Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tennessean
  • 2 Post By WhoMe

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing Sneak Up and Ruffle songs Sneak Up and Ruffle songs

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tennessean is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,611.22
Savings: 0.00
Sneak Up and Ruffle songs

Hey everyone. I have visited a few pow wows and greatly enjoyed them, but I have a question about the songs for Sneak Up and Ruffle dances. I know they both start with similar rolling beats, but is there a way to tell them apart (without looking to see what the dancers are doing) by just listening to them? Is there a difference in the structure of the song?
AmigoKumeyaay likes this.
tennessean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,142.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessean View Post
Hey everyone. I have visited a few pow wows and greatly enjoyed them, but I have a question about the songs for Sneak Up and Ruffle dances. I know they both start with similar rolling beats, but is there a way to tell them apart (without looking to see what the dancers are doing) by just listening to them? Is there a difference in the structure of the song?
Sneak ups are Northern and Ruffles are Suuuuuuthern. Ruffles are fast and have 3 hard beats in the middle. Sneak ups have multiple honor beats/down beats and the third time through goes on and doesnt stop until after the 4th push up is finished.
AmigoKumeyaay and tennessean like this.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

tennessean is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,611.22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Sneak ups are Northern and Ruffles are Suuuuuuthern. Ruffles are fast and have 3 hard beats in the middle. Sneak ups have multiple honor beats/down beats and the third time through goes on and doesnt stop until after the 4th push up is finished.
That makes sense. Thanks for the help!
tennessean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links