Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk What all the powwowers think about this.... What all the powwowers think about this....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #21
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazziff View Post
... ya there are varying degrees of how i kiss the AD on how well i want my family to do ... jkz
Dang...
Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

laokie is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I don't see what somebody being on the Head Staff has to do with whether their family members should be able to contest or not??? Why should another person be penalized or disqualified because their daddy, mama, sister, brother, etc is asked to be Head anything?? One thing has nothing to do with the other. All Indians should be able to contest if they are inclined to do so, and in my opinion I don't think the Head Staff should be excluded from contesting! Just because you are chosen as a Head Dancer doesn't necessarily mean you are the best dancer at the powwow and getting "paid" for the honor of being asked shouldn't be a punishment.......why should you not be able to contest too?? It is up to the judges to be fair and unbiased in their judging on how a person dances and not base their judement on the fact that "oh, she's head lady dancer so she has to win first", that's why you hopefully get someone who knows what they are judging a dancer on and not on "who" a dancer is. But good luck on that one!!
laokie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #23
Pow Wow Visitor

babygirlz2005 is on a distinguished road
well, I can't wait to see who will win at the next Hobemma powwow, I haven't seen a poster yet, but I guess I will see when I get there.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #24
Junior Dancer

Dakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond reputeDakota Sandz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 280.67
What the heck is wrong with dancing at a powwow if you parents or hubby is an MC or AD??? there not from the rez or place of the powwow most of the time, so who cares.
Now...if your kids are competing at a powwow and youe the head judge...I dunno. For the most part, the judge is honest and walks off when his kid or wife or relative is dancing, and for the most part, the MC lets people know that, so it looks fair as possible. But...
there are people out there that aren't so honest. Hey it happens.
All in all, I dont see a problem with it. Only problem I would have is when your kids are competing at YOUR powwow when YOUR a committie member (president or something) or the Tabulator. Not that your gonna cheat, but it looks hella bad, and its tuff to justify if your kid wins 1st.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

yeah, well true but also people dance sometimes because they like too but then some people automatically know they are gonna win because of who they know or who they are, I've been powwowing for about 30 some years and know what powwows is all about, they have changed so much, for the worse, but then it's always good to still go to a powwow too. I remember when people did it because it was in their blood and their culture and now everyone takes it as a job, yeah some people actually make a living out of dancing but what good is it when you don't have fun anymore with dancing? Then what do we turn to? Some people may actually have to work for the government and pay all them tax dollars, the government is gonna find a way to make us pay for that stuff too, like everything else. But anyways, I hope that whoever is reading this that I did not offend anyone with my remarks, I am just making conversation.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #26
Lila Ma was'te na lila co

ballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond repute
ballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 162.60
Savings: 1.00
i guess i don't see too much of a problem with it... except when you have the MC or AD / Headdancers making it a point 2 let people know those are their relations... you know like right before a contest and they announce "well my cousin is going 2 excuse herself from judging because our niece is dancing!" ha ha....

but from what i can see... pow wows now are politics and all about who knows who... so no matter what thats how it is today... Just dance hard n have fun :D

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol
ballin_n_shawlin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #27
Pow Wow Visitor

powwow winners

so, does anyone have any winners from this weekends powwows, standoff, onion lake, poundmaker, which ever, I wuz working all weekend so I didn't go to a powwow this weekend, but sarcee next weekend, I think, if I get the weekend off, well, let me know
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

Question Shakopee powwow?

Does anyone have a poster or any info on this powwow this weekend in Minnesota? Thanks if anyone does!