Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree66Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy Native American Ancestry in Australia Native American Ancestry in Australia

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #21
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,929.99
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanfromOz View Post
Hi, I'm a girl from outback Australia that grew up thinking she was Spanish, Scottish and Asian.
I never met my grandfather because he died before I was born but I saw plenty of photos and he clearly looked Asian as far as I could see.
He didn't know what his ethnicity was but assumed Asian. After having many DNA tests to confirm I found out that I am part Native American and Inuit. Besides my Italian, Spanish and Scottish.

I've matched up with many people who have Cherokee blood as well as Inuits. All of the people I match who have Cherokee blood are descendants of Fivekiller.

I believe my Great grandmother Esther was in America before she came to Australia and she arrived here pregnant.

It feels a bit surreal to find out I have Native American Ancestry. My mother and I have always been interested in Native American culture, jewellery, medicine, spirit religion etc. We both have always used natural medicine and have always been very spiritual. We are both Clairvoyant and have always wondered where it came from. I'm not sure if we have the same spirit guides but are very intune with nature and animals.

My Grandfather was a farmer and butcher and my mother used to assist him in animal slaughter and skinning from when she was a child.

A world away from where my Ancestor came from on the plains of America. I've always been drawn to Native American men in a big way, I had a long distance relationship with a Native American man I met online. He died before I got to meet him in person sadly.

I've always had a longing to visit America and go to a reservation from when I was a little girl. I'm looking forward to experiencing Native culture and hospitality one day.

Is it difficult to find a reservation to visit to experience Native culture? Will I be accepted as a part Native woman and be allowed to come to a Powwow? It would mean a lot to me to be accepted in this way.

I'm don't want or need a piece of paper or a stamp to prove anything. I know I am Native, it's in my heart, and the blood that fills my veins. A certificate doesn't add anything to how I feel about being part Indian.

I feel very privileged to say that I am part Native American and carry the spirits of my Ancestors.

✨✨
Don't y'all have Mexicans 'n other Latin American peoples out there? We tend to possess significant Native American ancestry, especially around half like me so they should count as well and that's especially since many Amerinds in the US are mixed even without realizing it.
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Which part is Cherokee? :)

You can see my photo on my profile pic. I'm more Inuit than Cherokee though. I've managed to find my Inuit family members through DNA tracking. I seem to be related to most Cherokee people from Tennessee and Indiana. We might be related! :0

I don't have any fancy beadwork to boast. I only know how to cook every kind of meal under the sun, can grow almost every fruit and vegetable, and oh, yeah I used to be a masseuse.

Other than that I'm hopeless with sewing so I'm no good for you.

:p
I mighta been talking to the yellow rose of Texas!
wardancer and alumphfres like this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #23
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,231.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I mighta been talking to the yellow rose of Texas!
Heck JsD , she might be yer cuzzin , ennit ?

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #24
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Heck JsD , she might be yer cuzzin , ennit ?
It's ok...as long as we're not from the same county.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

WomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these parts
Credits: 1,195.29
Removed

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 09-11-2018 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Privacy
WomanfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #26
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
JsD don't care ! :

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

WomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these parts
Dear ChildrenFromTheSun

Removing due to bullying.
ChildrenFromTheSun likes this.

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 09-11-2018 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Privacy
Old 07-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #28
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Iím mostly into Navajo and Inuit guys anyway :p

I have Inuit on one grandfatherís side. The Cherokee comes from my other grandmotherís side.

Yeah, Iím yellow but not from Texas lol!
She was African American cuz.
Yeah. I'm not the kinda into type...cuz

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Yeah. I'm not the kinda into type...cuz
Whachoo talkin about Cherokee?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:34 AM   #30
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Whachoo talkin about Cherokee?
You're going to have to refer to me as Mr. Cherokee.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #31
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
You're going to have to refer to me as Mr. Cherokee.
Aw, nuts
Old 07-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #32
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
yeah , sometimes he's kinda nutz ! LOL
alumphfres and subeeds like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #33
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Yeah. Sometimes he's kinda chocolate
wardancer and subeeds like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #34
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
and sometimes he's "The Elder"

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-29-2018, 04:49 PM   #35
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Hey, I part Cherokee! Wachu look like? Send a photo of your beadwork.

JD is here to check out the pretty ladies!
Quote:

You can see my photo on my profile pic. I'm more Inuit than Cherokee though. I've managed to find my Inuit family members through DNA tracking. I seem to be related to most Cherokee people from Tennessee and Indiana. We might be related! :0

I don't have any fancy beadwork to boast. I only know how to cook every kind of meal under the sun, can grow almost every fruit and vegetable, and oh, yeah I used to be a masseuse.

Quote:
Iím mostly into Navajo and Inuit guys anyway :p

I have Inuit on one grandfatherís side. The Cherokee comes from my other grandmotherís side.

Yeah, Iím yellow but not from Texas lol!
She was African American cuz.
Quote:
Aw, nuts
I came to apologize and welcome you to powwows.com. Those who have been here a long time know I like to have fun...sometimes, at the expense of new members. Wecome to the forum.

P.S. I'm not Cherokee. You dont have to call me Mr.. LOL
subeeds and WomanfromOz like this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #36
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
You don't have to call me Mr.LOL
Why would she call you Mr.LOL when yer handle's Joe'sDad ?
WomanfromOz likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #37
Tiny Tot Dancer

Dear Mr Joe's Dad

Privacy

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 09-11-2018 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Privacy
Old 07-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #38
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
It's ok. Australians practically invented sarcasm and it's a language I'm proficient in :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm up for fun and I get your sense of humour.

I'm also part Australian Aboriginal and Polynesian. I grew up with Koori kids and if you are Native you refer to other Natives as cuz. Is it the same over there?

PS: I don't know any Navajo guys. I was being playful :p I have no preference. I'm attracted to ALL Native men.
I'm hiding!
wardancer and subeeds like this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #39
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:

Wait. I read the last sentence. I'm safe.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #40
Tiny Tot Dancer

Removed

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 09-11-2018 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Removed
Sponsored Links