Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #121
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ceremony for Darryl tonight!

Brother, a group of us are having ceremony for you tonight. When that flap closes we will lift up our voices in prayer for your healing. Feel our strength, our love; and look for the Light! Walk towards the Light!
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #122
Island Girl

Wiky Chick is on a distinguished road
Stunning news... this tragedy. I want to extend my sympathies to the Jack Family. I don't know the family personally, but always admired their devotion to each other.

I remember the first time we seen them at Schemitzun. I thought that it was really neat that Willow was literally cheering on Darryl during his contest ("GO DARRYL!! WHOOO!!") My nephew was dancing in teen fancy then and we sat and watched Darryl's contest. What an awesome dancer! We were fans after that!

I shared the sad news with my nephew tonite. We want to let the family know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Alanna & Graham
and the Trudeau Family
Wikwemikong
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #123
Mean People Suck!!

~Jingle Pejuta~ is a splendid one to behold~Jingle Pejuta~ is a splendid one to behold~Jingle Pejuta~ is a splendid one to behold
I was really saddened and shocked to hear of this news. Willow I am so sorry for you hurt and pain. I too offer my condolences to you for the loss of your daughter. I wish you and Darryl a quick recovery. I look forward to seeing you in the future on the trail.

AmberDawn
~Jingle Pejuta~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 12:40 AM   #124
Let's Dance!!

Tradish_Mom has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 170.00
Just heard the news

So saddened to hear such a tragedy. Never really met the family personally but knew of them from back home. They are both great dancers... and from what i have seen .. great parents.
Our condolences are sent to the family. Ladybird stay strong... as darryl will continue to recover ... purdee is in heaven now and looking out for everyone during this trying time.
God Bless...
Callin' Eagle family... Window Rock, AZ.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #125
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
im sorry to hear about this... i do not know the families but they are good examples of how families should be..could be...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 03:07 AM   #126
Pow Wow Visitor

powwow_jingle is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry is not enough.....

I am from the Okanogan 'Colville' Tribe and I would like to express my sympathy to the Abrahamson/Jack family. I don't know these guys personally but have seen them dance for years and admire the devition that they have for dance and for eachother and as well as their family. I am at a loss for words because I too have lost a child and know the feelings that this family will endure, it is painful to go through and your never the same. I danced all my life up until this happend to me and I tried to rejoin the dance circle once but never came back since. I just hope and pray that Willow and Daryl and all who are affected can have peace in their heart and know that their little angel is shining down on them. These are just words I know and I know that I'm sorry isn't enough but just know that there is a someone and others out there that share the pain you have and to know we think about others who must go through this pain we carry too. I will be sending a card/letter to your family soon - - again, this is so hard to go through and time will heal the pain, I pray for a fast recovery and for your spirits to be uplifted in this time of need for you. Take care and God bless, Shelly Butler
Old 08-12-2005, 03:57 AM   #127
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
Willow is the sweetest person.
I was so sad to hear this news because Willow and Darryl are such great people.

I pray that things improve with Darryl

My condolences go out to the Jack family.

Stay strong!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #128
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
update?

Does anyone know how Darryl is doing or what really happened with the accident?
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #129
Notoriou'sly'

La + * Mom is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 180.00
With Sincerest Condolences...

...and some words of inspiration:

Grief is like a river,
You have to let it flow,
but you, youself determine
just where the bank will go.

Some days the current takes you
in waves of guilt and pain,
but there are always quiet pools
where you can rest again.

You crash on rocks of anger;
your faith seems faint indeed,
but there are other swimmers
who know that what you need.

Loving hands are there to hold you
when the waters are too swift,
and someone kind to listen
when you just seem to drift.

Grief's river is a process
of relinquishing the past.
By swimming in hope's channels,
You'll reach the shore at last.

Our thoughts and prayers are with these families. ~
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #130
Pow Wow Visitor

zeroman_005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh i am so sorry to hear of your great loss Willow, I have never met you in my life, but I feel so sad for you and your children. Please remember, that when you decide to get back on the pow wow trail, that we as pow wow people are there by your side even if we don't know you, we are still there offering our prayers and our help for whatever you may need.
This is a hard time, and I do hope that you continue on the pow wow trail, I understand that it will be hard for you, but we are all a big family, and we will support you.
On behalf of my sons Justin St.John and Philip"baby-gee"St.John, we are expressing our condolences to you and your children for your big loss of your husband, and your baby girl.
May God Bless You Willow Jack - We will pray for you every night - and send our love to you and your family.
Take care my girl

Irene McArthur,
Justin St.John
Philip "Baby Gee" St.John
zeroman_005 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #131
Tiny Tot Dancer

Amandajoy is a jewel in the rough
more loss and sadness.

got word earlier this am that darryl went with his baby girl lots of prayers Willow and the Jack family. let us know where the services will be...May Creator have pity on you all in your time of sadness and great loss.
Amandajoy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #132
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tactyl has a spectacular aura about
I can't think of anything more to say that hasn't already been said, but I did want to post my sincerest condolences and best wishes to this family. My daughter and I have been traveling on the circuit this summer right along side the Jack family and even though we do not personally know them, this has come as shocking and tragic news.

For the family and friends of the Jacks - please know that you are all in our hearts and prayers. We pray for courage for you as well as full and speedy recoveries.

And for the rest of our powwow families out there - please be careful. We pray for safe travels for all.

Also, if anyone has information about the fund that has been set up for the Jack family, can you please post? Thanks.
Tactyl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #133
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactyl
Also, if anyone has information about the fund that has been set up for the Jack family, can you please post? Thanks.
There is another thread with that information.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #134
Queen of My Own Universe

Takin' Numbers is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30.00
I had the honor and privilege during Schemitzun one year to sit next to the Abhramson’s for the powwow weekend. What a kind, generous and beautiful family they were then…and it is obvious that Willow and Darryl created a family of their own that has touched the hearts of so many - both before and since this terrible tragedy. The power of love can do amazing healing - and with so much outpouring of love and prayers sent to this family, I know it will give them the strength to make it past this terrible time of loss.

There just aren’t words to express how sorry I am for the pain that all of you are going through - my heart is broken. You are in my prayers now, and for the difficult days to come. I hope you are comforted by the many wonderful memories of happier times.

Elizabeth Hupert and Family
Takin' Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #135
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Is there any information on where the services for Daryl will be?...
RainyDaze49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #136
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
with all the crazeeeee info going back and forth.....izzzzzz it true?

Posted 8/12/2005 6:07 AM (#182987)
Subject: WILLOW NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS

DARYL PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING... WE WILL MISS HIM AND MILIAH.... WILLOW WANTS EVERYONE TO PRAY FOR HIM..... ITS GOING TO BE HARD FOR WILLOW ON THE ROAD AHEAD.. SHE'S GOING TO NEED ALL THE LOVE SHE CAN GET. ALL THE SUPPORT SHE CAN GET. HE'S GOING TO BE MISSED BY ALL OF HIS POWWOW FAMILY AROUND THE COUNTRY.. I KNOW HE TOACHED ALOT OF LIVES WITH HIS GIFTS. THEY WERE A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG FAMILY WHO LOST ALOT.... ALSO SEND YOUR PRAYERS TO DARYLS FAMILY FOR STRENGTH.... HE'S GOING TO BE DEEPLY MISSED....

Edited by lil_wayne 8/12/2005 6:10 AM --NDN SPORTS.COM

Gosh, I hope its not.......... please update

And does anyone know how to get a hold of the family to send condolences??? We can't make it up there for any of the services but would like to send a card/flowers or something. Let us know....please

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
npathstvl@gmail.com
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 02:03 PM   #137
Pow-wow Goer

p_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond reputep_town_mami has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah
And does anyone know how to get a hold of the family to send condolences??? We can't make it up there for any of the services but would like to send a card/flowers or something. Let us know....please
There is a thread at the beginning of Powwow talk that gives all the addresses you can send things to...

Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off,
kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or
behaving like one.
p_town_mami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #138
hinuksku_75

buttercup_752000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Information On The Jack Family

We would like to send Willow all of are most heartfelt condolences. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. And you will be in our prayers.
We would like to send flowers and money. If at all possible we would like to talk to you in person and pray with you over the phone. I know that you might not have time for that right now, but eventually we would like to have a prayers service for you and your family. Maybe if you get a chance to come back down this way we can set that up.
My friend and I would like to open our house to you in case you ever need to get away. We are here in Black River Falls, WI. You and darryl stayed at our house before during pow-wow time.I would just like to again say that We are so sorry about your loss.If there is anyone that has a number that we can make contact with Willow, that would be greatly appreciated. Would someone please email me the info I need?

Last edited by buttercup_752000; 08-12-2005 at 03:39 PM..
buttercup_752000 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #139
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
I just got off the phone with Manny King who is up there with the family. Darryl passed away early this morning after hanging in there as long as he could. The family is still making the arrangements.

I can't put into words the sorrow I feel for Willow and her son for their loss. Darryl was such a good daddy and husband, and Purdy was a little angel. My husband and I were blessed to be friends with them and worked with them closely here at Haskell both as counselor and instructor. My husband got to know their children very well as Darryl and Willow would bring them to his classes. Purdy was his little buddy. My husband and I felt a deep affection for the family, and it was nice to see them here all week and then on the powwow trail as well. They were both such good students and so involved in activities down here. It was a common sight to see Darryl and Willow walking across campus holding hands and they always had their children with them.

I feel sick at heart over what Willow is going through and what is ahead of her. Willow, you have been in our prayers since we first heard of the accident, and you will continue to be in our prayers in all the days to come. I know there is nothing we can say that will bring you comfort, but we pray that God brings you comfort, brings you peace one day, and know that Darryl and Purdy are with Him.

Love and Prayers,

Joe and Shelley Bointy
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #140
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Shelley, thank you for your note...

Godspeed Brother Darryl, you and Purdy rest easy. So many friends will be there for your lovely bride and family. We'll comfort Willow the best we can. Send her your strength as she holds fast to precious memories the two of you share. Just wait and see, one day it will be your son out there tearing it up in the arbor; and he'll be dancing for YOU! In the meantime, WE'LL dance--for Naki, for Willow, for Purdy AND for you! We carry you in our hearts, rest Brother, rest.
Sponsored Links