Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk What's the funniest thing you saw a singer do at powwow...... What's the funniest thing you saw a singer do at powwow......

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
Have Shawl Will Travel

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
1hothooha is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking What's the funniest thing you saw a singer do at powwow......

What's the funniest thing you saw a singer do at powwow last year, 2005? which drum? what powwow?
1hothooha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
Mommabear

Miz-mowhawky is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 90.00
Smile lol!

oh my...this might start alot....but anywhoo i think its funny when their squeezing their throats so hard and their face is beat red....i think thats the time they should take a break for abit maybe lol....but i know they're guys...they got low voices and la de da lol so i really shouldnt say that but thats it....*giggles*
Old 01-05-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
Powwow Chair Carrier

uw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Oregon State University for School, Yakama Rez is home
Credits: 958.69
YOUNGBIRD AT DENVER MARCH topped my list this year for their team dance. lol.

My Website
uw_n8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
Savings: 1.00
i don't remember the drum's name, but it happened at a small gathering. the guys were singing and the lead singer was lead astray. somehow he started watching this one lady walking around the outside of the arena. the song drifted off cuz the lead singer was preoccupied with watching this gal. when he realized, what happened, he turned beet red and started singing again.

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
i saw a singer miss a beat, so the guy next to him grabbed his stick and threw it.

I had a little kid singing with me once and he leaned a little too far forward on the chair. The chair started to tip and he almost went face first onto the drum. Would have gotten a pounding from everyones sticks.

I saw another drum cover eachothers ears while singing, one guy would cup the guys ear next to him and so on.

I have a video of Midnite where Opie has his little kid infront of him and the kid is holding the stick with him. He looks like a little puppet when Opie does the big beats.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
THE Lakota Wiyan

Lakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
This wasn't in 2005, it was more like 1991 or so, but I just had to throw it in.
Eagle Butte, SD Labor Day powoww. Dane Labeau was pitching nickles and pennies at a large singer at the drum next to where we were sitting. He had a "coin slot", if you know what I mean....heeheee. Well, Dane actually made a couple in before the guy sat up straight and said, Hey!! Then he tried to chase Dane, but when he got up, he took his chair with him.

Another time, since I'm on a roll, a relative of mine, Morris, or Morsie, who was very very tall and very skinny, was a grass dancer. He was dancing when he fell in the middle of the arena. He just laid there and jumped his body up and down, in beat, and totally made it into a move. We were all at the drum just laughing and laughing. He never did live that one down. I miss that guy...
Lakota Wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
Have Shawl Will Travel

1hothooha is an unknown quantity at this point
that COIN SLOT is soooooooooooooooooo funny, i really cracked up!! i can picture that happening!!!!
1hothooha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
UCLA 2004, a singer provided Dinner Break entertainment by doing an Indin Clown dance to "She's a Maniac". He went out there and did the Flash Dance complete with ripping his shirt over his well frybread fed belly!
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Was that Tito from Midnight? at UCLA, watch that one too. Hey the coin slot story is hilarious. I remember Rocky Park spotting a coin slot on time, it was another drum next to us and the ladies behind the drum caught on, it was funny as hell. If you travel with Rocky Park, for sure you'll get picked on. I can't remember what powwow it was, but one of the chairs gave out from the weight, well.....use your imagination. All you saw was sneakers up in the air! I didn't want to laugh so I walked away and laughed when I got a good distance away. LMAO!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:25 AM   #10
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Ya know, I think it was someone from Midnite. I just remember laughing til my cheeks hurt.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 AM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
We were at a powwow in Laconner one time when my uncle who happens to be the lead singer was using the drumstick to rest his chin on while waiting for our turn to sing. He leaned too far forward and the drumstick slipped. Well gravity took effect and he ended up sacking himself. To make matters worse while we were laughing at him our group gets called in the order to sing. We were laughing too hard and had to pass. The arena director came to find out why we passed and when he looked at my uncle doubled over he couldn't stop laughing either. My uncle to this day won't lean on a drumstick anymore.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #12
Traditional Dancer

Teri TrudeauMagiskan is an unknown quantity at this point
Back in the Day

Ron Odjig of Wikwemikong Drum Committee. The tip of his drum stick came off while he was drumming and it went flying into the dance area. It almost hit someone in the head.

One time after a long drum practice we asked for the last song.....the lead singer started to sing The Last song by Edward Bear.
Teri TrudeauMagiskan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #13
Gettin Dat Chicken On...

darkwaterlum is a jewel in the rough
I got two.....

A singer, whom I will not name, was about to put in a set of honor beats, and he drew back the stick too far to hit the drum I guess as hard as he could, well he drew back so fast, the stick went flying out of his hand, and over a type of fence, and hit an elder....

Another one, a lead singer of a drum was about to blast out another lead, and as he took that final gasp of air, he sucked in a bug, and it got caught in the back of his throat.....and when he got the lead out the bug came flying out...!!

Last edited by darkwaterlum; 07-18-2006 at 06:08 PM..
darkwaterlum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #14
Dancer

Nathan11 will become famous soon enough
Well this happened this year, but anyways.. me and three other friends were practicing and one of my friends had a cheap drum stick that was only black foam on a stick and during the middle of a song, my friend raised his beater back for honor beats and the black foam at the top flew off! It was hilarious lmao
Nathan11 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #15
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,584.70
Talking

One nameless lead singer was looking for his drum stick because his drum was up next.

Pretty soon he had all the singers looking for his stick.

Then he had the ladies behind the drum looking for his stick.

The announcer then called for his drum.

Frustrated, he cussed and stood up.

The drum came flopping down from underneath his belly!

* true story.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #16
Dances with Lead Foot

Sleeping Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Sleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,541.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe

* true story.
Guess he wasn't looking far and wide, was he?

I sympathize, having the same girth-related symptom, but one would think he might GET OFF HIS STERN AND LOOK before enlisting the help of everyone else. Got what he deserved, I'd say.
Sleeping Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
Choc-lack-chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
One nameless lead singer was looking for his drum stick because his drum was up next.

Pretty soon he had all the singers looking for his stick.

Then he had the ladies behind the drum looking for his stick.

The announcer then called for his drum.

Hence the term I coined "Singer's Belly"

* true story.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #18
Senior Dancer

NativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond repute
funniest thing i saw ......

... a singer do was this year @ the uof montana kyi-yo powwow. My mom & I had finally found a place to sit on the top level & she asked me"who's that guy down there in that yellow shirt?" I looked and told her i didnt know but he DID look familiar, why was she asking.

she said"i was asking because he keeps looking up here @ you" then she went outside for awhile so I was sittin there watchin the intertribals n then the mc said to clear the floor and so i was lookin around @ the croud down below and noticed that the guy in yellow shirt was sittin across from me @ a drum. As I spotted him i noticed he was on the edge of his seat staring @ me then all of a sudden he fell right off his chair. lmao
NativeBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 PM   #19
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
^^ OMG!! thats crazy .. guess u can say he really fell for ya!!
chazziff is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Senior Dancer

NativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazziff
^^ OMG!! thats crazy .. guess u can say he really fell for ya!!
LOL yeah I never laughed so hard b4.
NativeBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links