Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Winnebago Results?? Winnebago Results??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hc_thunder1 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 87.05
Question Winnebago Results??

I heard it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Does anyone have the winners list yet?

I'm sure glad I didn't go this year...I think I would of melted.
hc_thunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Savings: 0.00
I only know the winners of fancy shawl and jingle from my sister.

Women's Fancy
1 - Tanksi Clairmont
2 - Amy Bearskin
3 - Crystal Cleveland
4 - Matilda Littlehead
(there were only 5 dancers)

Women's Jingle
1 - Candace Johnson (? I think that's her last name)
2 - Denise One Star
3 - Sharon Eagleman-Fineday
4 - Chepa Two Eagles (Sharon and Chepa tied)

My mom and sister said the heat index was 106 degrees!!!!

The only other winner I heard was that Ruben Littlehead got 4th in Men's N. Traditional, and that Julius won a grass dance special. I'll find out more from her when I get to talk to her after work.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

hc_thunder1 is on a distinguished road
Savings: 87.05
Cool...thanks for your post!
hc_thunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

AEn8ive_kita is a glorious beacon of light
My cousins went to this and told me Iron Boy took the No. drum contest and So. went to Southern Boyz. All I can remember what I was told...lol...

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol
AEn8ive_kita is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Sorry, I didn't get more winners from my sis before she took off this morning. The only other winners I got were men's fancy.

1 - Spike Draper
2 - Jerry Cleveland, Jr.
3 - Garan Coons
4 - Jeremiah Holy Bull (tied with Eric Shepard)
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
my mini me

ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 190.81
Savings: 1.00
kind of slow for results. Glad to see some of the winners.
Right hc_thunder, you know who I am talking about.LOL
Later
ndldy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Mens Grass
1st Julias NA
2d Buck Spotted Tail
3 ?
4 ?

Mens Trad
1 ?
2d Charles Hindsley
3d ?
4 Rubin Littlehead

GA Women
1 Juanita Walker
2 ?
3 & 4 was Ruby ? and Betty Earth (tied)
Ilona Maney was in there somewhere

GA Men
1 ?
2 Boye Ladd
3 ?
4 ?
5 ?
Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

scorpiostwin11_76 has a spectacular aura about
It sure was hot! I didn't dance, but I helped with a noon meal on Saturday, and I was soaked from all the moving around in the heat. I didn't go to the day sessions at the pow-wow, I only hit the evening sessions. Personally, I think that last year's Winnebago Pow-wow was better, until the contest controversies.

This pow-wow was good, but not nearly as lively as last years, lets just leave it at that. Besides I believe the heat had a lot to do with that as well.
scorpiostwin11_76 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

blueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond repute
winnebago pow-wow

Good pow-wow this year; no drama, no ill feelings, and most of all it was over before monday morning. The winners listed as GA women were actually "women's applique" who were Juanita Walker, Ilona Maney and Betty and Ruby.

Reuben Crow Feather took first in the mens tradish and second place by Charles Hindsley followed by a dance off.

True, it was really hot but it was reminded to us that our service boys and girls serving over in Iraq were experiencing heat in the hundreds into the teens and wearing full army dress, with their gear and no shade. When put in that light, the heat wasn't too hard to bear as we tried to imagine how that would be and knowing that these boys and girls were doing it for us.
blueskysmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #10
Senior Dancer

Items Present
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,499.29
anyone have the winners for teen girls fancy and jingle, i wanted to go to this powwow but stayed home, too hot to go anywhere
thizgirlpowwows is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

records_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond repute
From what I heard the powwow was HOT!!!!! i talked to some people who went from Oklahoma and they said it was hot like back home.

Singing Contest went something like:

Northern -
Ironboy 1st (they rocked the house)
Eagle Feather 2nd
Elk's Whistle ? 3rd

Southern -
Southern Boyz 1st (they rocked too)
Southern Thunder
White Tail

Ho-chunk won the Hochunk category
Bear Singers won 2nd

Hand Drum