Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree44Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk What is your definition of a Warrior? What is your definition of a Warrior?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
koyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scale
Credits: 570.41
Savings: 0.00
What is your definition of a Warrior?

ITs not pow wow talk.

but when i posted a thread about an origin story, the respondents wanted instead to talk about soldiers, warriors, and vets.
THat thread really wasn't the place for that.
sooooo

i am putting it here. why not? seems some people want to talk about that.

so i am curious....

what is a warrior to you?

is there a difference between a warrior and a soldier?

does the team you are on matter?

i don't imagine too many will even wanna touch this at all, but only putting cause there waas a couple that did. maybe i am wrong.
koyoteh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,829.89
Who are you? What tribe claims you? Where are you from? Who are your elders? Do you want a definition? Why? Your posts are rambled words with no meaning. What is this Mesheeka god that you pray to? I've seen you around and you have nothing to offer.
windanncer, subeeds and gilisi like this.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #3
Junior Dancer

koyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
Who are you? What tribe claims you? Where are you from? Who are your elders? Do you want a definition? Why? Your posts are rambled words with no meaning. What is this Mesheeka god that you pray to? I've seen you around and you have nothing to offer.
asked some questions. of course they don't have meanings, they are questions not statements.

mesheeka god? huh?

why? why not?

but still , i see you would rather run away again. what a way to start.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,239.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoteh View Post
asked some questions. of course they don't have meanings, they are questions not statements.

mesheeka god? huh?

why? why not?

Until you respond to the other threads, the only one running is you.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

mesheeka god? huh?

why? why not?

You need to get back to picking grapes. The fields are waiting for you.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 AM   #6
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Until you respond to the other threads, the only one running is you.
**** seems like i am the only one posting, and responding.

in all the threads.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #7
Junior Dancer

if you want to know who i am , i already posted that up in one of the other threads. Very recently. and the response was that you didn't like that another native was okay with that.

but also in 2009 in introductions you can probably find me there.

thats a whole nutha thread and topic though.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #8
Junior Dancer

Quote:
You need to get back to picking grapes. The fields are waiting for you.
ahh and so the racism shines through
Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #9
Junior Dancer

anyhow i already knew what was gonna happen here.

thought i would give these guys a chance to contribute in a constructive way.

so i will leave on for a few more, and then delte the thread. if its possible.

that ways not be posting up destructive venues.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #10
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
koyoteh, I am very concern about your red beads that you had post 58 posts. That is a lot. What are you trying to prove? Are you Native? Your comment don't make any sense to me. You want to ask questions which you are not making this questions clear.

You want to talk about Warriors. That would be for the men to decide how to interpret about Warriors. **hmmm**

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #11
Tasunke Wakan Okalakiciye

Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,479.12
Warriors and soldiers are two different people.Warrior hence the name goes into or has gone into war.I don't feel you can be called a Warrior unless you have gone into battle.Soldier on the other hand does not necessarily mean they have been in a war and spend their whole career never going to war or in any battles. Unless they are a combat soldier or a soldier who has fought in a war(s).Warrior is more of a Native term and some people use or borrow the term (WARRIOR)to define or describe their own meaning.These days the term Warrior is so loosely utilized sports teams etc.

Regardless.In my books any man or woman who has honorably served in any combat or warlike actions past, present, and or future I believe earn the title as Warrior.I may get flack for this but REMF's (if you don't know what this is...you have no business reading this)Even if paper and pencil pushers pick up a gun and fight to the death, I would have to consider calling them a Warrior perhaps to a lesser degree.Nevertheless,they fought. This is just my opinion.Any questions or concerns please ask !!!

Last edited by Harland Jones; 10-03-2014 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: U.S.Marines 1stMarine Division SEMPER FI !!! I also feel that the name Warrior is a title and is to be earned not simplya ca
Harland Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 05:44 AM   #12

Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harland Jones View Post
Warriors and soldiers are two different people.Warrior hence the name goes into or has gone into war.I don't feel you can be called a Warrior unless you have gone into battle.Soldier on the other hand does not necessarily mean they have been in a war and spend their whole career never going to war or in any battles. Unless they are a combat soldier or a soldier who has fought in a war(s).Warrior is more of a Native term and some people use or borrow the term (WARRIOR)to define or describe their own meaning.These days the term Warrior is so loosely utilized sports teams etc.

Regardless.In my books any man or woman who has honorably served in any combat or warlike actions past, present, and or future I believe earn the title as Warrior.I may get flack for this but REMF's (if you don't know what this is...you have no business reading this)Even if paper and pencil pushers pick up a gun and fight to the death, I would have to consider calling them a Warrior perhaps to a lesser degree.Nevertheless,they fought. This is just my opinion.Any questions or concerns please ask !!!
Warrior should be earned not simply a catch phrase.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
ahh and so the racism shines through
No me diga y ahora usted tiene que regresar a los campos, mal criado.
windanncer likes this.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
if you want to know who i am , i already posted that up in one of the other threads. Very recently. and the response was that you didn't like that another native was okay with that.

but also in 2009 in introductions you can probably find me there.

thats a whole nutha thread and topic though.
No! What tribe claims you? Who are your people? Who are your elders? Where does your family lay claim to? With all of your typing, this should be an easy job.
windanncer, subeeds and gilisi like this.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,148.17
He said he is Yaqui. It's on his profile and it's in the Aztlan thread". Didn't take much more than 2 mouse clicks to find that.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
i knew right away that this topic would head nowhere good
Old 10-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
He said he is Yaqui. It's on his profile and it's in the Aztlan thread". Didn't take much more than 2 mouse clicks to find that.
I try not to click on anyone's profile, I don't like to leave a trail.
windanncer likes this.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #18
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
koyoteh, I am very concern about your red beads that you had post 58 posts. That is a lot. What are you trying to prove? Are you Native? Your comment don't make any sense to me. You want to ask questions which you are not making this questions clear.

You want to talk about Warriors. That would be for the men to decide how to interpret about Warriors. **hmmm**
stemmed from another thread where topic was way different and posters sidetrracked the topic to other issues such as this.
i thought it best to let it have its own thread instead.
if they really wanted to actually talk about it then they could.

thats about it. i didn't think they would talk about it and they haven't. but seems that others did.

i was about to erase this but i found his response interesting.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #19
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harland Jones View Post

thans for this reply.

interesting. i will digest this.

and pass it on.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:08 AM   #20

C' mon people there has to be more people out there that has an opinion !!! NDNSOLDIERBOY !!! what do you think ??? Lets have your opinion... if you want to !!! I know you have some grit.Let the people know.They might not want to hear it but let them know !!! OK !!!SEMPER FI !!!
Ndnsoldierboy and koyoteh like this.
Sponsored Links