Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree7Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Ancestry and Genealogy why is there no.... why is there no....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,641.56
Savings: 0.00
Only part of me that mite bee seen is left and right outer cheek my breachcloth's will be one hundred percent and u must insert between legs bring up than bring belt in from back area than let cloth apron section lay over belt after belt has secured that section front part of belt secure's front area after it is fastened. I talking about a full pledge breachcloth's with bindings not two towels on a string and nothing securing or covering my private sector

Last edited by WoundedBear; 01-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Forgot few words
WoundedBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #22

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 17,518.28
I am sorry or maybe not if I tell my own view...

Since my time I have been living and being married to two NDN's - I felt home for the first time in my life.
I am white - so what? A white female who since childhood was drawn to NDN's and that bond never left me. I am trying so hard to adjust to white peoples ways but I fail. So the consequences are that I vegetate a lonely life in Germany. I do not have the funds to afford a journey back to my native friends. And I am not willing to dispose myself any longer to those (...) at work. So I rather spend my life in loneliness than getting that bad stuff those females gave me at work and I know there's always one hurting me. Well, that can happen elsewhere too. I must be mad to tell the world about this! But... to quote...

Quote:
i have never before come across such a sense of equality and welcome-ness
While living with NDN's...

I rather spend my life in isolation than joining in closeness with other whites again unless... they'd understand - but I doubt that. Man it's not about me, but I got nothing to lose. And all those that are not NDN natives and know what I am talking about are welcome in my life. I like to be the gentle kind shadow friend, since all I can be is a shadow kind of friend because of me not being able to move back to the States do dance in the background at Powwows... unless anyone finding me worthy enough to join the Arena. Maybe someone understands what I am saying maybe not. Yes, I have been drinking a bit and that's why I talk like this now as normally I am not open to do so. I do not know if it's right or wrong to talk open, but I know what I felt while being on NDN grounds and... at least I was able to enjoy life and being just BEING at those Powwows I went to in CA, AZ and NM. If this all sounds selfcentered... well, I am in dispear. Spiritual dispear.. I fly my own way... since everybody white seems to abandon me.

Last edited by Spiritflight; 01-09-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo Janis View Post
Pardon my ignorance on tribal regalia but what is a 'breach cloth'. I think I know the answer ;) but don't want to take anything for granted seeing as I am a big city NDN.
Is that spelled right? Whatever it is, that sounds like something that is worn without underpants!!!! by the Warriors of the AniKituhwa. I know they do not wear underpants, because they said so. No, I didn't look.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

Items Treasure ChestGuitar
Elo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,333.95
My 2 cents...
I can sort of understand why Cherokees would have a bit of an attitude with non enrolled members since everyone (sympathetic whites) and their mothers claim they are 1/8 or 1/16 Cherokee whenever I tell of my Lakota heritage.
The whole 'wanting to be NDN' so bad yet they are standing in front of me with blue / blonde with some turquoise thrown in for realness.
Speaking for my tribe, or at least my interpretation of it, whenever I am on the rez there is no spoken distinction between non enrolled/registered and enrolled members. As long as you can speak the language all is good...
So y'all go commando huh?
Elo Janis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #25

All is good - babe -
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #26
Banned

WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo Janis View Post
My 2 cents...
I can sort of understand why Cherokees would have a bit of an attitude with non enrolled members since everyone (sympathetic whites) and their mothers claim they are 1/8 or 1/16 Cherokee whenever I tell of my Lakota heritage.
The whole 'wanting to be NDN' so bad yet they are standing in front of me with blue / blonde with some turquoise thrown in for realness.
Speaking for my tribe, or at least my interpretation of it, whenever I am on the rez there is no spoken distinction between non enrolled/registered and enrolled members. As long as you can speak the language all is good...
So y'all go commando huh?
That's the people not make things easy for the laget Indian and I dislike wannabe indians
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedBear View Post
That's the people not make things easy for the laget Indian and I dislike wannabe indians
Wannabe's? The old story. Everone is what he/she is. I am not a wannabe - just a friend. That's all. I am always myself.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #28
Banned

U no wanna be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgottengermanwoman View Post
Wannabe's? The old story. Everone is what he/she is. I am not a wannabe - just a friend. That's all. I am always myself.
I talking about person who are not like u .freinds is freinds I talking about white people who are fraud's or have been trying to get citizenship's under false pretense
Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #29
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,276.39
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Hmmmm.....Seems you don't like yourself much !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #30
Show me the Frybread...

Highwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,811.64
War dancer strikes again :)) the blue eyes thing sometimes you can't choose which parent you take after so sometimes you get stuck with blue eyes.. So there are many half natives out there with blue eyes.
Highwolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #31

Quote:
I talking about person who are not like u .freinds is freinds I talking about white people who are fraud's or have been trying to get citizenship's under false pretense
Oh - okay - thank you -
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
Banned

War dancer if u talking on here that's a good sign we are all still alive and I got no blue eyes just super dark brown eyes and brown hair so dark it close to being black
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Just what I was thinking.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
News flash I am Indian . I no wanna be me wardancer and further more johna brown is on baker role baker role is east band Cherokee and I dislike this dumb iPhone to every time I do reply it changes wording or don't put all in as I typed
Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 81,841.17
Ok, I wasn't going to engage. I was going to avoid this, but I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. So, wresting this conversation back from discussions of breechcloths, hoopskirts and historic clothing, and how rough various people's lives are...

Could we quit whining about the &*^% cards and how mean the tribes are? Folks please step back for a minute and consider the wellbeing of the peoples you are claiming.

Native people in the US have a dual identity, both cultural and political. Tribal citizens are members both of a distinctive culture and a sovereign political entity. (Zeke, we can argue the ramifications of Cohen's "domestic dependent nations" later, LOL.) Tribes have a unique relationship with the US government. It is complex and nuanced and sometimes really ugly, but it is key our survival as distinctive cultures. It means the members of a tribe stand in a different relationship to the US than non-Tribal members.

Tribes also provide, as they did in the past, services to their citizens like state, city and county governments. Tribes must do so with limited budgets and land bases. They must husband their resources.

It is easy to dismiss Tribal membership requirements as money driven things. However, one of the fundamental acts of any group -- be it nation, tribe or Elks club -- is defining who is and is not part. Our peoples did this before the lost white guy washed up on shore, but after military conquest this exercise of national autonomy was stripped from us. For the tribes to truly practice sovereignty, they must be able to reassert the right to determine membership criteria for the tribal body politic. This is a painful reality. It is going to leave some people out, but it is necessary to preserve Native political distinctiveness.

Enrollment has nothing to do with culture. That is what you get from your kin. It is your language, religion, manners, arts, literature…. Paper isn't going to make it or take it. Your community and family and your investment in and interaction with these things are what makes you Indian.

I was taught, ultimately Native identity isn't about you, it's about the continuity and health of the community we give our children. It is about being a good relative to our families and Nations. That commitment is what is claimed when claiming Native identity.

And before the outtalucks jump all over me. I'm not enrolled either. So what? I is who I is.

That's my $0.02 (US). Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by OLChemist; 01-12-2013 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Ouch, subject verb agreement is not just a good idea. More grammatical ouchies.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #36
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
I am very sorry about your awful childhood, Mr. WBear, but you need to realize something:

None of that was your fault!

You obviously have issues. You are not alone. You can get help.

I do not know if you have ndn ancestry or not. I am beginning to think that is not the issue here. I think the issue is you needing something, and you think being "indian" will give you what you need.

I know it is hard to let go of the past, but it will help to do so. Now is now, and the past is over and gone. Don't let those who hurt you continue to hurt you. Don't let your life be a testament to them.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
Show me the Frybread...

Highwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond reputeHighwolf89 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,811.64
OLChemist wow you could have not put the point any clearer 100 points to u :)) I agree 100%... You should have come sooner lol
Highwolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
Banned

Thanks but it won't last long

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Ok, I wasn't going to engage. I was going to avoid this, but I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. So, wresting this conversation back from discussions of breechcloths, hoopskirts and historic clothing, and how rough various people's lives are...

Could we quit whining about the &*^% cards and how mean the tribes are? Folks please step back for a minute and consider the wellbeing of the peoples you are claiming.

Native people in the US have a dual identity, both cultural and political. Tribal citizens are members both of a distinctive culture and a sovereign political entity. (Zeke, we can argue the ramifications of Cohen's "domestic dependent nations" later, LOL.) Tribes have a unique relationship with the US government. It is complex and nuanced and sometimes really ugly, but it is key our survival is a distinctive cultures. It means the members of a tribe stand in a different relationship to the US than non-Tribal members.

Tribes also provide, as they did in the past, services to their citizens like state, city and county governments. Tribes must do so with limited budgets and land bases. They must husband their resources.

It is easy to dismiss Tribal membership requirements as money driven things. However, one of the fundamental acts of any group -- be it nation, tribe or Elks club -- is defining who is and is not part. Our peoples did this before the lost white guy washed up on shore, but after military conquest this exercise of national autonomy was stripped from us. For the tribes to truly practice sovereignty, they must be able to reassert the right to determine membership criteria for the tribal body politic. This is a painful reality. It is going to leave some people out, but it is necessary to preserve Native political distinctiveness.

Enrollment has nothing to do with culture. That is what you get from your kin. It is your language, religion, manners, arts, literature…. Paper isn't going to make it or take it. Your community and family and your investment in and interaction with these things is what makes you Indian.

I was taught, ultimately Native identity isn't about you, it's about the continuity and health of the community we give our children. It is about being a good relative to our families and Nations. That commitment is what is claimed when claiming Native identity.

And before the outtalucks jump all over me. I'm not enrolled either. So what? I is who I is.

That's my $0.02 (US). Your mileage may vary.
I got a mess of papers to show and last blood quantum deal the say I 5/8 but I want more than that so as I got every document proving I am more of the Sioux than Cherokee . Feel better by adding a d n a report showing it and very die that I am over half Sioux cause my tribes enrollment system requirements are 1/4 and I plan on livening in Miami,ok
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #39
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,276.39
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
I got a mess of papers to show and last blood quantum deal the say I 5/8 but I want more How much is enough ?

Feel better by adding a d n a report
Useless

I am over half Sioux cause my tribes enrollment system requirements are 1/4 and I plan on livening in Miami,ok
And what does that have to do with anything ? Either you are or you are not Indian. Where you live or where you plan to live makes no difference.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
Listen to the Wind

Pete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 695.20
Smile

I believe its confusing for some that are part NA and part something else. I am not full blooded Cherokee and I will talk with anyone that is interested in my nation. I am not stuck up or selfish about my culture or heritage. I believe we all come from something far greater then a simple family tree. Which often misses the whole point anyway. We should all embrace each other first and foremost as human beings. The rest will fall into place. At first I was nervous about speaking with my full blooded brothers from any nation. I was afraid they would not speak with me or listen to me. I thought they would think I was a wanna be or a part time indian! It was difficult to know what to do, but finally I realized that if you find a common ground, something you are both interested in, you can begin a small conversation. All babies need to crawl before they can walk. So it is with conversations, relationships etc. I am very pro NA and I have very strong opinions about NA issues. I think the difference is one must try and find a common ground. Even with another NA who may be full blooded. I have total respect for all NA's period. Full, part time. Which ever........
Pete walkswithhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links