Like Tree39Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy DNA Tests DNA Tests

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #21
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,373.83
Savings: 0.00
Ya know, with all the discussion about these DNA tests, I've never heard that they have figured out to test about personality.

When I was a kid, I was talking to my mom about this family (in our tribe) & how it seemed like everyone in this family was mean. I was giving her examples of how they acted/what they had done.

She told me, "It's in their blood." She said that it's one of our old beliefs that personalities & character traits, just like physical traits like hair & eye color, that that is passed down through the blood. So then we talked about this other family where all the girls are really sweet & lovely. It was just their nature.

I think everybody can still choose how they want to behave & act/react in any situation, but I think what's in someone's blood plays a part too.
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #22
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Savings: 0.00
Yes, I think so too! I know two sisters who have never met, but have the same father. I met the older one first, when she was a teenager and grew into a young woman, and the other was just a young girl. The older one was very bubbly, had a distictive bubbly laugh and was kinda ditzy/spacey/happy go lucky.

I went to go visit the mother of the younger girl and heard the exact same laugh coming from the younger girl. She not only grew up to resemble her older half sister, but had the same bubbly/ditzy personality. At the time, I didn't even know they were related, but after inquiring, I found out the relationship.

BTW: I sent in my saliva sample to Ancestry DNA, but it's a long wait for the results 6-10 weeks.
windanncer likes this.