Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree82Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy earlier lifes ago... earlier lifes ago...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
Ugh. As. If.

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,898.11
Savings: 1.00
Thumbs down

Really lbgood?
windanncer likes this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2014, 02:23 AM   #22
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Savings: 0.00
Oh I wouldn't have pegged you for a cry baby, you must hanging around someone we know and it's rubbing off on you..

I think I will just stick to the arcade
windanncer likes this.
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #23
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,714.32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTurkey View Post
and im tired being judged cause im swedish or that i've not grew up in a family with any of these tribes cultures clans groups
Here is a very fundamental difference in worldview between European and American cultures and most of our cultures.

My people place great emphasis on children learning proper kinship behavior. Every level of consanguineal (blood), affinal (marriage) and ficitive (social) kinship binds one into a web of mutual support and obligations. You are to a great extent bounded by your relationship to those around you.

If these ties do not exist, you are not part of our nation. This is not a judgement; it is fact. No level of imagined rapport will make up for these ties. They are at the heart of our social structure and cohesion as a People.

Yes, like all groups we choose to enfold outsiders in the bonds of affinal and fictive kinship. But there is a key point in the prior sentence: "we choose." One of the fundamental activities of any group is determining who is a member. When outsiders declare themselves part of us by virtue of a "Red Heart", "Indian Spirit" or whatever metaphor they use, they are attacking our sovereignty. It is the equivalent of me getting off the plane at Arlanda, going to the nearest family get together, declaring myself a long-lost cousin, eating all the kroppkakor, and voting in the local election.

A piece of advice:

My people have stories about a Spirit that violates our culture's most fundamental and strict rules, and delights in tricking others into behaving in deviant ways, much to their woe. He does things like tricking mothers into eating a stew made from their babies. He lies and tells people what they want to hear to make fools or worse of them. His associates occasionally appear at ceremony and grants people the literal interpretation of their wishes, sometimes to their great regret.

[email protected]Joe's Dad's says: Beware those that tell you exactly what you want to hear. They may be trying to trick you into eating your children.

Last edited by OLChemist; 10-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Proof reading not just a good idea....
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #24
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,863.22
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Here is a very fundamental difference in worldview between European and American cultures and most of our cultures.

My people place great emphasis on children learning proper kinship behavior. Every level of consanguineal (blood), affinal (marriage) and ficitive (social) kinship binds one into a web of mutual support and obligations. You are to a great extent bounded by your relationship to those around you.

If these ties do not exist, you are not part of our nation. This is not a judgement; it is fact. No level of imagined rapport will make up for these ties. They are at the heart of our social structure and cohesion as a People.

Yes, like all groups we choose to enfold outsiders in the bonds of affinal and fictive kinship. But there is a key point in the prior sentence: "we choose." One of the fundamental activities of any group is determining who is a member. When outsiders declare themselves part of us by virtue of a "Red Heart", "Indian Spirit" or whatever metaphor they use, they are attacking our sovereignty. It is the equivalent of me getting off the plane at Arlanda, going to the nearest family get together, declaring myself a long-lost cousin, eating all the kroppkakor, and voting in the local election.

A piece of advice:

My people have stories about a Spirit that violates our culture's most fundamental and strict rules, and delights in tricking others into behaving in deviant ways, much to their woe. He does things like tricking mothers into eating a stew made from their babies. He lies and tells people what they want to hear to make fools or worse of them. His associates occasionally appear at ceremony and grants people the literal interpretation of their wishes, sometimes to their great regret.

[email protected]Joe's Dad's says: Beware those that tell you exactly what you want to hear. They may be trying to trick you into eating your children.
Very well said.
wardancer likes this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTurkey View Post
i want to thank you too
for supporting me and pleased to meet you too elder
Old 10-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #26
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,763.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
most kind, thank you

by the way i am a full blood sla'pahoe

pleased to meet you
Wow-I thought all of you guys were hiding in the mountains with those Cherokee who didn't want to be moved.
windanncer and TeenaBear like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 AM   #27
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Wow-I thought all of you guys were hiding in the mountains with those Cherokee who didn't want to be moved.
us SLA'PAHOE never hide. SLA'PAHOE pride!!!
subeeds likes this.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #28
Hello from SoCal

TeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond reputeTeenaBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 832.45
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
most kind, thank you

by the way i am a full blood sla'pahoe

pleased to meet you
:
TeenaBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links