Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Twin myths n indian culture Twin myths n indian culture

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
double da dazzle babie!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Twin myths n indian culture

Me n mah twin meet lots of ppl who say twin spirits r common n our culture. Does ur tribes have any stories? R dare anymore twins out dare? does ur family have twins!!!!!

Last edited by kalifaz_beech_beauty; 10-24-2005 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: adding comment
kalifaz_beech_beauty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,457.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
The Navajo origin stories are based on twin brothers that travel to the moon and the sun to bring back weapons of isolated destruction to rid the earth of monsters.

Otherwise, I know a set of twins from the San Jose area that are absolutely gorgeous (Sarah and Rachel).
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-08-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
in the navajo way, the women dont eat off of two plates stacked upon each other... because youre asking for twins. and if a husband or future inlaw is found eating this way. the teasing will begin and shortly the girl will usually go over and remove one plate. this applies to cups and things like that too.

the twins story is a nice one. but it takes time. from it we got alot of ceremonies and way of life that hold up today.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Its qooo man!

NAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up beautiful

Kalifaz whats your twin story? We got twins in our family Darryl & Donnie and I remember something about the moon giving twins their connection or some shyt like that. You Kalifaz twins got beach tan & beauty going on!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #5
Member since March 2000.

Mr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
"Twin Stories" pervade almost every culture on Earth.....don't know why, but, it's obvious they (twins) occupy a very special place in the various cultures around the world.

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde
Mr Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
WillaDaKilla

woggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to behold
Yep, twins are very special and are signs of good luck..so yeppers they are very special and are very powerful..
eyelashes: eyelashes:
eyelashes
woggs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
THE BABY TWIN ON DA RIGHT

Loves2Btwin is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
The Navajo origin stories are based on twin brothers that travel to the moon and the sun to bring back weapons of isolated destruction to rid the earth of monsters.

Otherwise, I know a set of twins from the San Jose area that are absolutely gorgeous (Sarah and Rachel).
KOOL NAVAJO STORY I WISH WE KNEW OUR TRIBES TWIN STORIES. OUR MOM AND DAD TELL US TWINS ARE CONSIDERED TO HAVE SPECIAL POWERS AND ARE VERY HONORED IN MANY CULTURES AND SOME HAVE THEIR OWN TWIN LANGUAGES EVEN BUT OUR PARENTS DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE STORIES. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CHUMASH OR YAQUI TWIN STORIES?

WE MET SARAH AND RACHEL AND YES THEY ARE SUPER GORGEOUS I JUST LOVE THEIR SUPER PRETTY LOOONG HAIR. HAVEN'T SEEN THEM AT THE POW-WOWS LATELY THOUGH I'M SURE WE WOULDN'T MISS THAT HAIR!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:32 PM   #8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy
in the navajo way, the women dont eat off of two plates stacked upon each other... because youre asking for twins. and if a husband or future inlaw is found eating this way. the teasing will begin and shortly the girl will usually go over and remove one plate. this applies to cups and things like that too.

the twins story is a nice one. but it takes time. from it we got alot of ceremonies and way of life that hold up today.
I WANT TO HAVE TWINS SO MAYBE I'LL TRY THE TWO PLATE TRICK WHEN I'M READY TO BE A MOM.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #9
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,457.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Btwin
WE MET SARAH AND RACHEL AND YES THEY ARE SUPER GORGEOUS I JUST LOVE THEIR SUPER PRETTY LOOONG HAIR. HAVEN'T SEEN THEM AT THE POW-WOWS LATELY THOUGH I'M SURE WE WOULDN'T MISS THAT HAIR!
Yes they are beautiful - their long manes are so ...... vertical and parallel!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

scorpiostwin11_76 has a spectacular aura about
I too am a twin, my sister and I are identicle twins, seven minutes apart. My great grandmother, who raised our father, always made sure we did everything together. She always wanted us to be together. She told my parents to never separate us. She's no longer on this earth, but I still remember her saying that twins are special amongst ALL N8V people. Twins run in my family on both sides. I have twin uncles, twin cousins, my sister and I, and my mother's dad (my grampa) had a twin brother, but died after being born.

I am greatful for my twin, because my life without her wouldn't be the way it is today. She has children and I don't, but I love them like they are mine. In a way they are apart of me. You know in modern medicine, you got people taking fertility drugs just to have one baby, but then end up having twins or even multiples. My family was simply blessed with that kind of luck!
scorpiostwin11_76 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #11
I'm Siouxpendus

oh^wise^woman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Btwin
They hi tailed it to Montana those lucky twins. Sarahs huband the world class grassdancer Jonothon WIndyboy. But you're right they are stunning and that hair is parallel and vertical! Twins are held in hi regard and considered special. I have twin nepphew and neice but they aren't identical.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiostwin11_76
I too am a twin, my sister and I are identicle twins, seven minutes apart. My great grandmother, who raised our father, always made sure we did everything together. She always wanted us to be together. She told my parents to never separate us. She's no longer on this earth, but I still remember her saying that twins are special amongst ALL N8V people. Twins run in my family on both sides. I have twin uncles, twin cousins, my sister and I, and my mother's dad (my grampa) had a twin brother, but died after being born.

I am greatful for my twin, because my life without her wouldn't be the way it is today. She has children and I don't, but I love them like they are mine. In a way they are apart of me. You know in modern medicine, you got people taking fertility drugs just to have one baby, but then end up having twins or even multiples. My family was simply blessed with that kind of luck!
KOOLERZ! DO YOU HAVE PICTURES OF YOU AND YOUR TWIN? MY UNCLES ARE TWINS IDENTICAL AND MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDDAD WAS A IDENTICAL 2. I HOPE TO HAVE TWINS WHEN I'M READY TO B A MOM.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #13
Teen Dancer

dancnbrd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 380.00
Talking

I have twin daughters 15 years old and a friend of my from Pine Ridge has twin girls too! Hers are 17. We feel very blessed and special to have twins! My girls were very late talkers and did not even say mommy, daddy etc until they were like a year and a half. They had their own language and I had them checked by a few doctors. They all agreed on the own language and said they could get what they needed from each other, so there was no reason for them to communicate to us. They were over two when they said a few words and it was very odd sounding. It sounded like they had an accent. We recorded them and it is very interesting to listen to today.
dancnbrd is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2005, 02:11 PM   #14
Junior Dancer

song_bird_woman is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 80.00
Twins...

I don't know of any twin myths, but I'm very proud to say that my family has one set of twins in our family. The family is very honored in being blessed with "our" twins and thankful our niece received great blessing to have twins. Da twins are Layla (1 minute older) and Domomick. They are not identical, but are identical is so many ways. Unfortunately their mother is unable to raise them and they are being raised in separate homes; however, when they get together they seem as one. They are cute and we love them to death. Just wanted to share that with u all.
song_bird_woman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2005, 02:36 AM   #15
Pow Wow Visitor

powwow_jingle is an unknown quantity at this point
multiples....

well me and my family must be VERY blessed because I had a set of triplets that were conceived all natural...I have a set of twin brothers, my sister has a set of twins and my husband is a twin himself.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #16
double da dazzle babie!

kalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond reputekalifaz_beech_beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancnbrd
I have twin daughters 15 years old and a friend of my from Pine Ridge has twin girls too! Hers are 17. We feel very blessed and special to have twins! My girls were very late talkers and did not even say mommy, daddy etc until they were like a year and a half. They had their own language and I had them checked by a few doctors. They all agreed on the own language and said they could get what they needed from each other, so there was no reason for them to communicate to us. They were over two when they said a few words and it was very odd sounding. It sounded like they had an accent. We recorded them and it is very interesting to listen to today.
Koolerz!Do ur twins still use their special language @ times?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #17
double da dazzle babie!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by song_bird_woman
I don't know of any twin myths, but I'm very proud to say that my family has one set of twins in our family. The family is very honored in being blessed with "our" twins and thankful our niece received great blessing to have twins. Da twins are Layla (1 minute older) and Domomick. They are not identical, but are identical is so many ways. Unfortunately their mother is unable to raise them and they are being raised in separate homes; however, when they get together they seem as one. They are cute and we love them to death. Just wanted to share that with u all.
Koolerz!I bet this miss each other tho. I know when me n mah twin r apart for even a day it seems like 4ever n we just miss each other. I'm like a fish out tah water wit out mah twin.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #18
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
Agree with ya they are one of a kind in a way twins can be I guess. sure miss seeing them at the pow-wows any way. Kalifaz and Loves2twin ever come up to bay area?

Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #19
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
In my tribe, twins are considered bad luck. They're seperated and raised up in different families or one would be sent off (like to another tribe?). Don't know why it was bad, but usually the mother would raise one and the other would be raised by the grandmother.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #20
SaPoNi4LiFe

SaponiMami is a jewel in the rough
I have a twin and I'm proud of it

I don't know of any of our tribe stories on twins or anything though...
SaponiMami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links