Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Richmond Results! Richmond Results!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BlackHorseButte is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndneyez
Hater! Must be "puzzled" because he didn't get in there! Typical!......lol

Nah, he ain't a hater. Just giving an opinion. I kinda have to agree with him. I too was puzzled at the results.
BlackHorseButte is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #22
Pow Wow Visitor

yeaYEAblahBLAH is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking at the winners, i dont see what the confusion/puzzlement is about.... looks like some good dancers were there, then i again i dont know who else was there that might have been more deserving... other people seemed to have had a good time... but i guess there will always be those few who have to bring down a powwow. So, please BlackHorseButte and Cloud9one explain your discrepencies with the powwow/results or whatever.. Clearly you want someone to hear you out, otherwise you would have kept your comments and snide remarks to yourself. So since you started to express yourself, you might as well as finish it.
yeaYEAblahBLAH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #23
Teen Dancer

ndneyez is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawning
Anddddd...The Cutest Couple AWARD Goes toooooo...

*drum roll*

Melissa M. and Andy G.

It was soo cute to see you two back there beading together....what a guy lol. hope everyone had fun because i know i did. I miss my sissy's already. It was good seeing everyone and "Here we come TORONTO" (hopefully if all works the way i want it too) See ya'll there....
I didn't think you were really going to do it!....lol Can't forget about Sheena though.....the three of us made a good team
Can't wait for you to come up here to the North for T.O. Hopefully it all works out for you and we can hang out again. It was fun!
ndneyez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #24
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Nish
I know man... ndneyez had her lil' sweat shop goin' right behind us. LOL... Sheena and Andy all beading away!!! I could see them all stressin' out... and u watchin' over them... jkz... BUT atleast ya got it done... it was very prettyful. :)

I ain't no nerd!!
Yes, they love me Those are two of my favorite people there! They did a good job......I was very impressed at their work

And yes......you are a nerd
Old 11-17-2005, 09:29 PM   #25
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorseButte
Nah, he ain't a hater. Just giving an opinion. I kinda have to agree with him. I too was puzzled at the results.
Results are results....nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
I think it's funny how some people are so brave online but in person they're nothing but handshakes & smiles!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 AM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

cece_ND is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaYEAblahBLAH
Looking at the winners, i dont see what the confusion/puzzlement is about.... looks like some good dancers were there, then i again i dont know who else was there that might have been more deserving... other people seemed to have had a good time... but i guess there will always be those few who have to bring down a powwow. So, please BlackHorseButte and Cloud9one explain your discrepencies with the powwow/results or whatever.. Clearly you want someone to hear you out, otherwise you would have kept your comments and snide remarks to yourself. So since you started to express yourself, you might as well as finish it.
To yeaYEAblahBLAH: I have been reading this thread and didn't hear any snide remarks so far, just opinions. You seem to be getting very upset in your reply so, I am assuming your part of the commitee. (No hard feelings)

As a spectator and long time pow-wow supporter, I too was a little suprised about the winners. Now days,these events are usually about who you know and not how you dance anymore. In my time it was about pow-wow etiquette and dance. Don't get me wrong, all the winners are great dancers but theres always those selected few that place when they know they shouldn't. (shame on them becuase what goes around comes around)
cece_ND is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #27
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
What comes around does go around - that is for sure...and because of that - I can't wait until next year!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! One thing that no one has mentioned yet...the vendors this year were off the hook....come on - tell the truth - I so more people buying beads this year than ever before....I mean - it totally rocked....

Good job on vendor selection Barry - I have told that to your face, but wanted to say it again...bravo.

I thought all the dancers were awesome and having watched this pow-wow grow, thought it was one of the best years ever!!!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #28
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece_ND
As a spectator and long time pow-wow supporter, I too was a little suprised about the winners. Now days,these events are usually about who you know and not how you dance anymore. In my time it was about pow-wow etiquette and dance. Don't get me wrong, all the winners are great dancers but theres always those selected few that place when they know they shouldn't. (shame on them becuase what goes around comes around)
Wow! Shame on the dancer huh? That sounds a little harsh to me. I guess I thought winners were determined by those that judge them and how the point system works. I didn't know we as dancers had any say in if we place or not, we simply dance and are at the mercy of the judges. Maybe your hostility should be aimed at the head judge (for picking the judges) and the pow-wow committee (point system). So when you say "what goes around comes around"......"placing when they know they shouldn't" is more puzzling to me than any other comment in this thread. This is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

With that said.....I had a very good time at this pow-wow. It was good to see all of my old friends and even better to meet new ones. I think the committee did a great job! And yes ACE, the vendors were pretty good. I know I left with my share of beads and supplies! Until next time...everybody take care and be safe in your travels!!

Oh yeah.....congrats to all the winners! You all deserved it!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #29
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNQt

Men's Grass
1st - Robert Blake
2nd - Josh Richardson
3rd - Osceola Red Shirt
Wait a min....so did Osceola dance Grass??? I gotta give respect to this fella for tryin new dance styles.....good for you Osceola!

We really wanted to be there....we thought about you guys all wknd & even called a few peeps just to see what was goin on.....it felt so strange NOT being there. But because of some recent happenings we weren't able to attend.....thought about you guys tho & really missed everyone....hope to see you guys down the road! Congrats to all the winners!

Way to go Melissa & Crystal....would've been great to see you gals! safe travels down the trail
Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #30
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Buck - you and Anna were soooo missed!!!! But it was an awesome pow-wow and I know we will all see you again real soon!!! Be blessed and everyone have a great Thanksgiving! Happy trails to you....until...we meet....again....ah yeah!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

cece_ND is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't mean to offend anyone! Basically, it comes down to pow-wow etiquette. If you know that dancers or are good friends with the dancers than you should pull yourself out as a judge. But if you are one of the dancers who place and knows you didn't compete fairly than yes shame on them and/or judges. As far as point systems goes, there are those selected few that won't particiapte (grand entry, inter-tribals, 2-step, etc) but still place. As an observer, I would have like to see more dancers dancing not just sitting around. All the regalias were so beautiful and would have like to see dancers "moves". For the money they receive they should be dancing all weekend not just one/two songs for competition.

My comments are just that my comments. Don't mean to offend anyone, just speaking in general as an long time pow-wow supporter!
cece_ND is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #32
Pow Wow Visitor

BlackHorseButte is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaYEAblahBLAH
I don't in anyway feel that I made any snide remarks. I'm sure that if you had a third party look at the results and look at who was judging then you would see something that would raise your suspicion. How many times did a Richardson or a Lynch judge the contest and then how many Richardsons and Lynchs' win? WTF!!?? Good dancing and all, but damn if your related to the contestants be honorable and pull yourself out of judging. Thats all. I STILL had a good time though.
BlackHorseButte is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 06:33 PM   #33
Junior Dancer

geronimo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I don't in anyway feel that I made any snide remarks. I'm sure that if you had a third party look at the results and look at who was judging then you would see something that would raise your suspicion. How many times did a Richardson or a Lynch judge the contest and then how many Richardsons and Lynchs' win? WTF!!?? Good dancing and all, but damn if your related to the contestants be honorable and pull yourself out of judging. Thats all. I STILL had a good time though.
Now, just b/c they're all Richardsons and Lynches doesn't mean they're related - a lot probably are, but don't jump the gun on that. But, there probably was shadyness - It happens all the time & it really sucks - You have every right to voice your opinion and I agree, your remarks in no way come across as "snide". Oh yeah, dancers who won't "dance" kill me. I like to call them "powwow snobs."

Last edited by geronimo; 11-18-2005 at 06:36 PM..
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #34
Tiny Tot Dancer

scorpiostwin11_76 has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like ya'lls had a blast! Sorry I missed that one!
scorpiostwin11_76 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #35
**Chief Humps Alot **

**ShiftySaponi** is on a distinguished road
Location: where the sky meets the earth ... aka ... Hollister, NC
Quote:
As stated before, last name does not imply relation ... In dealing w/ the people who were selected as judges, they know that they have a job to do and that they have to show integrity ... Regardless of who is competing or who they are related too or friends with ... I do not believe that someone felt like "GIVING" a less deserving dancer something they didn’t earn ... No relation will cause someone to judge a dancer more favorably than someone who just kicked their butt in competition ... It is understandable how last names could cause someone to infer preferential treatment ... but we have to trust the committee and judges selected … In the future, if u have these concerns, let them be known during the event ... In my opinion, all the dancers deserved 1st place ... I admire anyone who has the courage and ability to dance and compete ... No one likes to see their hard work tarnished …

And yes … I had a great time at the powwow also … Party was off the hook … Big Ups to DJ C-Plus … Had everybody in the joint “Shakin that Laffy Taffy” …. He has a new CD out as well … Hit me up for his contact info … So was the After Party …. (We didn’t lay down until they Sun had risen … and others not until 11 AM) … It was a lil drama at the hotel after the Party … But nothing major … Once they saw we had a force of 10-15 rowdy natives, everything calmed down quickly …
**ShiftySaponi** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #36
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo
Now, just b/c they're all Richardsons and Lynches doesn't mean they're related - a lot probably are, but don't jump the gun on that. But, there probably was shadyness - It happens all the time & it really sucks - You have every right to voice your opinion and I agree, your remarks in no way come across as "snide". Oh yeah, dancers who won't "dance" kill me. I like to call them "powwow snobs."

That's happened a couple of times to me too. I'd dance all weekend and my competitors would miss grand entry and/or intertribals and still place above me. OR I've even had people who didn't have part of their regalia or their hair wasn't done and still place above me. Now tell me that's fair.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:12 AM   #37
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 397.00
Richmond is a goot pw...i've attended that pw once and yes...i had so much fun and the ppl down that way are so nice but anyways back to what i was gonna say *L* Congrats to all the winners
Siouxper_Bunz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #38
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose
Wait a min....so did Osceola dance Grass??? I gotta give respect to this fella for tryin new dance styles.....good for you Osceola!

no they had the chicken dancers with the grass dancers. even though they had enough fo rboth catagory's.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #39
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose

We really wanted to be there....we thought about you guys all wknd & even called a few peeps just to see what was goin on.....it felt so strange NOT being there. But because of some recent happenings we weren't able to attend.....thought about you guys tho & really missed everyone....hope to see you guys down the road! Congrats to all the winners!

Way to go Melissa & Crystal....would've been great to see you gals! safe travels down the trail
he danced chicken in the grass cat.

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #40
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Melissa!

I'm missing home pretty bad, I need a few of our infamous laugh sessions..... call me!
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links