Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Powwow Collisions and accidents. Powwow Collisions and accidents.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #21
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond reputeNativeChick509 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.77
Savings: 0.00
Ok, Onion Lake Powwow, Canada 1994. or 1993 i cant remember, LOL. been too long.

It was daytime, intertribals was going and i heard the best songs ever from all the best drum groups who was there, White Fish Jrs, Red Bull, etc tons of drum groups.

I was dancing during intertribals,then i heard loud thunderstorms (thunderbirds), shook up the whole tent inside,winds and rain coming in hard.

Minutes later i went to my chair looked up outside the tent, i saw 2 huge Tornado's coming to the powwow grounds. My first instinct was Oh $%$. I told my family its that itme to go and race back to our friends home who lived outside Onion Lake.

We had enough time pack up all our chairs,blankets,regalia hopped on our van and split in about 5 minutes all it took. By the time we left the powwow grounds i saw 2 guys holding the powwow poles who was being pulled by those 2 tornadoes,but i heard they survived against the tornados. wheww. brave people up there. last time i ever went to Onion Lake. Im wishing to go back next year.
NativeChick509 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
Banned

WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,641.56
O I feel very sorry for the elderly man losing his teeth
WoundedBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #23
Banned

WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinkala View Post
Shoot, I got two.

First one, I was dancing around the circle, not gettin' too big cause the arena was crowded. There was a Fancy Dancer coming straight for me so I got out of his way and everything was fine. Bout a few minutes later I'm going around again and out of nowhere I get whacked in the face with one of his sticks... not the feathers... the stick part LOL.

Second one, another crowded arena, I was dancin around. Bam!!! Fancy Shawl girl pops me on the forehead. Dang I guess when Fancy Shawl dancers get goin they turn into Mike Tyson LOL

There've been others, but these are my funniest.
I man that's funny how u put that fancy shaw like mike tyson
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
Banned

I hear by reading and I find some wrecks that are funny and some that are not funny at all and some that show lots of bravery
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
I was at this one powwow at umd a kid pulled a fire alarm MC came over th system and start paging the security officers and AD over to the MC stand.
I pulled out my scanner radio to listen for a fire call to the fire companies to show up so about 3:45 they got the call to the powwow grounds it was a false alarm by the kids.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,462.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
I was at this one powwow at umd a kid pulled a fire alarm MC came over th system and start paging the security officers and AD over to the MC stand.
I pulled out my scanner radio to listen for a fire call to the fire companies to show up so about 3:45 they got the call to the powwow grounds it was a false alarm by the kids.
This happened three times in the same night at the host hotel the head staff was staying in. Everyone was evacuted but there was no fire. Someone pulled the alarm too many times. Needless to say, all the headstaff was evicted from the hotel at 6:30 AM on Mother's Day Sunday.

I scrambled to get my stuff out of there before belongings to other people were confiscated until the rooms were payed for (including charges for an additional night). It was a total fiasco!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
This happened three times in the same night at the host hotel the head staff was staying in. Everyone was evacuted but there was no fire. Someone pulled the alarm too many times. Needless to say, all the headstaff was evicted from the hotel at 6:30 AM on Mother's Day Sunday.

I scrambled to get my stuff out of there before belongings to other people were confiscated until the rooms were payed for (including charges for an additional night). It was a total fiasco!
I don't consider that stunt to be funny for the fire companies stow for a false alarm.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #28
Banned

I don't think pulling fire alarms when there no fire is funny but that mike Tyson deal on a fancy shawl dancer was them sound like my kinda lady .
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
Banned

Love them lady's who hit like man cause the the one's u can leave for a week as u go to work and the can run the whole house without break'en a sweat
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #30
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,462.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
I don't consider that stunt to be funny for the fire companies stow for a false alarm.
No, it was not at all funny because i was 800 miles from home and i had to stay another night. besides, i had to answer the door to the hotel manager surrounded by police officers in only my shorts.

in the end, i was allowed back in because i was not involved. but the inconvenience of being out of a room for the day was a bit unsettling.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeChick509 View Post
Ok, Muckleshoot Powwow 2009.

An elderly grass dancer was showing off his best moves in the arena in front of single ladies that was watching him.
He had the crowd cheering for him,then boom. a young grass dancer came rammed behind him,knocked the old man's dentures out front of the whole crowd especially the ladies he was eyeing on. Elderly man was so PO he cussed out the young guy for couple seconds then he moved to the other side of the arena all embarressed. true story LOL.
LMFAO too funny fo sho, did his dentures clop across the floor
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #32
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
No, it was not at all funny because i was 800 miles from home and i had to stay another night. besides, i had to answer the door to the hotel manager surrounded by police officers in only my shorts.
Oh it was probably G&B pretending to be the manager, she was just tryna manuever over on you

Quote:
in the end, i was allowed back in because i was not involved. but the inconvenience of being out of a room for the day was a bit unsettling.
G&B let you back in coz she already got a free shot
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
Biboon omaa

A friend told my a horror story he and his friend where dancing for a contest at a powwow they where at they did spins and up crashing into each other and they where both taken by the ambulance to the ER. One dancer had his upper teeth embedded to his lower lip. Ouch!! that gotta hurt.
Sponsored Links