Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 02:45 AM   #241
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RainbowandVee is a jewel in the rough
Location: I live in Toppenish, Washington on the Yakama Reservation
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thanks Willow for sharing your thoughts

Willow, I just have been reading the latest threads and read your thread a moment ago. I really feel your pain for the loss of Daryl and your daughter. I just want to let you know that Daryl was nicest person that truly understood the meaning of caring for those he knew and loved. I watched Daryl grow up and bloosom into the most exciting fancy dancer in the world. I remember seeing Daryl and you with your family a few years back at Usk. I talked with him and we laughed around and had some good chats. I asked him why he didn't go to Rocky Boy. He said and I know that you have family in and around Usk. He respected your family greatly and made many sacrifices for the love of you and your family. I always talked to Daryl every powwow I seen him. I really enjoyed talking about powwows and outfits. I asked him years ago what every happened to his wolf beadwork, he said, "I still have it, it is put away." I told him that I really liked that beadwork and remembered that he made that bead work. I mentioned to him that he should bring that beadwork back out. I seen him many times at recent powwows and he was wearing that beadwork. I always tried to encourage Daryl as much as I could. He was like a little brother to me. I will truly miss him. I remember specifically encouraging Daryl at Rocky Boy five years ago that he is still not as good as he is going to get. I spoke with him and told him to hold his head high and that he will be the best of the best in the very near future. As we all know, he was the best of the best! I admired Daryl for being the hard working man on the dance floor and off the dance floor. I just wanted to let you know Willow that Daryl and I had alot of meaningful talks as we visited each other on the powwow trail. I will always remember the great person he was and his spirit will live on with you and especially your son.
Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery as well as the Jack family. I wanted to share this with you all and let you know that I too think of Daryl everyday. Be strong and ask the Creator for guideance, healing, and direction. Shix Klaawit inmi litsa anaku lippas.

Rainbow
RainbowandVee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #242
powwow goer

sparkeyndnqt is an unknown quantity at this point
my prayers to you and yours Willow

As I have not been able to get on the internet in a while, i have just now read all 17 pages of posts for you Willow! Let me first say that as I read this I cried several times. I am so sorry. I have never had the pleasure to meet you but I can see that I am missing a great honor. Just to read what all have said about your husband and daughter and to see their pictures, especially the one of his smile, one can see how much he loved life. That leads me to believe that it was all due to his love for you and his children.... Willow please know that I will call you and your sons name out in my prayers. It has been a month since the accident but i know that things are still very difficult for you. being the mother of a very sick child i understand that every moment in life with that precious angel is of the greatest value. Just know that she and your hubby is in the greatest place they could ever wish to be. and i am positive that now their only want in life is for you to be happy once again.....And i will pray for that....I pray that you will find peace and joy in your son and the wonderful memories of your beautiful baby and husband.
all my thoughts and love
j. hardin
sparkeyndnqt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #243
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Willow, I have been reading this thread since the very beginning and still don't know what to say. All I know is that you are one strong woman (that is evident by your post and the opinions of those who know you) - the only thing I can say is how sorry I am but I am not going to say that this will get better for you. My father has been dead for 5 years and I still miss and think of him all the time. I hear him call my name, feel his presence when lights come on for no reason and still hear him walk down the hall. Those memories are what keeps me going. I know the loss of a father is nothing to compare to what you lost. I guess the only thing I still can say is I am sorry and you are loved. My mom just cried when I read her your post. She still asks about you and how you are doing. Remember you are loved and we are all here for you.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #244
Senior Dancer

Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.88
Savings: 181.14
HASKELL INDIAN NATIONS UNIVERSITY
Welcome Back Powwow
September 17, 2005
Powwow Grounds
(Coffin Complex, if rain)

Gourd Dancing 5:00 - 700 pm
Grand Entry 7:00 pm
Head Staff
Head Man: Samsoche Sampson
Head WOman: Tashina Azure
Arena Director: Jeremy Shield
Mast of Ceremony: Ruben Littlehead
Host Drums
Northern: TBA
Southern: TBA
COlor Cuard: Haskell Color Guard
Head Gourd Dancer: Allen Redbird
Welcome by Miss Haskell and Haskell Brave
Tiffany Stuart and Elliot Bryant
Student Senate Giveaway
Sponsored by Student Senate and Alumni
Featuring
Men's Fancy Dance Special
In Remembrance of Daryl Jack
1st, 2nd, 3rd place
Tiny Tot Special
In Remembrance of Maliah "Purdee" Jack
Women's Fancy Shawl
Winner Take All
Sponsored by Tashire Azure
Other dance speicals to be announced
Contact Rex, Caleera or Leona if you want to sponsor a contest
Vendor applications available at Tecumseh Hall, or for more information contact:
Rex Cully, Catena Hermasy, Leona Azure at: 785-749-8480
EVENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
This is an alcohol and drug free event sponsored by the Haskell Student Senate
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #245
Junior Dancer

Blue Poet is just really nice
I will be there in Spirit...God bless you all....
Blue Poet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #246
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
I have never been to Haskell, but have read about and heard how Daryl and Willow would walk together and share so much at this school. What an incredible honor...I got chills reading about it - bless you all. I will say many prayers for this pow-wow - a good day to have it too - Sept. 17 - good day.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #247
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki
HASKELL INDIAN NATIONS UNIVERSITY
Welcome Back Powwow
September 17, 2005
Powwow Grounds
(Coffin Complex, if rain)

Gourd Dancing 5:00 - 700 pm
Grand Entry 7:00 pm
Head Staff
Head Man: Samsoche Sampson
Head WOman: Tashina Azure
Arena Director: Jeremy Shield
Mast of Ceremony: Ruben Littlehead
Host Drums
Northern: TBA
Southern: TBA
COlor Cuard: Haskell Color Guard
Head Gourd Dancer: Allen Redbird
Welcome by Miss Haskell and Haskell Brave
Tiffany Stuart and Elliot Bryant
Student Senate Giveaway
Sponsored by Student Senate and Alumni
Featuring
Men's Fancy Dance Special
In Remembrance of Daryl Jack
1st, 2nd, 3rd place
Tiny Tot Special
In Remembrance of Maliah "Purdee" Jack
Women's Fancy Shawl
Winner Take All
Sponsored by Tashire Azure
Other dance speicals to be announced
Contact Rex, Caleera or Leona if you want to sponsor a contest
Vendor applications available at Tecumseh Hall, or for more information contact:
Rex Cully, Catena Hermasy, Leona Azure at: 785-749-8480
EVENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
This is an alcohol and drug free event sponsored by the Haskell Student Senate
Just wanted to get this pow-wow back on first page for this weekend.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-17-2005, 02:22 AM   #248
Pow Wow Visitor

RainbowandVee is a jewel in the rough
Location: I live in Toppenish, Washington on the Yakama Reservation
Smile Haskell Powwow contestants

My name is Rainbow Azure, I am an old school fancy dancer and friends of the Jacks and Abrahamson families. I just want to send good blessings to the fancy dancers who will be participating in this special for Daryl. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all. Also, for the daughters special as well. May the Creator watch over you all.
RainbowandVee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #249
Arena Director

For anyone who is going to Haskell today, Willow posted a message, and I wanted to be sure that it got seen...

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...5&page=2&pp=15

Here it is...

A message to Haskell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I cannot attend the Honoring at Haskell this weekend, here is my message, along w/ the message will be a slide show containing pictures from Daryl and Maliah's time here on our mother earth..
I am not a very good writer and cannot articulate my thoughts and feelings in writing well either....but this message I share w/ all of you who can and cannot make the event.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y68/smokinmoccasins/
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/smokinmoccasins
http://profiles.yahoo.com/smokinmoccasins
or go to view my photos on the profile

Bu nah! Greetings, first of all I would like to thank all the people who have kept my family in their prayers. On behalf of Nakeezaka and the rest of us here in Fort Hall, we are Truly grateful that you all are taking this time to honor the memories of my belated daughter Maliah Morningstar Jack (6-15-2001,
4 yrs. old), and my husband Daryl Dewayne Jack (5-27-1980, 25 yrs.old). We were honored to have been welcomed by all of those who had touched our lives while we dwelled in Lawrence and attended Haskell.

Many of you here knew us or seen us all on campus, my little family of four, Daryl, Maliah, myself, and Nakeezaka. We spent 3 years here and enjoyed every moment. When we struggled to keep up with our studies or deal with our family life, many of you encouraged us to keep going. I have many wonderful memories of my husband and daughter as we lived here. We would often try to sneak our children to class or take turns caring for them as we both were full-time students. My husband and daughter were often seen walking across campus, or my two children were often seen playing outside near the gazebo. We were always dancing at every little powwow on campus or off. My husband enjoyed all the friendships he had w/ many of you. My daughter liked to go to class or campus with us, she also had her own little friends (local children, families, faculty, staff and even students). Thank you all for being so kind to us.

After our 2005 spring semester my husband and I decided to move closer to our home Ft. Hall, Idaho and continue our education there. We both agreed that our children needed to be near their family and elders as they would need to learn alot from them and carry on our cultural traditions. We stopped in at Manny King's office on Aug. 1, and asked if he would help us pack a U-haul, along w/ Myron Dewey, Brian Yazzie and his lil family..My husband and I felt sad to be leaving a place that was so good to us, I remember crying as we left the town.

On Thursday of Aug. 4, after my family and I finally made it back to Ft. Hall, we quickly threw our belongings in storage as we were excited to go to a powwow in Rocky Boy Montana later that night. We enjoyed our weekend in Rocky Boy and even won championships!! We were so excited to get home after the powwow to share the good luck with our family. But tragically on the morning of August 8, at approx 7:30 am on our way home, we were clipped by a semi truck......
My beautiful baby Maliah became an angel that morning(4), my son Nakeezaka (6) was a miracle and came out of a TOTALLED truck w/ only a black eye, my youngest sister Leela Abrahamson (14) had head trauma and needed immediate neuro surgery, I cracked three vertebraes, cracked and broke many bones in my pelvic region and was almost scalped (I needed facial reconstructive surgery, along w/ plates to stabilize my broken bones), But, Daryl had numerous injuries which were very FATAL and remained on life support and comatose for four days...until his body and spirit joined his beautiful and very beloved daughter Maliah the night after her funeral, on August 12th.

As we all mourn this loss in our Haskell community, I would like you all to cherish the memories we all shared. I felt as if my heart has been ripped apart, I still am trying to accept what life has set before my son and I. We want you all to know that it is okay to cry, as we also cry with you. My son is dealing with his own feelings everyday, he always asks why his daddy and baby sister had to die, so I tell him that they had to go and help our Creator watch over all the people of the world, as they are now angels and will always take care of us. I tell him that he can still talk to them in prayer or whenever, because even though he cannot see them, they are still with us.

Right now we are still trying to cope with our new situation day by day, my son is attending 1st grade, and I am recovering from my injuries and remain in a wheelchair and neck-brace for the time being. I know that I need to be strong for my son and raise him in a way that will make his father and sister proud. It's hard but I am trying my best, with the help of my family and friends. I just want to thank you all for your love, kindness and prayers.

Ironically,As many people have come forward to share kind words and show their compassion and share the sorrow, I feel a sign was sent from the Creator and the spirits of Daryl and Perdy's....as Maliah was set to rest and Daryl followed his baby on Aug. 12...one month later a medicine man from the other half of the world, His HOLINESS the DALAI LAMA, heard of our tragedy and requested a private audience w/ my son and family so that he could bless my baby boy.

So on Monday Sept. 12, my family and I traveled to Hailey, Idaho to hear his address to the children of the world about COMPASSION and HEALING....and it was so astonishing because from many people Compassion has been shown to us, even here in Lawrence, and from all these beautiful prayers, it has aided in healing our emotional pain and sorrow, and I also believe all of the love, prayers and compassion that others have shared with us has also helped w/ our physical healing as well.
When the Dalai Lama blessed us we bestowed him w/ traditional gifts of sweet-grass. a pendleton blanket and a beaded medallion w/ a morningstar design, (Nakee also gave him a photo of his daddy and lil sister) to show him our gratitude. During the blessing the Dalai Lama embraced my son and I, and than he touched my head as I wept and told me that "Everything will be okay"....I was so amazed by the presence of this TRULY kind and spiritual man ( who is a symbol of love and compassion) that my tears flowed, not only because it felt overwhelming, but because I knew it was a sign....Daryl and Maliah (Perdy's) were telling us that they are watching over us, and that we can cherish their memories because they are okay as we will be okay too.....I feel that they wanted to show us all that they loved us soo much that they sent this truly spiritual man that symbolizes Love for many, WORLDWIDE! ....maybe to show us that love and caring can be shared and can permeate from the spirit world to this world. So, please know that love has no boundaries, and that caring, compassion and sharing will help mend the wound left by those who have passed on.

Again I just want you all to cherish all of your families and friends, love your children every second, enjoy every moment w/ your loved ones..and be thankful for this beautiful life we all share here on earth...
Thank you for honoring the memory of Maliah and Daryl...they are ever present and thank you for taking time out to pray for my family...all of your prayers are very powerful...
With Love and Respect,
Willow and Nakeezaka Jack
OOSE!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 09-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #250
Soar like an Eagle

Whispering Eagle has a spectacular aura about
Willow,
You are so strong, I could not help but cry through you message. I do not know you or your family but have been praying for you. My heart is with you as you recover and life goes on with your precious son. Yes, Maliah and Daryl will always be with you...forever. Just know the Creator is taking good care of them! I will continue to pray for your family.

Whispering Eagle
Whispering Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2005, 03:11 AM   #251
Pow Wow Visitor

outtadaloop is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by outtadaloop; 09-27-2005 at 10:26 PM..
outtadaloop is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #252
Pow Wow Visitor

windwalkerboy is an unknown quantity at this point
willow our thoughts and prays r with u
your friends in leech lake minn
windwalkerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #253
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Hear from Willow about the accident and how her recovery is coming on the latest episode of PowWowCast:

http://www.powwowcast.com
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links