Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Pow-Wows in Poland Pow-Wows in Poland

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
Experienced

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Savings: 0.00
Pow-Wows in Poland

Wanna see something different?

Go to this website which advertises Pow-Wows in Poland.

http://www.huuskaluta.com.pl/powwowuniej2005.php

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
NO comment, I could not translate into english, so I could read or understand what these white people are doing. I suppose the photos at this website say it all.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
Next thing you know White Powwow Dancer will be in here telling us about Babble translator site...
no comment here

ETA.. Thanks WPD! Somehow I knew you would come through!

Last edited by ~Journey~; 03-23-2005 at 08:15 PM..
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
i looked thru the site and the links... they have powwows in denmark and cjeck republic and elsewhere..there was video... on one of the pages.. someone needs to show them the rhytym.. looks like they already have real natives teaching them stuff...and the outfits are nice most of them anyways..
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Cool

OMG....i dint even see any Mens Fancy Feather Dancers..LOL

....but seriously are we like Mythical Creatures over there or sumfin?...even PAINT on their pasty asss faces

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #6
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
no we are more like cave people... stuck in time...if they saw us on the street they wouldnt give us the time
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 03:33 AM   #7
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Journey~
Next thing you know White Powwow Dancer will be in here telling us about Babble translator site...
no comment here
Hi I gone to the Babble site and they don't have a Polish lang. file running.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 03:44 AM   #8

*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Cool

I think its wierd....spooky wierd...but where are the Fancy Dancers?

*Kalilsha*

Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #9
President of TallNDN INC.

tallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Hey Brown Eye Gurl..........I guess I could go over there and be treated like a god. That is very scary looking at those pics.

I mean in my short life, I have seen some things but what the ##%$#@%^#$^$. The funny thing is that in some of the pics, they have a full crowd watching. B.E.G we can go and be gods........ Bow before me European peeps!!!

Tallinjun
Old 03-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #10

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallinjun
Hey Brown Eye Gurl..........I guess I could go over there and be treated like a god. That is very scary looking at those pics.

I mean in my short life, I have seen some things but what the ##%$#@%^#$^$. The funny thing is that in some of the pics, they have a full crowd watching. B.E.G we can go and be gods........ Bow before me European peeps!!!

Tallinjun

OK IM THERE.....LOL

*Kalilsha*

Old 03-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!! Did u scroll down & see the "WHITE CROW DRUMMERS"??? The back of my hand is itchin for a b!tchslap!!!.....FOR SHAME! FOR SHAME I SAY!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #12

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
If Paul had not taken away the change someone elses name, I would have to change BEG to BEG Goddess!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:29 PM   #13

Cool

LOL..J....And did u see that woman holdin her ear while she was, and i use the term lightly here....'singing'

*Kalilsha*

Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #14

To tell the truth I didn't , but I'm going to look now for sure!!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:19 PM   #15
Pow Wow Visitor

Huronndn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
wheres the video at for this?
Huronndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #16
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
some of those folks need to put some shorts on!
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM   #17
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Historian,

I have met many of the people in this site!

I took a dance company to Poland in 1994. We performed in 7 cities. In the city of Gydnia (which is next to Gdansk, home of the famous Lech Walesa, originator of the Solidarity Movement), a group of "Indian enthusiasts" came after our performance to dance for us.

We were quite impressed since, none of them had ever met a real "red Indian!" They had beadwork and featherwork that was awesome. The only thing they couldn't do well was sing. After their presentation, the each gave us a gift that they made. Wow! We received some quality articles. My gift was a pair of plateau style leggins (made with good trade cloth and old style beads).

__

Powwow in Poland is no different from the many "non Indian powwows" here in the United States. Their photo gallery shows: powwow princess', hoop dancers, fancy dancers, Crow style dancers, full drum groups . . . pretty much everything you would see at the national powwow in Illinois!

From the photo gallery on this site there are huge crowds in the backgrounds. It is evident that "there is no stopping powwows popularity world wide."
Old 03-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
Member since March 2000.

Mr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
I am OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!

.....I only saw ONE straight dancer in the photos....aye!!!

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde
Mr Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #19
Member since March 2000.

Mr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
...Powwow in Poland is no different from the many "non Indian powwows" here in the United States. Their photo gallery shows: powwow princess', hoop dancers, fancy dancers, Crow style dancers, full drum groups . . . pretty much everything you would see at the national powwow in Illinois!

[/B]
I beg to differ. I think the Euros have a MUCH better handle on the beading and "period" styled clothing than anyone else in the US.

If you compared a piece of work from an "indian enthusiast" from Europe to a piece made here in America....say, circa late 1800's...reservation period. I'd wager you couldn't tell the difference. They're very meticulous and accurate in bead selection and materials usage and construction.

I gotta give them that!! They're pretty damn good with beads.

I saw some pretty nice looking lane stitch on some of the fully beaded dress tops on some of those white chicks in one of the photos........pretty damn sweet!

.....I heard WhoMe has kids over there....aye!!!

LMAO!

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde
Mr Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #20
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJudd
some of those folks need to put some shorts on!
TOO FUNNY JUDD! i agree w/you on that one.....