Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy Ancestry and Genealogy Forum Ancestry and Genealogy Forum

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #41
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
I'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond reputeI'm A Mutt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Another place to look

Neling this may be helpful for the North Carolina end of your search
Services to Genealogists. State Library of North Carolina
I'm A Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #42
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4myself77 View Post
Looking for info pertaining to my grandparents Icadio and Eloisa Diaz Valdez..
Where were they from?

Have you tried Vital records in the state and county that they lived in? Or the Federal Census records?
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

Lalloona is an unknown quantity at this point
A few questions

First a little back story...Polly Tomberlin born 1798 VA and George Dowell 1789 Tennessee are my 4th great grandparents. The handwritten Bible/Family records for them say that Polly was of Cherokee Nation although it does not say exact amount. Records on these two are very hard to come by. I have two pictures of her and I am not sure if this info is true. She is darker then average for the time and has jewelry that the say is Native American on ( in both photos i have). I know that I can never prove or dis prove this and I am fine with that I am not trying to get enrolled or anything to that affect. I just want to know who and where I come from. If anyone would be willing to look at the pictures and give me there option ( I know that no one can be for sure).
On a side note if anyone knows where Ogrash Valley, Alabama (the spelling could be off) is I would be very grateful if they could tell me. A few of Polly and George's kids were born there according to the family record...however I can not locate this place as of yet. Thanks for taking the time to look this over. Heidi
KatsEyeView likes this.
Lalloona is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #44
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalloona View Post
First a little back story...Polly Tomberlin born 1798 VA and George Dowell 1789 Tennessee are my 4th great grandparents. The handwritten Bible/Family records for them say that Polly was of Cherokee Nation although it does not say exact amount. Records on these two are very hard to come by. I have two pictures of her and I am not sure if this info is true. She is darker then average for the time and has jewelry that the say is Native American on ( in both photos i have). I know that I can never prove or dis prove this and I am fine with that I am not trying to get enrolled or anything to that affect. I just want to know who and where I come from. If anyone would be willing to look at the pictures and give me there option ( I know that no one can be for sure).
On a side note if anyone knows where Ogrash Valley, Alabama (the spelling could be off) is I would be very grateful if they could tell me. A few of Polly and George's kids were born there according to the family record...however I can not locate this place as of yet. Thanks for taking the time to look this over. Heidi
Well, there are no Rolls as far as I can find back to 1798 for the Cherokee, however there are many many records out there going back. You just have to try to look and see if you can find the name on one of them. It's not easy, but some do exist--just not all that many. Another place to look is Church Records, even back then there were many churches who kept records and many of them have been published in books or are at the Church of the Latter Day Saints in their Family History Center's. I have done alot of research in this area and have not come across the name of Tomberlin, doesn't mean they weren't there just that I haven't run across them.

Ogrash, Alabama may have had a name change many years ago. Many of the old names and town names changed alot between the late 1700's and up to 1850. What I would recomend is that you go to a library--to their Humanities department and see if they have an old map or book on what the old territories were for that time period, another place to look is old Alabama history books. Do you know what County it was in? That's where I would start. I'll see if I can find something on it, but no guarantee there.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #45
Pow Wow Visitor

Lalloona is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you very much for replying. I will investigate the avenues you suggested. I know that my second cousin has done much research into them and from what she has told me she has exhausted every resource she can find. The time period and places they lived seem to have had a problem with records being destroyed, Alas it maybe a dead end in which we will never really know. Thanks again! Heidi
p.s. I uploaded those pictures if anyone would like to give there opinion!
Also it may have been Oquash Valley, Alabama no one knows were this place was or could have been as of yet there are no birth records found for them...but I will keep trying!

Last edited by Lalloona; 01-25-2010 at 12:45 AM..
Lalloona is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #46
Tiny Tot Dancer

terrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scaleterrylynn is off the scale
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwataga View Post
WOW a forum for this category!!???!! YEAH PAUL G!!!!

Neling why not share the name you are stopped at.... some one on here may have a tip or line for you...
Sexton is not a very poplar name so can be localized... i know we had a man marry into the EBCI but he was not EBCI.....But thought they were from VA or further north...
do you follow your ancestory threw your grandmother or grandfather,and which parent?judiaism is threw mothers side europing is threw the father so is some other middle eastern groups.my great grandmother was native american.she is from my fathers side i have a picture of her is there any way to tell which tribe she may have belonged to?i dont mean any disrespect.in some cultures alot of people resimble closely to eachother.there are differences though.please help me.I believe my grandmother was Iroquios.(Onieda)and are the dna test enough for anyone to truelyknow who thier,ancestors and decendants.are the Iroquios i know they are a different family then the Cherokee.what are their feelings on someone who is looking or rather trying to find the decendants of there ansesters.whether they are fullblood or not.i am sure i have relatives out there somewhere.thankyou

Last edited by terrylynn; 04-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: needed to add some more info
terrylynn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #47
Pow Wow Visitor

msquared48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Just joined the forum today after investigating the term "Black Irish" on the net and reading about the link to the "Black Dutch". Needless to say, I was shocked about the implications with what I read. The possibility of a Native American heritage has never crossed my mind. I guess you learn something new every day, and this has been quite a day...

My father always said he was of Black Irish, as my great grandfather who lived in Muncie, Indiana, did emigrate directly from Ireland, specifically the area 50 miles to the southwest of Dublin. I had always suspected a black lineage from that connection, but it has not been confirmed. May be just a myth on that side of the line.

My mother is a different story though. She was from Georgia, originally a Dutch penal colony, and claimed primarily Dutch ancestry, with relatives in Arkansas, Georgia and Virginia. Never really talked much about her heritage and seemed unwilling to do so, which seemed odd to me. Now I wonder if she was hiding something after reading an article on the net that led me to this forum. The scenario seems in line with the article.

My wife has either Cherolee or Blackfoot in her ancestry that we have to confirm on paper yet through the Cherokee Nation roles and DNA, but have not had much luck. The name of the link on the roles is "Nancy Black".

I am really wondering now if I have similar ties to either Cherokee, Chickasaw, or Creek, based on the article's discussion of the 'Black Dutch". I guess I will start with the link to Ancestry.com mentioned in the posts above and see what comes of it. When we can afford it, we are also going to check our DNA too.
msquared48 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #48
Pow Wow Visitor

wa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond reputewa-ti wa-hya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,867.49
Similar Cultures....

Having Scottish, Irish and Native Blood....

Everything that we inherit, the rain, the skies, the speech, and anybody who works in the English language in Ireland knows that there's the dead ghost of Gaelic in the language we use and listen to and that those things will reflect our Irish identity~~John McGahern

Sound familiar?

The saga of the American Indian is one of greatness and tragedy. Let all people be aware of this story and the lessons to be learned from it.
wa-ti wa-hya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #49
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 100,184.91
oh sissy. You are gonna be so banned!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 AM   #50
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,764.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by skissedob View Post
На этом сайте элитная недвижимость в чехии Вы сможете найти в короткой форме всю необходимую информацию по покупке недвижимости в Чехии. Мы квалифицированно поможем Вам зарегистрировать фирму в Праге, подготовитьсоставить документы на ВНЖ, подобрать, отремонтировать, обставить и сдать в аренду любую недвижимость в Чехии.
mytyerbats-which is the only Russian word I know and I think it's spelled right and no, I won't translate it since this is a family friendly forum.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Last edited by subeeds; 12-04-2011 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: spelling
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #51
Pow Wow Visitor

MistaMo is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 32.16
Help please?

Kwe, I am an 18 year old from the eastern GTA, Canada. I am looking for a family by the name of Tuwishaw. Some suggestions of what course of action to take would be greatly appreciated! :)

Nia:wen

MistaMo

Last edited by MistaMo; 12-05-2011 at 09:50 PM..
MistaMo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

Squid is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 149.97
My name is Kristina and I am currently of the age 20. I recently have been led to follow the culture of the Native Americans. I have been told that my Great grandmother on my mother's side (Her father's mother) was 100% Native American. I do not know from which tribe. I have been trying to find information on her and my own roots so I can learn more about the culture and understand the signs the spirit has been showing me in greater depth.

I am very new to all of the culture, but it just feels so right to me. This is the information I have:

My great grandmother, who I am trying to find her name was Maria Blackshire. Maria was married to my Great Grandfather, Benjamin Slack Morris. ( Born: Feb 1866 - Kanawha County, West Virginia) Their other Children include: Opal, Tressa, Merrill, Harry, Eugene, William, Nellie and my Grandfather, Clifford Glen. She also went by the name of "Fannie" (Maria T.\F. Blackshire)

My mother, his daughter's Maiden name is Carolyn Sue Morris. She has two sisters by the names Myra, Jacqueline and a brother named Glen. Her father was married several times, her mother's name is Brenda Joyce Summers- but as far as I understand she is not of native American Decent.

This is most of the information I have. I am desperately seeking to find what tribe she may have been from and more information on the tribe.

Edit: Confirmed her name IS Maria Blackshire (So much confusion)

Edit again: Her Father's name was James A. Blackshire born Abt 1839 - Marion County, Virginia

Her mother was Mary Ann Pauley
Born: Abt 1846 - Boone County, Virginia

Paternal Father and mother:
Father: Ebenezer Blackshire (Abt 1816-Bef 1870)
Mother: Maria Cunningham (Abt 1818- )

Maternal Father and mother: Father: Daniel Pauley (1815-1888)
Mother: Cynthia Canterbury (1815-1889)

Edit 12/09/11: Found her birth records. Maria F(annie?) Blacksher Nov. 8th 1873 in Little Sandy Kanawha co. West Virginia.

Edit 12/09/11: Found Death records. She died 21 Apr. 1916 of tuberculosis in Elk District, Kanawha co., WV.

Tribes native to the Kanawha River valley include: Inquois, Delaware, Shawny, Huron, Conoy and Susquehannok

Where do I start looking to find what tribe she was from? (If what I am told is correct, which I assume it is. My mother carries a lot of physical features common among the indigenous peoples.)

Edit 12/18/11: Discovered the Blackshire paternal line becan in England. Thomas Blackshaw, a tobacco merchant born in 1581. He sailed to America where he was one of the first settlers of Delaware. After the American Revoloution, the Blackshaw (now known as Blackshire/Blackshear/Blackshere/Blacksher) moved west to colonize what is now modern day West Virginia and Pennsylvania. - So the paternal line of "blackshire" is ruled out.

Last edited by Squid; 12-18-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #53
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squichfic View Post
What is the Process to commence the Roulette game and Rewards of game?
It begins by hanging your head in embarrassment for spamming. Your post has been reported.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #54
Bite Me

Items Elephant
Jadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond reputeJadenia has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 615.06
Your opinion?

Ok, So I'm gonna do this one more time but with your help if possible. Ok this is what I have. I have a bio grandfather with the last name is Stout. I do not know his culture, never met him, he gave my father up for adoption. I just know his last name and that he lives in Texas. I have my grandmothers side her great grandmothers last name who was supposed to be either full blooded Sou or full Cherokee, my grandmother is getting old and her memory is fading. That last name is Pack.

How should go about this further? I might* be able to get more info if I can track down my bio grandmother, but on my mums side that's all i can get from asking the elderly in the family. What ya think?
Jadenia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #55
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 85,198.26
You need to be your own detective, and build your background step-by-step, each generation back as far as you can.

I would suggest you go visit the oldest living relatives before they pass away. Ask to see any photos they have, check for notes on the back. Also, any old books, or bibles often have old notes, letters, and photos tucked inside.

Take a video camera and interview them as a keepsake, just let them talk about family, weddings, funerals, who went into the service, or college, etc.

All these things can generate leads to track down other family members, even where people are buried can give you clues as you build your family matrix on paper.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #56
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular OneParty of Five
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm A Mutt View Post
Neling this may be helpful for the North Carolina end of your search
Services to Genealogists. State Library of North Carolina
I just saw this after being A.W.O.L. for a while. Thanks for the link, Mutt! I will definitely check it out.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #57
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emullierm View Post
Hello. And Bye.
HUH?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
Pow Wow Visitor

Snowbirdwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 129.84
With the postings of Geneology for all tribes , please allow me to state this with great respect . As for myself i am adopted and during all these years when i turned late 40s i did findout , just by word of mouth , so to speak , that i am , aswell as my brothers are from the Keetowah Tribe , wolf clan , but the hardest thing was and still is , since we are adopted from very young ages , its the redtatpe that ceases us from becoming fully recognized as the fully accredited Native American Indian Tribe in which we are rightfully given by birth . So if anyone has any suggestions on how to plce the final piece of puzzle that is needed for us to be able to request becoming fully accredited Indians , then will one please do so . This search has been long and hard and to say the least impossible . We may look truely as our heritage is but what is look if we cant be fully accredited ?Wado for any information
Snowbirdwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #59
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,043.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdwolf View Post
With the postings of Genealogy for all tribes , please allow me to state this with great respect . As for myself i am adopted and during all these years when i turned late 40s i did find out , just by word of mouth , so to speak , that i am , aswell as my brothers are from the Keetoowahs Tribe , wolf clan , but the hardest thing was and still is , since we are adopted from very young ages , its the redtatpe that ceases us from becoming fully recognized as the fully accredited Native American Indian Tribe in which we are rightfully given by birth . So if anyone has any suggestions on how to place the final piece of puzzle that is needed for us to be able to request becoming fully accredited Indians , then will one please do so . This search has been long and hard and to say the least impossible . We may look truly as our heritage is but what is look if we cant be fully accredited ?Wado for any information
Simple
Trace to the 1949 Base roll an direct Ancestor (Parents Grandparents)
You must be 1/4 or More Cherokee apply to the council and your in!
By the way they also accept an ancestor that is on the Dawes Rolls they were also enrolled in that Roll.

To start you must have a birth certificate that shows Parents that are related to the next generation and how, usually a Death certificate if they are no longer here or there Birth Certificate if still living. Family Bible information will not work must be certified State Documents. But your proof must come in an unbroken line to that Ancestor that is listed on the either Roll, this is also called Lineal Descendants.

1949 Roll:
http://www.ukb-nsn.gov/documents/1949BaseRoll.pdf
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #60
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdwolf View Post
With the postings of Geneology for all tribes , please allow me to state this with great respect . As for myself i am adopted and during all these years when i turned late 40s i did findout , just by word of mouth , so to speak , that i am , aswell as my brothers are from the Keetowah Tribe , wolf clan , but the hardest thing was and still is , since we are adopted from very young ages , its the redtatpe that ceases us from becoming fully recognized as the fully accredited Native American Indian Tribe in which we are rightfully given by birth . So if anyone has any suggestions on how to plce the final piece of puzzle that is needed for us to be able to request becoming fully accredited Indians , then will one please do so . This search has been long and hard and to say the least impossible . We may look truely as our heritage is but what is look if we cant be fully accredited ?Wado for any information
Josiah is right about proving your Native heritage. But you said it was by "word of mouth". Which means to me that you were only told of that. First thigs first and what you have to do first is open your adoption records. Have you done that? It's not as difficult as some may think. Although, each State and County have different rules and regs about adoption records and some are sealed. You can petition the courts to unseal or open your adoption records. From there you will find out who your birth mother was, it's a 50/50 on finding out who your father was, but your mother should be listed. Then from there you need to obtain your original birth certificate. When a child is adopted that goes through court. The was it was explained to me is that it doesn't matter where the child was actually born, at the time of the adoption there is a new birth certificate issued listing the current place of the adopted parents on that certificate, many times these certificates are called "Amended" Birth Certificates and that's where you need to start to find and trace your original birth certificate and that will lead you to where Josiah is telling you to go, he is right.
Sponsored Links