Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk What do you think? (prepare for shock) What do you think? (prepare for shock)

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRILCHOCTAW View Post
youre right josiah and i should have searched the threads first for info and just simply replied with my info...im sorry if i offended any one buy talking about something thats already been discussed.
No offense
Its kewl

I myself have found tons of info on this website of course you have to cross check and ask people around you in person
I would not start something based on info only gathered from here
But then again I have met some in person from this website so that is different
LOL
Old 06-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
goofy

APRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70.00
Savings: 0.00
yea
i wanted advice but not to act on it with out first checking in with my friend (common sense) he he he
i do know a few people form this site ive been here for 3 years but ive never seen anything like that so i guess i was typing because it freaked me out lloll
but i will look and learn and i appreciate the advise on even the subject of reposting threads ... and as i do with my elders i will take the information and eat a slice of humble pie :)
APRILCHOCTAW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
Thunder and Lightening

Hwiseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention the fact that every Sunday in SOuth London there were theses South American dressed up in Cherokee regalia playing pan pipes and handing out literature on comanche indians but they were peruvians who spoke spanish and no english and were collecting money from passers by (guilty white people (rephrase) crying people who felt they owed us something) and one of them had a pamplet saying he was related to geronimo but he was cherokee last i checked geronimo wasnt cherokee.....i was so pissed off at how were just like a freaking joke in some countries they talk about us as if were dead. grrrrrrrrrr

Hahahaha! Grupo Manatial? Some Peruanos get mad when people say they should use their own traditions. Check them out "Manatial" on Youtube and see their so-called dancing. It's so irritating, I get a knot in my stomach from indigestion.
"I cured with the power that came through me. Of course, it was not I who cured, it was the power from the Outer World, the visions and the ceremonies had only made me like a hole through which the power could come to the two-leggeds." "If I thought that I was doing it myself, the hole would close up and no power could come through. Then everything I could do would be foolish."

Black Elk - Oglala
Hwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #24
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Lightbulb Find it intersesting......

How something such as the subject of this thread can be shocking or a revelation to someone? Excuse me for expecting most to be familar with tacky, tasteless portrayals of Indian culture, or even tasteful, accurate ones....As I have shared in the past it is a shot in the dark at best to put validity into what is shared in cyberspace.....It can go either way.....For that matter several ways.....So.....humour is one of my constant selections when I appear here and throw it out there.....Humour has been and will continue to be a cornerstone in several ways or walks of life.....As was said this subject has been kicked like a proverbial can round and round the corner.....Although its good to see a positive discussion spring from it. I stay far from the beaten path so my perspectives are gonna run the gammit.....

One thing I will suggest is to sit back observe and maintain a good sense of humour......Ta Ta 4 now....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #25
goofy

APRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond reputeAPRILCHOCTAW has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you.....

me and the gentleman I belive his name is Josiah already cleared this up and I'm glad he did because I can't really understand anything you write in your messages, so I didn't catch your particular humor...but okay to you be yours to me be mine.

On a greater note...
How is everyone doing today? It so nice and warm out here...I just woke up in a really good mood and wanted to wish some good vibes everyone's way today :D
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Good Morning April Choctaw! It's a beautiful morning here too, but way too hot!

Thanks for the good vibes.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #27
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
How something such as the subject of this thread can be shocking or a revelation to someone? Excuse me for expecting most to be familar with tacky, tasteless portrayals of Indian culture, or even tasteful, accurate ones....As I have shared in the past it is a shot in the dark at best to put validity into what is shared in cyberspace.....It can go either way.....For that matter several ways.....So.....humour is one of my constant selections when I appear here and throw it out there.....Humour has been and will continue to be a cornerstone in several ways or walks of life.....As was said this subject has been kicked like a proverbial can round and round the corner.....Although its good to see a positive discussion spring from it. I stay far from the beaten path so my perspectives are gonna run the gammit.....

One thing I will suggest is to sit back observe and maintain a good sense of humour......Ta Ta 4 now....
You da man Yote!! HAHAHA! I feel ya though, I guess some of the "seasoned" powwow folks have practically seen it all....i was really waiting for a SHOCKER, weren't you? ;)

Iowa boy....gotta luv Iowa boy!!!
"About your question, don't ask us, ask your elders, ask your mother, ask people that know your ways. You have absolutely no idea who anyone on this board is, and how wacked their advice maybe. Ask how to make a breastplate, or what's a good powwow to go to. Don't ask questions that should be asked in private."
He's right 100%. a lot of us have been brought up by our people and through our culture, been taught about these things.
Its easy to get upset by our responses, but we're commenting based on what we know, been taught and what we've seen....as Yote said that's why its so easy to laugh around and crack jokes about it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #28
goofy

I totally agree
it was a shock for me maybe not for you guys
I was raised going to pow wows too but I didnt see any like that where there was nothing but white people including the drum circles! So I was shocked.

But yea i agree, I guess I have to get used to "sarcastic humor" because it can be mis-interpreted as simply being "sarcastic".
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,853.55
You hear people talk about this happening in other countries but until you see it for yourself, it IS shocking.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Wuz up?

Ick chick sho dah zhe (a rugged attempt at pronouncing Crow....) I hear ya Buckskin.....I hear ya.....

Tell your Mom n Pop and Sis I said Yello......
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #31
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose View Post
You da man Yote!! HAHAHA! I feel ya though, I guess some of the "seasoned" powwow folks have practically seen it all....i was really waiting for a SHOCKER, weren't you? ;)

Iowa boy....gotta luv Iowa boy!!!
"About your question, don't ask us, ask your elders, ask your mother, ask people that know your ways. You have absolutely no idea who anyone on this board is, and how wacked their advice maybe. Ask how to make a breastplate, or what's a good powwow to go to. Don't ask questions that should be asked in private."
He's right 100%. a lot of us have been brought up by our people and through our culture, been taught about these things.
Its easy to get upset by our responses, but we're commenting based on what we know, been taught and what we've seen....as Yote said that's why its so easy to laugh around and crack jokes about it.
Yep...I guess thats why others get in a tizzy sometimes when I'm so calm, cool and collected....

No sense in worrying about something you have control over (i.e. people and what they wanna do, think or how the Creator will play the cards)!
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
People emulate one another real simple. Some are pretty good at it and some need to work on it. None the less there is an interest. Now Skins as well as other folks may not take too kindly to "White" people emulating powwow or other particular doings.....I've seen my fair share of either side of that coin. Usually I laugh if its absolutely ridiculous...... In my humble opinion, don't try to get too wrapped up in it cause people are gonna do what they do anyway....

Gotta love some of the comments in this thread.......I.E. Predator and Prey.....
White people always emulate, admire, worship me. Ayyyee
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #33
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
April,

There is a new trend that is taking place at international powwows. Indian people are now travelling to Europe to participate in European powwows. I know of one drum group headed to Germany next week!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #34
BOULDERDASH!

Lightbulb Ki! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
Had a goot laugh......
Old 06-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #35
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
On one hand I think there should be a faq on this site that everyone should read that discusses some of these issues so we don't have to re-hash them every time someone discovers something like this, but I also see how it might be good for some to go over these again.
But dude, if we did logical things then we wouldn't be able to come on here and laugh at some of things people do. We also wouldn't be able to smugly tell people how smart we think we are. Its funny, I have been to a few powwows where non-ndn people get adopted into the circle as a full brother or sister, son or daughter. They carry the rights given to them with the utmost respect and we still have some people who cringe because they have had a ceremony announcing that adoption. This is supposedly the proper way to do things. In many different tribes, we have adoption ceremonies which we ask people of our tribes to recognize those we hold dear and to let them know of the relationship we have with them. Yet a lot of others, mostly our close relatives, at least that has been my experience are the worst for p***ing on people to shove them around, telling them they don't belong. They also tell these adopted people that they don't have any rights. Oh well what do I know. My best advice is to not let people turn your guts into a knot.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #36
goofy

Wow

WhoMe,

That's new and sounds really cool!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #37
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
April,

There is a new trend that is taking place at international powwows. Indian people are now travelling to Europe to participate in European powwows. I know of one drum group headed to Germany next week!
Yeah well
Lets hope it dont turn out like those Okies that went to Germany last year and Wallace had to rescue them!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #38
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post

It's true!! I've seen it!!! HAHAHA!!!

Kiwehnzii you're too cool.....oh and let me tell ya, we see those dancers you made for us everyday! They stare at us as we watch tv
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #39
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Quote:
WhoMe,

That's new and sounds really cool!

APRIL,

After my first year of college, I spent the summer in Europe. Half of the summer in Scandanavia performing and the other half performing in London with a Wild West Show outta' California. In London I became acquainted with an old guy named Kim Oakshot. From what I understand, Kim was one of the original leaders of the modern Indian Cultural Enthusiasts movement, in England. I heard he passed away. But I know the English Indian Cultural Enthusiam has a good following and it is growing.

Last edited by WhoMe; 06-27-2009 at 05:57 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #40
goofy

REALLY???

Woah...my friend in the UK just told me of this same thing as well. I guess its not so shocking after all.
Sponsored Links