Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #201
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
Many prayers for you and your family Woggs, from all of us in Alaska.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #202
Doing my thing

04jingle26 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Though Willow is very close to my age and I might not know her personally, but her and her family have been role models to me and others across powwow country. My family and I send our prayers and love to you and your family during these hard times.
Sincerely the Narcomey family

Last edited by 04jingle26; 08-18-2005 at 06:25 PM..
04jingle26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #203
T.K.O.

saukpuppet has a reputation beyond repute
saukpuppet has a reputation beyond reputesaukpuppet has a reputation beyond reputesaukpuppet has a reputation beyond reputesaukpuppet has a reputation beyond reputesaukpuppet has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 90.00
I was reading some of the threads and was just wondering if Willow got to go to her husbands funeral? Poor girl, Willow God will get you thru this. It might take some time to realize the reasons. Its been about 8 months since my moms passing and I sorta realize why. PM me if I can help you with anything.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #204
Senior Dancer

Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.88
Savings: 181.14
When Manny called me Monday he said they were moving Willow to a hospital
closer to home and that Willow would be able to attend Daryl's services
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 01:41 AM   #205
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Thank you to everyone who continues to post messages here.

It has been stated several times that Willow reads these posts - I pray that our comments are giving her inspiration...

Willow - girl - you and your family are very loved. In the days to come, pull on all of us...

We are all here to offer support in whatever you need....rest, and know that...

Peace.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 AM   #206
Peyote Boy

lil_youngbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Willow and Family

I just wanted to express our deepest condolences to your family. My sister D'yanni and Gwen told us about what happened and we rolled smoke and said a pray on behalf of what occurred. May God bless all of you. You have been in our prays since this happened and we wish the best for you and your family. Take care....Tommie and Family in Albuquerque,NM
lil_youngbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 04:17 AM   #207
Pow Wow Visitor

RainbowandVee is a jewel in the rough
Location: I live in Toppenish, Washington on the Yakama Reservation
Prayers for strength and understanding

Willow and family, our families are continually praying for your health and will continue to pray for some understanding to help ease your mind. Daryl and your baby girl are together and will always be there for you in spirit thus you will be strong with the Creators help as well as from your loved ones that are in heaven. Brandon and Lee be strong, our thoughts and prayers are with you all as well. I will keep reading the threads as well because we know how strength from other families will help the healing process. May the Creator watch over you all.

Rainbow Azure and family
RainbowandVee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #208
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiyaaniiasdzaa
OMG!! that is such a beautiful picture of them - you can just see and actually feel the love she had for him...how sweet!! this is still such sad news...
Old 08-20-2005, 02:06 AM   #209
Senior Dancer

Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.88
Savings: 181.14
If anyone would like a copy of Daryl's memorial folder
let me know and i would be happy to email it to you in a
pdf. file, only thing the file is on my computer at work, and
i wouldnt be able to email it until monday, unless someone else
has one they would like to share....let me know at any of
my email accounts....

Manny sent me an email and said that Willow is home
recuperating...
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #210
>>+<<YESENIA HILL>>+<<

southernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond repute
southernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.05
stay strong and keep your head up

wow i just heard about al of this early this morning and me and my sister freaked out.. we meet willow and daryl at chicago pow wow a few years ago and my sister ce-ce and malia just clicked all i remember is malia calling my sister ce-ce "sister" and all they did was run around every were
willow i am ver sorry to here this we all love you and pray for you and you family just keep strong and remebr that malia and daryl are also with you and thanking you for the love that you had for them......

yesenia hill and family
~michigan
Violets der really blue
Southern Xtreme ur much sweeter than mutton stew

You asked me whose life was more important- yours or mine and I answered "mine" ; you walked away angry not knowing that you are my life

I MY STONEY CREEK BOYZ
southernx_hunnie08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2005, 08:44 PM   #211
Pow Wow Visitor

lilnative_queen49 is an unknown quantity at this point
i ment willow many yrs. back in chicago and her family and they were nothing but nice. when i heard the news i had nothing to say i mean this family was the sweetest family and i just could not even beleive what happen but i wish nothing but the best for you willow and your family. god bless and you are always in my paryers.

nicole dall and family
lilnative_queen49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #212
BeadingDiva

beading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond repute
beading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow How is Young Willow doing and her baby?

some folks got home from idaho recently, saying they had atteneded services. We just had a loss too, my sister in law. i want to know that Willow and her baby are okay! The pictures are so beautiful that are posted here at pow wows, what an exceptional and beautiful legacy. Thank you Willow, for hanging in there. We still say a prayer for you and yours. I mentioned your names at a prayer ceremony we had in these parts last weekend, to keep you in mind! Much strength to you! A "virtual" hug to Willow, and those around her. Beauty all around you, get well soon! The world of pow wow has acquired a whole new color, the beautiful shades of life you added to the rainbow of this pow wow trail!
beading_4_ndnz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #213
Teen Dancer

tanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond reputetanksida has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Dearest Willow and Nakee..

Dearest Wilow..just to let you know how badly we all feel here in SD for your loss...we are all praying for you and your families...there have been prayers sent out at every powwow so far this way and everywhere, that we want you to know how much you and Darryle are thought of...and loved...both "Purdy" and Darryle are now both shining like the brightest of stars in the sky...shining down on you and your loved ones...blessing you in the greatest of ways...may you feel her and Darryle's power and love, to know that they are with you always in spirit and that they would want nothing but the best for you and Nakee..and may you be strong in this time of need...there are soo many prayers being sent to Tunkasila/the Creator for you and your loss...do not give up..whatever you do, you must believe and keep the faith...and know that there are two of the brightest stars in the sky now..looking down on you and yours, wishing you such love, peace and comfort...that you may continue on, to be strong and fight for the love you shall always have from all of your native brothers and sisters all over Indian Country...may you find peace in the knowledge that you and Nakee are loved ever so dearly and that you are thought of in each and every moment of every passing day...I continue to pray for you and your families..that you may be strong like the Creator has made you...and that you will continue to carry on, even when the stars seem dim, may you know that they are shining brighter in the hearts of Native America and every place they have shone...be strong and carry on...and may you be blessed more than the stars in heaven above...we love you...

From all your friends and native brothers and sisters in SD...and all over the world...Mitakuye Oyasin
Old 08-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #214
Tiny Tot Dancer

cosmos will become famous soon enough
Willow:
You are an inspirational woman who has made a difference in people's lives in one way or another. We are all looking at you as a strong woman, mother, sister, friend....The whole powwow country is praying for you and people are even examing how powwows are run. There is a thread on here discussing the importance of ending powwows at a reasonable time. Even though what happened is a sad tragedy we need to stay positive and look at the positive aspects.

I lost my cousin last week and because of what you went through, I want you to know I was able to be strong and handle it. You will always be in my prayers. I hope you and your son have a quick recovery and a blessed life.
cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 07:01 AM   #215
WillaDaKilla

woggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to behold
This is WIllow....I don't know what to say or even how to express the gratitude for all the prayers and support that have come to us....it is hard right now..I still feel like I am in a nightmare, sometimes I dream of Daryl or my baby and when I do it hurts to wake, I feel as if I am waking to a nightmare....we were excited about moving home to Idaho, we wanted many good things for our lives, we cared greatly for our children, I even prayed EVERYDAY...right now I quit asking God "WHY?"....I know I will be blindly searching for an answer...I still cannot comprehend that my family is broken, my heart has been ripped...I try to be strong but still have a hard time each new day....everytime I see my son ..I see my husband or my daughter Maliah..everytime I wake up and have to taken out of bed or carried in a wheelchair to the porch, or taken to the bathroom...I wonder if my life was all dream until now....I cannot even walk, play or hold my son...it hurts..
but knowing that my son is a part of Daryl and a sign of our love helps me each day..I know that I am to be strong for him..he was wide awake and saw all of our bodies strewn across the hiway.....I comfort him the best I can when he gets flashbacks...he cries for his dad and lil sis everyday......but you know all the prayers are what are helping us each new day...thank you all....

the eyewitness described that the truck clipped us after we swerved away......I kept wishing that we didn't leave the powwow that night...Daryl was so excited to be getting a new outfit, and we had a dance special planned...

we felt like we just HAD to get home..We were so excited for our local powwow
.he was wide awake..his daughter just woke up and was munching on cookies...we were all so amazed at our luck at Rocky Boy, we were chatte4ring happily, snuggling, hugging....but it was like GONE, in a flash we went from being the happiest people in the world w/ plans for our future, than CRUSHED .....either way HAD we worn our seatbelts or not there would have been deaths...the opposite people would have died...my son was knocked into a small space and remained in the truck..my body was curled, my little sister was thrown 75ft....we are all alive...my son and sister were sitting where the truck clipped us...their seats were completly crushed.

I encourage you all to travel safely, don't even go 5 miles over as we were
.....just rest, sleep..wear your seatbelts.......live life to the fullest, be kind, be grateful to spend every moment you can w/ your loved ones...dance for those who cannot....This is the first time I read all of your kind words..thank you..I will try to be strong, I will cherish every word from you all...every moment I had w/ my husband and daughter, every moment I now live......my son....I used to tease that I would dance till my legs fell off....well now my legs don't work, I am in a wheelchair..and I am thankful that I did dance and hopefully..that I will dance again someday...you know..I was a "HAIR" from becoming paralyzed for life...and I feel Daryl saved me..we loved one another's dancing....BUT all I can do now is focus on healing and doing the best I can for my son....
AGAIn thank you all the help is deeply appreciated and I in turn will pray for you all...may god bless you and yours......THANK YOU all for being there...
eyelashes: eyelashes:
eyelashes

Last edited by woggs; 08-29-2005 at 07:11 AM..
woggs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #216
meeeeeeeeeeee

Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Willow, many of us have been angry and asking God 'why', too. But there are no easy answers. All I can think of to comfort you at all is that even in death, the love that you and Daryl had for each other lives on. Some of us never know the kind of love you shared: best friends, lovers, soulmates...hold fast to that, Lady. Perhaps right now is too soon for you or your son to wade through the emotional and psychological trauma; it may take more time than learning to walk again, even longer than living without physical pain. But Daryl's love for you is so strong I feel it in your message. When those images come into your mind, reach beyond...it won't be easy...but reach beyond, remember his smile, his happiness...as you mention here talking about his excitement about his new regalia, your new home. Try and focus on the beauty. Perhaps there is something of his, and your daughter's that when you or your son feel despair, something you can touch and hold. Take it in your hands and remember the love, let it wash over you and give you strength. If you need to talk, talk. If your son needs to talk, let him talk. Sometimes those of us who love you may feel helpless and afraid of adding to your pain and hurt, so we may avoid mentioning your baby, your husband. It won't be because we don't care; it's because we care. You may need to tell us it is okay to talk about them; that you would like for us to share our happiest memories of them. Bottom line is, you do what you need to do to get through this. No one can tell you how to grieve or when to be done with it. Take your time; your many friends are here for you and your family. Our prayers will continue for your healing, your son's healing and your sister's. Much love to you...

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #217
To'di'cheeni / Taa'ba'haa

vince_j has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing with us here.

Willow, I appreciate your response and the strength it took to discuss these images of dissaster and final moments with those you have lost.

Please everyone reading here, heed Willows advice and cherish your lives as well as those who show you love.
"We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~
vince_j is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #218
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
your words made me hurt for you as i read them - no one knows your pain but you and your son but i will take your words to heart - we all think we are invinsible or "it won't happen to me/us" but it does/will have to happen to someone...

all i can say to you is - continue to talk/write - don't keep it inside of you...it will help you heal...even start a journal...have your son and yourself see/talk to a grief counsellor or even a trusted Elder...your family

time is only factor here to take into account - time to heal...we all will continue to pray for you for strength to continue on this journey...
Old 08-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #219
Junior Dancer

tradishjingle is a jewel in the rough
Willow, thanks for sharing, my heart goes out to you.
tradishjingle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #220
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 397.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by woggs
Live life to the fullest, be kind, be grateful to spend every moment you can w/ your loved ones...dance for those who cannot....I used to tease that I would dance till my legs fell off....well now my legs don't work, I am in a wheelchair..and I am thankful that I did dance and hopefully..that I will dance again someday...you know..I was a "HAIR" from becoming paralyzed for life...and I feel Daryl saved me..we loved one another's dancing....BUT all I can do now is focus on healing and doing the best I can for my son....

Willow you are such a strong women.....for sharing of how you feel...first of all...I had a lump in my throat from reading your post, and thanx for letting everyone know how your doing because we all luv you and your family. My heart and my prayers are with you. I have never met you before...but I have seen you dance...which you dance so gracefully. I may not know your pain about losing a loved one/partner, but what I do know is....I know how it feels of not being able to use your legs....I myself have been there too (long story short, don't know what happened to me, but I collapsed on the ground in the parking lot, right after my compition and...I couldn't get up) I couldn't use my legs. I was paralyzed...for 2 to 4 months and I ended up in a wheelchair. I'm also a jingle dress dancer, it was "faith and prayers" that got me back up on my feet again, and I didn't let it beat me bcause I went back to the same pw a yr later....and having to experience of being paralyzed...made me look @ life in a whole different way...positive way. And yes, when I wasn't able to use my legs...right after I thought to myself "what am I gonna do now?" I started thinkin' negative, so which was why I had many questions. So when I dance...I dance for those who cannot or for those who are ill, and most of all...I dance for my mother who passed yrs ago, and it feels great when I'm out there jammin' because I know my mom is there...watching, and I know she's proud.
So keep your head up, look straight, don't look back (take the happy memories with you, not the tragedy) and do what you think is best, but most of all.....pray and have faith....because you will be dancing again someday, not only your hubby and daughter will be there in spirit watching you tearin' it up on the floor and makin' them proud, but you will feel them as well, take as much time as you need to heal, there's no rush. Everyone here is...here to help and give comfort. *hugz* May God Bless You And Your Son, And Guide You Along The Way.
Siouxper_Bunz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links