Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Who's going to the Potawatomi Sobriety Pow Wow in Athens, MI? Who's going to the Potawatomi Sobriety Pow Wow in Athens, MI?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
2spirit "Str8" dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond repute
WisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,600.00
Savings: 0.00
Who's going to the Potawatomi Sobriety Pow Wow in Athens, MI?

I was wondering if anyone is planning on attending the 3rd Annual Wellness / Sobriety Pow Wow hosted by the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi in Athens, Michigan July 10-11. I've never been there and was hoping someone could tell me something about it.

Last weekend I went to the pow wow in Tecumseh, MI, which turned out to be a little lame. Don't get me wrong, it was very well organized. The arbor was beautifully constructed. The MC was great as were the drum groups. There were quite a few vendors for such a small pow wow and we had some excellent Indian tacos.

The problem was that there weren't very many dancers, and precious few really good dancers. There were about 15 or so male dancers and twice that many female dancers. One of the things I really enjoy about pow wows is watching really good dancing. Many of the dancers were there, I would assume, for the spiritual aspects of dancing, which is great. That's why I dance sometimes. However, I was disappointed to have travelled that distance to see one or two really good dancers. We ended up leaving early.

I have recently relocated to the Detroit area and would really like to connect with others in this area. I obviously didn't pick the most popular pow wow in the area last weekend and could use some direction with things like that.

Herman
When you are born into this world you reach for either a bow and quiver, which is blessed by the Sun, our Grandfather, or you reach for an awl and sewing bag, which is blessed by the moon, our Grandmother. From that time on you will follow that vision and be blessed.
WisconsinBlackBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links