Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree81Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Vendors for Pow Wow Vendors for Pow Wow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #21
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 89,837.77
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Y'all never powwowed til you powwow like this!

You are right , I have NEVER powwowed like that !

Now I hate to sound skeptical but those folks are really dark....And those drums....hmmmm.....sound like drums I've seen in African Movies !

Sorry Wyo , I'm hoping that guys not your relation....I don't want to offend you !Never knew the Yamassee and the Shoshone were that close !
windanncer likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #22
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
You know I'll welcome him as a brother......and then send him to MHS to learn on the dark side of winkte hill !
you hold him down while i demonstrate the finer points of the spirit that is two to him
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #23
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
The United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors of the Creek and Wa****aw Mound Builders, offering Facts about the Dr. Malachi Z. York legal case, the Chief of the Yamassee Nuwaubian Native American Moors i guess this explains more about them......gives me a headache

hobbiests at their worst

so sorry vendors, i was mistaken by telling you guys you would be vending a hobbiest powwow

you will be vending at a cultist compound

your welcome for the warning
Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #24
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 149,424.36
Quote:
You know I'll welcome him as a brother......and then send him to MHS to learn on the dark side of winkte hill !
Hmmm...the Yamassee Winkte Tribe of the Moors.

Name sounds catchy! WOW or MOM
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 03:41 AM   #25
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wow mom wow
Attached Thumbnails
a_colorful_cartoon_brown_haired_boy_doing_cartwheels_royalty_free_clipart_picture_100715-016383-.jpg  
gilisi likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 05-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

MGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scaleMGentle is off the scale
Credits: 358.71
Wink This is Pure Ignorance!!

Quote:
Well , it's on the internet AND this was produced by " Real Deal Productions" so it must be true !
The video that you have posted has nothing to do with our tribe or family. We do not even know who that video belongs to.

You should truly do your research before posting erroneous statements and videos. Also speaking on matters that you have no knowledge of which is kind of ridiculous on your part.

Media is a very misleading venue for you to believe everything that you see, I ask of you to please open your eyes and awaken yourself from the deep sleep that you are in.

With Peace and Love
MGentle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #27
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,116.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGentle View Post
The video that you have posted has nothing to do with our tribe or family. We do not even know who that video belongs to.

You should truly do your research before posting erroneous statements and videos. Also speaking on matters that you have no knowledge of which is kind of ridiculous on your part.

Media is a very misleading venue for you to believe everything that you see, I ask of you to please open your eyes and awaken yourself from the deep sleep that you are in.

With Peace and Love
Peace and Love? I have only seen one ridiculous character on this thread.... and I probably come in 2nd LOL

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 05-15-2014 at 10:20 AM..
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #28
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:

With Peace and Love
you are gonna address all of them for making fun of you but you will not address the status of your "tribe" and your "reservation"?.......but more importantly you wont talk about the legal status of your "chief" or your "tribe's" legal problems? tell us more why your tribe is considered a cult by the govt? tell us more why indians been dismissing your tribe as fraudulent for years? including the muskogee who you claim to be a part of.....why do they think your a bunch of whackos and denounce you at every turn? more importantly why dont you tell us about the govt going after your whole pseudo-heritage group for a crime on a CHILD?

i am doing powwows.com a favor......im sure someone will want to vend....i just hope they do the right thing and leave their kids at home.

guess what....i been twinkie busting for quite awhile....also been doing independent research for years as well as being a REAL part of the REAL indian community.......so you wanna argue.....BRING IT!!!

the truth is that you can sell that "nuwaubian mix ancient egypt with islam and ndn fantasies as history crap" to your black friends and to white people who are searching for something missing in their life......but you try unloading those buffalochips to REAL injuns you will get your covers pulled quick....like you did the minute i posted on this thread

so ms marquitta generic indian name gentle, are you related to the esteemed convict mr gentle....the CHIEF? (who also has a generic indian name along with his arabic name?)

oh.....we been watching you for quite a while

taa taa dear

with Peace and Love
Old 05-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #29
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:

With Peace and Love
You should know that I have NOT posted 1 video on your thread.Obviously you also can't comprehend sarcasm !
And the minute someone questions you , you get all defensive and mad. You know , that just doesn't sound like peace and love to me !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 05-15-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #30
Dances With Fat Chicks

part of their history claims that the descendents of the yamasee joined the 4th calvary as buffalo soldiers during the apache wars in texas

so from this point forward i will address you FAKE tribe as something a little more accurate.....i will call you the eastern crow
Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #31
Banned

ndnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scale
Credits: 122.01
Legally saying

Well as an attorney for tribes, and having studied tribal law for over 20 years, I'd like to chime in. What she has shown you by law is correct, and verbal abuse, for lack of others understanding seems distasteful.

And the proper definition of where they are is considered a "state recognized reservation". The United States must honor all Statutes-At-large coming from the lord proprietors, and any such land grant, or land claim is legally binding, before 1776.
CHAPTER 11 - CONFIRMATION OF TITLES - South Carolina Statutes

Basically that is considered a Treaty! And the more I investigated, the more I came to realize, they actually had the first Reservation in the South east, which is why the Yamassee went to war, for violations of the contract.
Lastly, congressional documents I have seen and books available in google, describes the Yamassee as looking like negro's, whom were darker than the creeks. I have also had cases, for tribes I can not mention, in which all Southeast Indians, were misclassified and labeled "Negro" Black & put into slavery under those pretenses!
The Negro Church: Report of a Social Study Made Under the Direction of ... - Google Books
Congressional Serial Set - Google Books
ndnatty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #32
Banned

ndnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scalendnatty is off the scale
Credits: 122.01
Legally saying reminder

Let us not forget as well, that Federal recognition and federal reservations, came about shortly by this:
The federal Indian trust responsibility is a legal obligation under which the United States “has charged itself with moral obligations of the highest responsibility and trust” toward Indian tribes (Seminole Nation v. United States, 1942). This obligation was first discussed by Chief Justice John Marshall in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1831). Over the years, the trust doctrine has been at the center of numerous other Supreme Court cases, thus making it one of the most important principles in federal Indian law.
So it was not something native people asked for, it was something that was done without approval of the tribal nations, so being on a reservation was actually you being in a prisoner of war camp!
and if history serves me correctly, the purpose Tribal people fought so hard against. So it boggles me to now see, others speak on not having a legal federal reservation as a bad thing, when the reservation (most of them) are starving and still fighting for rights, to live impoverished.
ndnatty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #33
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnatty View Post
Let us not forget as well, that Federal recognition and federal reservations, came about shortly by this:
The federal Indian trust responsibility is a legal obligation under which the United States “has charged itself with moral obligations of the highest responsibility and trust” toward Indian tribes (Seminole Nation v. United States, 1942). This obligation was first discussed by Chief Justice John Marshall in Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1831). Over the years, the trust doctrine has been at the center of numerous other Supreme Court cases, thus making it one of the most important principles in federal Indian law.
So it was not something native people asked for, it was something that was done without approval of the tribal nations, so being on a reservation was actually you being in a prisoner of war camp!
and if history serves me correctly, the purpose Tribal people fought so hard against. So it boggles me to now see, others speak on not having a legal federal reservation as a bad thing, when the reservation (most of them) are starving and still fighting for rights, to live impoverished.
no one is defending the reservation system......we are calling out dangerous NON-INDIAN frauds posing as legit indians.....cmon....selling memberships and trying to invoke indian child welfare act to their kidnapping? WE DONT NEED THESE PEOPLE portraying themselves as ndn....they are worse than the "wa****a tribe"............nothing but fiction

i wonder what afflicts non-indians into wanting to be indian so bad? its i sickness im telling you....it truly is
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #34
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Well as an attorney for tribes, and having studied tribal law for over 20 years, I'd like to chime in. What she has shown you by law is correct, and verbal abuse, for lack of others understanding seems distasteful.

And the proper definition of where they are is considered a "state recognized reservation". The United States must honor all Statutes-At-large coming from the lord proprietors, and any such land grant, or land claim is legally binding, before 1776.

Basically that is considered a Treaty! And the more I investigated, the more I came to realize, they actually had the first Reservation in the South east, which is why the Yamassee went to war, for violations of the contract.
Lastly, congressional documents I have seen and books available in google, describes the Yamassee as looking like negro's, whom were darker than the creeks. I have also had cases, for tribes I can not mention, in which all Southeast Indians, were misclassified and labeled "Negro" Black & put into slavery under those pretenses!
The Negro Church: Report of a Social Study Made Under the Direction of ... - Google Books
Hmmm..again I do not see the term "reservation" anywhere in there.

And can you post a link to where it says the Yammanassee are a state recognized tribe?

I don't see it listed anywhere I can find. List of SC state recognized tribes:
List of Federal and State Recognized Tribes
South Carolina
Beaver Creek Indians
Edisto Natchez Kusso Tribe of South Carolina
Pee Dee Nation of Upper South Carolina
Pee Dee Indian Tribe of South Carolina
Santee Indian Organization
The Waccamaw Indian People
Wassamasaw Tribe of Varnertown Indians
Old 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #35
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Wow. You sure turn words around to your benefit.

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/...South_Carolina

Catawba, Cherokee, Chiaha, Chickasaw, Congaree, Creek, Cusabo, Eno, Keyauwee, Natchez, Pedee, Saluda, Santee, Sewee, Shakori, Shawnee, Sissipahaw, Sugaree, Waccamaw, Wateree, Waxhaw, Winyaw, Yamasee, Yuchi

Other tribes may have also been residents of the area of South Carolina, at least for a short time.

The following tribal names have been suggested as having resided in South Carolina, but no documentation for their contact with this state has been identified.

Cherokee - Iroquaian, Siouan, Muskhogean and Algonquain Cherokee Bear Clan, Chalokolowa-Chickasaw, Sumter Band of Cheraw

South Carolina State Recognized Tribes
Beaver Creek Indians
Edisto Natchez-Kusso Indians
Pee Dee Nation of Upper South Carolina
Pee Dee Tribe of South Carolina
Santee Indian Organization (formerly White Oak Indian Community)
Waccamaw Indian People
Wassamasaw Tribe of Varnertown Indians
Chaloklowa Chickasaw Indian People
Eastern Cherokee
Southern Iroquois and United Tribes of South Carolina, Inc.(also known as Cherokee Indian Tribe of South Carolina or ECSIUT)
Natchez Indian Tribe
Pee Dee Indian nation of Beaver Creek
Piedmont American Indian Association of South Carolina.
Reservations
From the mid-1800s, the official policy of the United States government toward the American Indian was to confine each tribe to a specific parcel of land called a reservation. Agencies were established on or near each reservation. A government representative, usually called an agent (or superintendent) was assigned to each agency. Their duties included maintaining the peace, making payments to the Native Americans based on the stipulations of the treaties with each tribe, and providing a means of communication between the native population and the federal government.

Sometimes, a single agency had jurisdiction over more than one reservation. And sometimes, if the tribal population and land area required it, an agency may have included sub-agencies.

The boundaries of reservations, over time, have changed. Usually, that means the reservations have been reduced in size. Sometimes, especially during the later policy of "termination," the official status of reservations was ended altogether.

The following list of reservations has been compiled from the National Atlas of the United States of America[2], the Omni Gazetteer of the United States of America[3], and other sources. Those reservations named in bold are current federally-recognized reservations, with their associated agency and tribe(s). Others have historically been associated with the state or are not currently recognized by the federal government.

Reservation Map - South Carolina - Indian Reservations - Federal Lands and Indian Reservations. by the U.S. Department of Interior and U.S. Geological Survey.
Catawba Reservation, State, Tribe: Catawba

Yamasee Tribe

Yamasee Indians (a name of uncertain etymology, and evidently an abbreviated form).

A former noted tribe of Muskhogean stock, best known in connection with early South Carolina history, but apparently occupying originally the coast region and islands of south Georgia, and extending into Florida. From their residence near Savannah river they have frequently been confused with the “Savannahs,” or Shawano, and the Yuchi. Missions were established in their territory by the Spaniards about 1570, and they lived under the jurisdiction of the Spanish government of Florida until 1687, when, in consequence of an attempt to transport a number of their people as laborers to the West Indies, they revolted, attacked a number of the mission settlements and peaceful Indians, and then fled north across Savannah river to the English colony of South Carolina. They were allowed to settle within the present limits of Beaufort county, where at a later period they had several villages, the principal of which was Pocotaligo; others were Tolemato and Topiqui (?). They aided against the Tuscarora in 1712, but in 1715, in consequence of dissatisfaction with the traders, organized a combination against the English which included all, or nearly all, the tribes from Cape Fear to the Florida border. The traders were slaughtered in the Indian towns and a general massacre of settlers took place along the Carolina frontier. After several engagements the Yamasee were finally defeated by Gov. Craven at Salkechuh (Saltketchers) on the Combahee and driven across the Savannah. They retired in a body to Florida where they were again received by the Spaniards and settled in villages near St Augustine. From that time they were known as allies of the Spaniards and enemies of the English, against whom they made frequent raids in company with other Florida Indians. A small part of them also appear to have taken refuge with the Catawba, where, according to Adair, they still retained their separate identity in 1743. In 1727 their village near St Augustine was attacked and destroyed by the English, and their Indian allies and most of the inhabitants were killed. In 1761 the remnant was said to number about 20 men, residing near St Augustine, and they seen also to have had a small settlement near Pensacola. The tradition of their destruction and enslavement by the Seminole is noted by several writers of this and a later period. As late as 1812 a small band retained the name among the Seminole, and some settled among the Hitchiti, but they have now completely disappeared. They were said to be darker than the Creeks, and “flat-footed,” and from their proficiency as canoe men gave name to a particular method of rowing known as the “Yamasee stroke.”

I haven't heard of a reservation, other than the Catawbas, in South Carolina.

Nowhere in the writing does it use the word 'NEGRO' as being darker than the Creeks.

I'm thinking Louis Farrakhan kicked you out of his group and now you have no one with whom to identify with.

I've seen Black, and I've seen Indian, and those in the video are nowhere being Indian.

It's a slap in the face to OUR ancestors.
windanncer likes this.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #36
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post

i wonder what afflicts non-indians into wanting to be indian so bad? its i sickness im telling you....it truly is
I think there's a thesis in there somewhere!
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #37
Ready to dance

Quote:
Wow. You sure turn words around to your benefit.

I haven't heard of a reservation, other than the Catawbas, in South Carolina.

Nowhere in the writing does it use the word 'NEGRO' as being darker than the Creeks.

I'm thinking Louis Farrakhan kicked you out of his group and now you have no one with whom to identify with.

I've seen Black, and I've seen Indian, and those in the video are nowhere being Indian.

It's a slap in the face to OUR ancestors.

Thanks JD....for posting the info, as well as the link. Makes it much easier to decipher!
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #38
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:

As an attorney with 20 years of tribal laws, could you please show us some of your references. What tribes exactly have you helped.

Many of us on this site have worked, or work, in Indian Country for many years. We have worked on a County, State and Federal level. Not once on my 20 years of tribal interaction, have I come across a Yamassee. Never have I heard other tribes being part of the Yamassee. Have you any idea what it sounds like when it is said Chief Washakie was part Yamassee?
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 05-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #39
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:

On the first thing in bold I can only say , it may be distasteful , but not illegal.
Secondly , that reference reading you refer to , the first one about the negro church , is a long read. I did not read every line , but I did scan the entire thing and the primary thing I saw was the reference to a Negro settlement called Yamassee and the practice of the Negro church at the Negro settlement.But it did not say anything about them being anything other than Negro ! I guess I fail to see how that makes them ndn or entitled to call their land a reservation.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #40
Ready to dance

Quote:
Have you any idea what it sounds like when it is said Chief Washakie was part Yamassee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
Sorry Wyo , I'm hoping that guys not your relation....I don't want to offend you !Never knew the Yamassee and the Shoshone were that close !
Can I nip this Shoshone and Yammanasee association in the bud? Some people will see this on the Internet and start using it as a reference!

What a bogus YouTube video!! Chief Washakie was NO part Yamassee!! The Eastern Shoshone tribe is located in the WESTERN US, not remotely close to the East Coast. Way to hijack a legitimate Indian for dubious purposes!