Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #161
Soar like an Eagle

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Whispering Eagle has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Yes, Pam TrueHummingBird, it was my understanding that they were originally taken to the Butte Hospital. How long they will stay there, I do not know. I am frustrated as I am on the East coast and even though I pray for them all the time, I wish I could do more....Y'all that can help them...please do!

Whispering Eagle
Whispering Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #162
BeadingDiva

beading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond repute
beading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond reputebeading_4_ndnz has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Where will Willow's husband be buried at?

Was he Navajo? Will the funeral be in Fort Hall?
I think the posts indicated that Willow still has the two other children with her in Butte? I hope they have family and friends present with her their to help out with her babies! I used to work for a medical equipement company, my old boss used to get dirt cheap hosp beds and wot not! How is Willow supposed to travel to Fort Hall, I'm not even sure what kind of medical condition she's in right now, I'd hate to see her in pain on her way to Fort Hall from Butte. I hope she's got good medical coverage too!
I think the posts are also indicating that there is to be a sun rise ceremony, is that this coming up Tuesday? What date would that be exactly?Thats kinda a jogs distance from where we're at too.............
I hope Willow and her children hang in there!
Thanks posters!
True
beading_4_ndnz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #163
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by beading_4_ndnz
Was he Navajo? Will the funeral be in Fort Hall?
I think the posts indicated that Willow still has the two other children with her in Butte? I hope they have family and friends present with her their to help out with her babies! I used to work for a medical equipement company, my old boss used to get dirt cheap hosp beds and wot not! How is Willow supposed to travel to Fort Hall, I'm not even sure what kind of medical condition she's in right now, I'd hate to see her in pain on her way to Fort Hall from Butte. I hope she's got good medical coverage too!
I think the posts are also indicating that there is to be a sun rise ceremony, is that this coming up Tuesday? What date would that be exactly?Thats kinda a jogs distance from where we're at too.............
I hope Willow and her children hang in there!
Thanks posters!
True
If you read through all the posts you'll note that Willow only has one child left, her son. Their daughter was killed and died that Monday morning. The other name you've seen, Leela, is Willow's younger sister...

The funeral for Darryl is at Sunrise Tuesday morning in Idaho where his daughter was buried Thursday. Until the Neurosurgeon in Butte releases Willow to a physician in Idaho she isn't going anywhere. She also isn't ambulatory (walking)on her own with her crushed pelvis, hip and cervical injuries. She needs transport of some kind. She will have months of physical therapy ahead to get walking again.
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2005, 03:24 AM   #164
Aint Dat Sumptin?

Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Yeah I talked to her on the phone the other day...Just broke my heart and brought up old feelins. I was in the same situation five years ago this past thursday. On the SAME road, I-15 and I was in the same hospital in butte. I talked to her, and tried to be of some help. I can't even begin to TRY and understand the way she feels....I dont have a spouse or children. So i'm not gonna try and fake it and pretend azzif I know what thats like. All I can do is pray for her and her family. I've known Willow for a long time. She's always got a smile on her face. Darryl and Maliah will be GREATLY missed. I'll continue to pray for the fam, and especially healing and strength for my good friend Willow and her son.

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."
Dat1NdnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2005, 04:12 AM   #165
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
I was deeply saddened to hear that this tragedy happened to such good people. My family and I have been praying for Willow and her family. I can not even fathom what they are going through right now but hope they take comfort in knowing that so many people across ndn country are holding them in their thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by Ruby 2sday; 08-14-2005 at 04:15 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #166
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
Navajo (Dine')

Beading_4_ndnz: To reply to your question, yes Daryl was Navajo (Dine') from White Cone, AZ.

Does anyone really know what happened with the accident? Any new clippings or news you can share?
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #167
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2...s/briefs02.txt

as requested by those of you who just heard the tragic news. please note, this article from the Pocatello journal and published Friday, used the erroneous Montana Standard article as its original source. Other than that, it gives some newer information.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:27 AM   #168
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Thank you for keeping this board updated.

There were many at the pow-wow in DC that expressed their prayers and thought concerning the Jack Family. It was overwhelming - watching Grand Entry and looking into the vast sea of all of our beautiful people...and knowing that this family was there in spirit...so many good thoughts were being felt there concerning them..

We are continuing to keep the Jack family in our prayers...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #169
Straight Dancer

SouthernNDN is an unknown quantity at this point
jack family

I was also here in D.C. for National Powwow. The entire weekend the family was in everyone's prayers. Friday a song was sung, and person's shed their tears. I know I did.

I continue to pray, as I am sure everyone else has.
SouthernNDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #170
Teen Dancer

nativemom has a reputation beyond repute
nativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond reputenativemom has a reputation beyond repute
I attended Little Shell pw on Saturday evening in New Town, ND. The committee had a song sung for the family and they raised over $700 for Willow and her family. It is still a shock to know that this happened. Willow, Ladybird and family, my deepest condolences.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #171
Pow Wow Visitor

v_star4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah-a-teh. I am a close relative of Daryl Jack on his father's side. I've been reading some of the postings and appreciate everyone's supporting words.

I regret to inform everyone that we also lost Daryl early Friday morning. His services will be held at Fort Hall, Idaho; Tuesday, August 16, 2005.

The Jacks, P.O. Box 208, Fort Hall, Idaho 83203.

We will miss Daryl and Maliah. Our prayers go out to Willow and Nakezaka.
v_star4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #172
PowWows.com Addicts

Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,042.85
I just learned about Daryl's passing. Willow, I am so sorry for your losses. I do not know you and your family or what you are going through but please know that I have your family in my thoughts. Live your life day to day for yourself and for your son. Please know that all of us across Indian Country are here for you if you ever need us and we'll do what we can to help you in your time of grief.

G. Susan Meshigaud
Hannahville Indian Community
Wilson, MI
Old 08-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #173
To'di'cheeni / Taa'ba'haa

vince_j has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_star4
Yah-a-teh. I am a close relative of Daryl Jack on his father's side. I've been reading some of the postings and appreciate everyone's supporting words.

I regret to inform everyone that we also lost Daryl early Friday morning. His services will be held at Fort Hall, Idaho; Tuesday, August 16, 2005.
V_Star4, my condolences to you and your extended family. Have a safe trip up to ID.
"We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~
vince_j is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #174
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
A song was sung at Harbor Springs, Mi. at the powwow. They raised over $1000.00.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #175
Junior Dancer

DANTS is a name known to all
Savings: 263.90
When we found out what kind of shape Daryl was in we prayed for a miracle. Even though our prayers weren't quite answered the way we had hoped, we should find comfort in knowing he will be on the other side with Maliah. He will be there to watch over her. Sometimes it's difficult to understand the Creator's plan. In the discouragement we might grow bitter and angry, because someone like Daryl was taken so early....seemingly way too early. Then if we take a step back and look at all the good things he brought, we can thank the Creator for sending Daryl to us---- to give us more in the 20 some years, than some will give in a 100 or more. In short---- it is better that Daryl came to us and was taken suddenly..... than to not have come at all. I thank the Creator for the privilege and honor it has been having Daryl for a Brother and a friend. I will never forget the beautiful gift of dance and the inspiration and motivation that it gives me to pass on to generations to come.
DANTS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #176
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
Thanks for the clip and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soohkiisimsstaan
http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2...s/briefs02.txt

as requested by those of you who just heard the tragic news. please note, this article from the Pocatello journal and published Friday, used the erroneous Montana Standard article as its original source. Other than that, it gives some newer information.
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #177
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTS
When we found out what kind of shape Daryl was in we prayed for a miracle. Even though our prayers weren't quite answered the way we had hoped, we should find comfort in knowing he will be on the other side with Maliah. He will be there to watch over her. Sometimes it's difficult to understand the Creator's plan. In the discouragement we might grow bitter and angry, because someone like Daryl was taken so early....seemingly way too early. Then if we take a step back and look at all the good things he brought, we can thank the Creator for sending Daryl to us---- to give us more in the 20 some years, than some will give in a 100 or more. In short---- it is better that Daryl came to us and was taken suddenly..... than to not have come at all. I thank the Creator for the privilege and honor it has been having Daryl for a Brother and a friend. I will never forget the beautiful gift of dance and the inspiration and motivation that it gives me to pass on to generations to come.
Thank you for your words. I know I've been angry with the Creator ever since this happened. I know that was wrong, too. As you said, we will never forget the gifts we received just having Darryl for the short time we did.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #178
SNAGNOMETRY 101

1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute1badazzndn has a reputation beyond repute
As a young man in this powwow world, There are many people that I look up to. Darryl and Willow are two of them, both successful dancers as well as a successful family. Too many times at powwows do you see single parents where moms or dads aint there to lead and encourage their children. I always said to myself when I saw them "this is what I want to be like in a few years" Always happy, respectul, and setting an example for their children and many others, including me. I would like to share my deepest condolences to the families who will mourn their losses. I pray that they may find comfort in so many of us who have expressed our feelings. We will all be continuing to pray for Willow & son.

Alex Alvarez & the Medicine Tail Singers
1badazzndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #179
*206*

LiLT206 has a reputation beyond repute
LiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond reputeLiLT206 has a reputation beyond repute
I've only talked to Willow once, about when I was telling her she was in a muesem in Tacoma, and Willow seemed like a very nice person. Willow, I hope you and your son can make it through this hard time, and prayers are going to you and your son, and your sister.
LiLT206 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #180
Junior Dancer

Blodge_singa_4_life is a jewel in the rough
words can only say soo much...

we can only say so much on line....i wish i can be there in person to tell you how dearly me and my family are sorry...for the lost....it is a sad thing....mainly because everyone new how greatful of a family you guys was....there was no people out there in pow wow land who didnt like you guys...you are a very happy go round family..and it sucks that something so stupid had to happen to a good family like you guys...but there is only one thing that can you guys do..and it is to stay strong and pick up from where you left off from...it is a hard thing..but after you continue on with life...you guys will know we will all meet the two loved ones again...but it isnt the time...
i remember meeting dayrl and willow before they got together...they was so funny and great people...i was gald they got to meet eachother and started there little family...and of what they have left of the memories....will hold them strong and keep doing what purdy's and dayrl wants them to do....as for nekki and willow...keep going on with life because thats what dayrl and purdy's wants you guys to do....if you guys are sad...it hurts dayrl to see you guys sad...so i hope what we all say can help you out as much as we can...but i know it would be a lot better in person...to be there with the family...willow and nekki and summer we love you dearly and will do anything to help you guys out...

To the Jack family...ive knowen these guys for a long time now..and i know how they feel..and it isnt the best feeling in the word to lose a loved one...the Jack family is another great example on how family's should be...as far as i can remember..they was always there to support Dayrl...on his winnings...on his dancing's....his peyote singing....his singing at pow wows...Lady Bird and Lee Sr. was the best mother and father to Dayrl...i just hope they will stay strong and continue to raise Dine, Brando, Lee, Prarie Rose, Sage, and there two other kids....i know they had herd this a lot...but like i said..i wish me and my family was there to tell you guys this in person...words can only say so much..but it is better to be in person....I pray for Lee and Brando as we all know...we always seen them at pow wows together...Prarie Rose that wore Dayrl's material work *Jingle dress*..again i would like to pray for the Jack family...and hope to see the family soon so i can be there for them

I'd also like to take this moment to remember how talented Dayrl was...he done a lot of stuff out there for him and his family and friends...He will never be forgotten with me and the family....he has accomplished a lot in life..and now all we can do is wait until the time we will be able to see Dayrl and Purdy's....i know they are in goos hands...Dayrl has left so he can take care of Purdy's....all we can do is pray and pray that they will be safe....We will Miss you Dayrl and Prudy's..

Summer, Willow..i am sorry we couldnt make it...we had some troubles...with my mom not getting off work and stuff..but willow and Summer..i want to let you know i will always be here for you...and if you need someone to talk to...i will always be here for you...you guys know my number..Lots of Love to Willow and Summer and Nekki

Sheena, Judy, Monte LeGarde
Blodge_singa_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links