Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Winners List For Mt. Pleasant Winners List For Mt. Pleasant

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hummingbird1966 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A suggestion....

We did not attend the Mt. Pleasant powwow but have many times before, we went home to Wiky. But for the age issue, I have seen and heard about it at a few powwows. In Wiky this year, we had to show ID.... no and's, if's, or but's....even if the committee knew the dancer, they still had to show ID. This took care of the committee being able to follow the rules given to the dancers... about jumping up or down in categories-with regards to age. It seemed to work there anyway. Glad to see, read and hear that you guys had a good time too.
hummingbird1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_jinglin_sweetie
I did registration for all of the womens categories and I do remember Lita coming through and I thought that she might be in the golden age category....I didn't want to be disrespectful and accuse her of "jumping down" a category. Especially since it was a woman, we all know that women don't like talking about their age. I myself would have been offended if someone thought that I was supposed to be in golden age and I really wasn't. It's a sticky situation where you don't want to disrespect anyone but you still want to follow the rules. Had someone complained about it when she won then we would have asked for an ID to prove her age.
I've been there and I understand what you are saying....it's a tough spot to be in. Myself, I have no idea how old Lita is either so it's not something I would have thought about asking. Registration is such a busy time with alot of new faces that it's almost impossible to attempt to catch things like that. From what I've seen, it's typical that someone registers, then someone complains or mentions something to a committee member or someone on head staff, then it's addressed after that. But like in this case, it can't be addressed unless someone brings it to your attention in time to do something about it.

I don't think this a big deal for your powwow, it's not some great big controversy at all. Your committee needs to rest up and enjoy the fact that you had a good celebration, treated people well (as usual), people enjoyed themselves and said they would return. Hopefylly we'll be back next year (missed it this year because it was too far to travel with the new baby).
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #23
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
AMEN!!!

The pow-wow was good!! I'm glad I came home! The tabulators was sexy too!
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #24
Teen Dancer

ndneyez is a glorious beacon of light
Committee Chairperson Speaking Here.........

Ok......Here's the deal on the "age controversy"...lol We did NOT purposely allow Ronnie or Lita to register in the younger categories. You are correct in stating, "rules are rules." However with the amount of dancers filtering through registration it is almost impossible to sit there, ask for ID, and calculate everybody's age. Our policy is to address such things as they are brought up. Had anybody questioned the age of these individuals.......the committee would have looked into it and made it right. Every dancer initialed each rule and agreed to bide by them. Bringing this up AFTER THE FACT, there is not much we can do only, apologize we did not catch this, we are human too.

And yes, we LOVE to hear contructive criticism! We invite it. Without hearing from you, we do not know how to make things better in the years coming. We are a new, young committee....we expect that some things will mistakenly be overlooked. So the moral of the story.....Please help us make things more pleasant for you .
ndneyez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #25
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kwe_Zee*
AMEN!!!

Yeah, I agree......we had some GREAT looking tabulators . From what I hear....they were the highlight of the weekend.....lol
Old 08-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #26
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndneyez
Our policy is to address such things as they are brought up. Had anybody questioned the age of these individuals.......the committee would have looked into it and made it right. Every dancer initialed each rule and agreed to bide by them. Bringing this up AFTER THE FACT, there is not much we can do only, apologize we did not catch this, we are human too.
I don't think that the comments were directed at the committee........ but more on that particular dancers honesty and integrity or the lack there of.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #27
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Okay den. Powwow was run good. No probs for me at all. However, the missus asked me to mention that the M.C.s should announce when the contests are coming up. With ndneyez being a tradish dancer with a fully beaded top, she always appreciates it if she knows whether to put on the cloth or the beaded top. My wife put hers on ( it was hot) about 3 on Saturday and she didn't contest til 8:30. An announcement stating that all adults should be ready to dance approximately 6-6:30 woulda been cool. That's when the adult contests actually started.

Ya guys did good, tho. I got no beefs. Wait, I got one........... no seniors rate for the party. Aye, jus' kiddin'.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
Well, I wasn't aware of all of that controversy and no one evidently complained about it, especially those dancing at the time, so I guess it is just 20/20 hindsight...this was a GOOD pow wow and the committee was excellent,as was the staff. It was a fun pow wow, and coming from Oklahoma...it wasn't that hot there at all...80's and low 90's is kind of cool to us. LOL
I hope the committee will continue with the age group splits because like it was stated before...it gives alot of the dancers the opportunity to dance against other dancers that are on their stamina level, and ability..especially fancy and grass because there are still alot of really great fancy dancers that are still dancing and you will see them come out when they have their own age group category because they have the opportunity to jam and not have to dance against those barely 18 year olds. LOL
Good job, committee.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #29
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya
I don't think that the comments were directed at the committee........ but more on that particular dancers honesty and integrity or the lack there of.
Rereading my post..........lol Yeah, didn't mean to come off or anything
Thanks to everyone for their comments . We do read them and will be discussing them at our next meeting. Already next week .........lol For now I will continue to rest easy, been exhuasted all week .
Old 08-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #30
Onyota'a:ka

Oneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond reputeOneida2222 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 373.34
Savings: 149.18
I had a great time at this pow wow! The pow wow committee did a good job and it seemed to run smoothly from our end. My family and I were just happy to be able to dance with all of the awesome dancers that were in attendance! Good Job!
Oneida2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #31
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
The head judges did an outstanding job! NO TIES!!!! At all!! I congratulated them in person. Congrats pow-wow committee for selecting them.
Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #32
Junior Dancer

cute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 10.00
I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Girl
The head judges did an outstanding job! NO TIES!!!! At all!! I congratulated them in person. Congrats pow-wow committee for selecting them.
I had never worked with Jodi and Rusty before and found them to be very friendly and likeable people. They did a great job, I hope they can come back when they aren't working, they are both great dancers as well.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #33
Junior Dancer

cute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to beholdcute_jinglin_sweetie is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 10.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kwe_Zee*
AMEN!!!

Yeah especially the one with the bruises on her leg! LOL!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #34
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_jinglin_sweetie
Yeah especially the one with the bruises on her knees! LOL!
Yup my dear that would be you!!! I thought the tallest one was the sexiest though.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:51 PM   #35
Teen Dancer

From what I heard.......the sexiest tabulator out of the three was the one with LESS kids!! I don't even know what to say about the tabulator whos kid kept getting turned in to the MC stand
Old 08-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #36
is actually posting!

Who was that?? Good thing I forgot I had kids over that weekend or else I would be very embarrassed.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #37
Junior Dancer

RezDawg is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 178.00
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Mack Kingbird took 4th in Mens Southern???!!!*LMAO* I heard the story this past weekend at the pow-wow in Red Lake I was MC at and Mack was arena director...I wish I could have seen this

Peace,
RezDawg
Old 08-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #38
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
What makes that ^^^^ funnier is that he was pretty darned good at it, too. Sometimes we think singers are just singers..that they don't pay that much attention to the dancing, but they know everything...LOL. They know the latest gossip, who has new beadwork, and they can dance any style. Mack was pretty awesome and he had to dance a trot song and he made everyone hoop and hollar, especially the southern people. LOL It was awesome.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #39
Junior Dancer

RezDawg is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 178.00
Yeah he was telling me that the head judge had all the judges following him around the arena...sounded like it was pretty crazy, I was trying to get him to go out and do it this past weekend, but he wouldn't go for it.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #40
&a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; gt;&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp; amp;amp; amp;amp; amp;gt;: +:&a m p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;

Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 590.00
Savings: 1.00
i only saw a picture, looks like he could be good at it haha.

see my powwow videos here...
www.youtube.com/oaklee84
Mr Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links