
FoXyCrEeK26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2004, 12:32 AM   #13
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
wow crazy crazy
Old 08-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #14
We'll See....

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Leitka
I agree that there are still some princess's out there that are representing their committe with respect and carry themselves in a manner pleasing to the people and we must commend them more often. Kudos to all the princess's doing a job well done. The next question is...who are they..does anyone have one or two..or three... in mind?
The two ladies that I keep thinking of are

Crystal "Pewo" Lightfoot former Miss Indian World and a very nice person.

The other one was that Navajo/Apache girl who is a former Miss Indian World. I can't think of her name. She was also very friendly and nice.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:11 PM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

Powwowhoney4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 610.92
As a member of a powwow committee who helps in the choosing of the princess who represents our organization. I have to say that when choosing a princess that it should be someone who is a role model for the younger girls. They are not only representing themselves but, also the organization. If a princess is old enough to go to bars then she should have enough deciency to know that she is representing an organization. She is also know that she is a role model for younger girls and if it is okay for her to hang around bars then they will think that is okay too. I am not saying that IICOT princess is the only one. There are many others out there. I just wished that these girls would think what they are doing if they want to run around and do stuff then they should not accept the title.
Powwowhoney4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2004, 06:13 PM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

FoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond reputeFoXyCrEeK26 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe it's not "right" for a princess to be in a bar, but being in that situation myself I definetly understand her not wanting her family and friends to drive home drunk. If she did put herself in the situation of being the designated driver then KUDOS to her because that was one less drunk driver on the road that night.

And maybe when another young lady finds herself in that situation this example can help her to resist the pressure and temptation to drink and opt to be the driver instead.

Sheltering yourself from the world doesn't make a great role model. It's about finding common ground with the young girls by sharing the moments of humiliation and awkwardness. Being able to recall those sticky situations and tell how you turned them into positive experiences. Peer pressure can be both positive and negative.

YEs people have noticed her in bars...that's the negative. But she is proud of who she is and not afraid to stand up and be noticed even while people are talking about her. But she can tell those girls about her encounters with peer pressure, how she is able to overcome them and turn them into something positive. How someone can go out and have fun...plus help everyone get home safetly. It's a lesson about living in the real world...And I think that's a strong positve step towards being a phenomenol role model.
FoXyCrEeK26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #17
Official Hickie Checker

MaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond repute
i see nothing wrong with going to bars to hang out and dance. I do however have a problem with people who get all out of it. I have never seen the girl menetioned above out of it while she was a princess.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."
MaggieB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 PM   #18
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoXyCrEeK26
Sheltering yourself from the world doesn't make a great role model. It's about finding common ground with the young girls by sharing the moments of humiliation and awkwardness. Being able to recall those sticky situations and tell how you turned them into positive experiences. Peer pressure can be both positive and negative. .. It's a lesson about living in the real world...And I think that's a strong positve step towards being a phenomenol role model.
WELL PUT! A 'princess' isn't a cloistered nun for cryin' out loud. Cut the gal some slack. Reminds me of all the hoo ha on this site during the Rebekah Revels issue--how quick folks were to jump all over her and judge. It's a shame when envy and jealousy motivate people.
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #19
Powwow Chair Carrier

uw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Oregon State University for School, Yakama Rez is home
Credits: 958.69
It's crazy...living in the city...most everybody my age goes to bars & clubs to dance. It's socially acceptable. BUT when I go back home...my family freaks out about me wanting to go out to a club or bar to dance....I guess it's seen differently on the reservation or sumthin'. I don't drink...but people back home automatically think you're drinking if you're in a club.

if you're royalty....i think it's best to just stay away from those places.

My Website
uw_n8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #20
Cradleboard Baby

gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyaanii mom
The other one was that Navajo/Apache girl who is a former Miss Indian World. I can't think of her name. She was also very friendly and nice.
MITZI TOLINO -- She and I went to school together and went to Hawaii after she won MIW -- she is a phenomenal woman for whom I have a lot of respect! :)