Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy Genealogy Resources Genealogy Resources

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #61
ProInGenealogist

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Indian Genealogy assistance

Hello All!

I saw a lot of people looking for help with their Indian Genealogy research and thought I would post my info if anyone wants to contact me or has any questions.

I am a professional Indian Genealogist/Historian with over 30 years experience specializing in The Five Civilized Tribes-CHEROKEE,CHOCTAW,CHICKASAW,CREEK and SEMINOLE and can help with most other Tribes as well. I can answer any questions you might have.
Have a great day! :-)

Last edited by wyo_rose; 04-27-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: removed email address
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #62
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Savings: 0.00
Hello Dee,

I hope you can answer questions here, because you cannot advertise your professional (and by professional, I assume you mean for a fee) services in the forums.

Please visit our Trading Post to post an advertisement, if you wish, at
classifieds.powwows.com

Thank you!
wyo_rose
Forum Admin
windanncer likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #63
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,083.65
Savings: 0.00
1885-1940 Indian Census Microfiche Reels

Last year my sister asked me to research & document our NDN family genealogy to provide independent & published verifiable proof of our family tree ancestry.

This wasn’t about figuring out if we are NDN or blood quantum….our family ancestry is known within our tribe back 5 generations from me on my grandmother’s side into the early 1800’s & 7 generations on my grandfather’s side back to when birth dates were estimated or had no dates.

This effort was to find out about a relative that no one had talked about while we were growing up & someone who my sister & I never knew existed. This was to satisfy NAGPRA rules and to prove we are direct lineal descendants in order to repatriate sacred objects & cultural patrimony for which our relative had been given the responsibility to be a caretaker of on behalf of the tribe. These items should not have been dispossessed from our tribe. This relative had no right to sell these items as they were entrusted to him & were not his property; rather these sacred objects were for the benefit of our tribe.

As an aside, the collector was Alanson Skinner for the American Museum of Natural History in the early 1900s. The things that Skinner did were terrible. Members of our tribe gave him the nickname of “The Weasel” at some point; I was sickened to read his own notes boasting of his unscrupulous tactics and how he took advantage of and exploited Indian people.

So, anyway, I don’t know if this can help anyone else out, but I thought I would post this in case it does. In my digging around I found this link:
http://www.donslist.net/PGHLookups/I...18851940s.html

This website contains the microfilm records from the National Archives for American Indian Census(es) that were done from 1885-1940s. I found going through these reels really interesting!

You can scroll down the list, find your tribe or the Indian Agency that was assigned to your tribe, open up a reel & start perusing. It’s great that this info is free & you don’t have to pay those Mormons to access it. Thanks to Donslist!
BDI's likes this.
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links