Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues > Weight Loss Green Coffee Extract: Potentially the most amazing thing for weightloss Green Coffee Extract: Potentially the most amazing thing for weightloss

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
reocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,708.58
Savings: 0.00
Green Coffee Extract: Potentially the most amazing thing for weightloss

Hello,
I'm an Asian physician in acupuncture & herbalism and have helped ppl with weightloss before. I wanted to tell any Natives interested in losing weight about Green Coffee Extract. Now I can't vouch for it since the study sample on it was so small, but it did get some press & was aired on the Dr. Oz Show (link below). If the claims are true, then it's really an amazing natural way to lose weight and probably the best thing I've heard ever. It also claims to have positive effects for diabetes and your heart. Please do your due diligence and research online before purchasing.

If anyone has any questions, further info, or experience with it that might help, please post below.

CBS article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...s-study-shows/

Dr. Oz Show episode:
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gree...t-burner-works
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.
reocurringdream is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 73,302.07
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by reocurringdream View Post
Hello,
I'm an Asian physician in acupuncture & herbalism and have helped ppl with weightloss before. I wanted to tell any Natives interested in losing weight about Green Coffee Extract. Now I can't vouch for it since the study sample on it was so small, but it did get some press & was aired on the Dr. Oz Show (link below). If the claims are true, then it's really an amazing natural way to lose weight and probably the best thing I've heard ever. It also claims to have positive effects for diabetes and your heart. Please do your due diligence and research online before purchasing.

If anyone has any questions, further info, or experience with it that might help, please post below.

CBS article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...s-study-shows/

Dr. Oz Show episode:
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gree...t-burner-works
As an Asian physician...are you implying this extract is better than eating in moderation and physical exercise/activity?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

reocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
As an Asian physician...are you implying this extract is better than eating in moderation and physical exercise/activity?
No, we'll usually side with eating in moderation and physical exercise/activity. That being said, our approach is to customize treatment and we don't really think this one size fits all method applies all too much. For example in the case of physical activity, we might tell an elderly person or someone with illness to lessen their activity. But herbs and natural products can help you to live in balance, which is basically a fundamental in our philosophy. Green coffee extract, if the claims are true, could be a major help to living a healthy life. But I would also take these in moderation no matter how great the initial claims are. Don't get overzealous if you find it giving you results. Sometimes ppl think, Wow, this herb works great! and they incorrectly assume if they take more that it will work better and faster. Take the proper dosage and take breaks from it time to time.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Oooo I dunno reocurring dreamer

A real physician who has time to watch Dr. Oz and post a lot here makes me think you are living on a lot of caffeine yourself! That's some multitasking.

My daughter (medical student--endocrinology) never has time to do things like that...in fact, life as she's known it up until then has been altered for all time. She is preparing for a life of workweeks of 60-80 hours labor each week--which she is already putting in. The last thing she or her colleagues would do is watch an episode of Dr. Oz...in the middle of the day when there are patients to be seen.

I can't imagine my own doctor watching Dr. Oz either.

Another thing, Dr. Oz might be a real doctor, but I'm not thinking he practices real medicine. I could be wrong, and please Dr. Oz fans, don't pin me up on this one. It seems he comes up with a new fad diet craze every so often, and his airbrushed face ends up on some newsstand magazines hawking acai berries,then it was goji berries and now this new thing coffee extract.

Any real doctor is going to tell you before doing anything, that you should check with your physician before altering your diet. Due diligence is something you do before buying real estate. You can learn about a diet, but your real doctor is going to know YOU.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

How to respond to this? Spoiler of good-will. It makes me feel bad, disappointed. I would like to ignore, but you bend my arm to respond. You say, “Physicians don’t watch Dr.Oz! You post alot on the forum! My daughter is a medical student, you must fit this model! Dr. Oz, doesn’t practice real medicine! Due diligence is for real estate!” That’s fair to say, you are saying this, no? I think it’s also fair to say you are being presumptuous.
Dr Oz, my wife & I watched it online from a colleague's recommendation. Believe me, I'm not sitting around waiting for Dr. Oz to come on--in the middle of the day. I do respect him, as a knowledgeable physician. Not bad to watch, in my opinion. Not bad for doctors/physicians either, as if this is a criterion.
Acai Berries, Goji berries…are not new. In the case of goji berries, perhaps we used them for hundreds of years, maybe longer. Acai berries, I don’t know as well, but I’m sure that has a history too. You should ask, did medicine exist before ER came on tv?
Acupuncture & herbs go back at least 5000 years, and that is only what Westerners give us credit for; otherwise, it doesn’t fit in their biblical timeline. We believe it goes back farther. In fact, the Mayans had it also. There were crystal needles found in the Mayan lands, which is what we used before metal, so it’s actually proven in this way also that OUR PPL WERE ONE. They lost it over time, but they still use herbs. Ask Brazilians about the acai berries, but I’m guessing, that it was for quite some time before it was introduced to you on tv.
Acupuncture & herbs, its not the same model as your daughter's biomedical education. You should read up on it. I'm guessing, you'll find yourself to be alittle embarrassed. It sounds like I’m probably double the age of your daughter, so it’s insulting for you to compare me with her. I’ve been long out of school, so I’m not financially indebted as your daughter will be. Poor girl. I choose how I use my time. At any rate, we don't school as long. For example, it was 4 yrs for me. I didn’t think it was enough, so I studied in China for a little bit on my own. It was a master-apprentice thing, but I could have started practicing after the 4 yrs.
In terms of practicing, we spend about 10-20 min for assessment on a patient, then wait 5-10 minutes for the patient to lay down and feel relaxed while we prepare a treatment plan. Then we spend about 5-10 minutes putting needles in. Then we wait 25-40 minutes for the treatment and then take the needles out. That's our workflow. You see, that is the beauty of acupuncture, we consider it a high art form of health and science. The needles and the human frame do the work. Anyway, I post sometimes while I wait for the treatment to finish. I’m new to the forum so I have a newbie enthusiasm. I’ve been on for maybe about a week, more or less. I didn’t know it would make you angry. But despite you, I think I should do what I want. You’ve shown yourself to be irrational and controlling. What I’ll do for you though is post less medical things. Fair? Even though, I have had success with weightloss, diabetes, aids, etc… It’s hard to be giving when there are ppl in the room so poisonous. Anyone else please feel free to ask me questions.
About “due diligence,” you should allow ppl to use their own words and expressions. Your acting like the “word-gestapo.” “That word goes here, it means this!” It doesn’t make you smart, just controlling. You know, words get appropriated all the time, and you can use words contextually as well. It seems to show your insecurity, when you try to be so mechanical and rigid about words & expression when language is really organic.
What I mean by due diligence is to do your research, don’t just take Dr Oz’s word for it. Yes, of course, see your local physician if you want, but do your research also there too, the sample size was small. The claims are extra-ordinary, and they have ramifications for the nDn communities, but do your research. I’m certainly not telling you to go look into real estate.
Can you write about it to show ppl how it should be written? If not, I consider you someone that wants to tear others down. Your argument is weak. If you want to persuade, you need to give better reasons. Just an observation and advice.
Btw, we look to balance, so saying anything is good or bad is just elementary speak. Caffeine has its uses, its not completely bad. Snake venom has its uses, its not completely bad. Even too much of water is not good. We call this drowning. You ever hear of water-boarding?, this is an example of too much water. Don’t be a box-stuffer, trying to categorize everything, be an understander. You might see, what I’m saying is not that bad. Green coffee bean extract may be helpful, maybe not, but something to pay attention to because of the claims. Let me ask you, what if it does help? Do you want to be the last to know, or aware? If we do our research, then it will come out. You’re condemning it too early. Just do your due diligence, and research. That’s all. And we will see. You might be right, you might be wrong. But shouldn’t we be aware?
Hopefully something good comes of this.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Pronounced like "docket"

docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
ROTFL at Reoccuring Dreamer.

I MUST read the good parts of this to my daughter next time she calls. She will get huge kick out of it.

Now let me be clear, I think you mentioned you are also a fashion designer too? I think you mentioned this when you wrote in the beading section.

How very clever you are. What sorts of clothes do you design? I guess by fashion, it has got to be the lastest designs...do you produce any Native designs?

Anything with dreamcatchers or wolves?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
ROTFL at Reoccuring Dreamer.

I MUST read the good parts of this to my daughter next time she calls. She will get huge kick out of it.

Now let me be clear, I think you mentioned you are also a fashion designer too? I think you mentioned this when you wrote in the beading section.

How very clever you are. What sorts of clothes do you design? I guess by fashion, it has got to be the lastest designs...do you produce any Native designs?

Anything with dreamcatchers or wolves?

No, I don't design with Native designs. I don't do clothes. I do handbags. Yes,please do check with her. Ask her how if acupuncture and herbs require the same schooling. You have some misconceptions.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
No, I don't design with Native designs. I don't do clothes. I do handbags.
In the US, you can't be a real physician with only a 4 year college degree. Maybe in Korea. Not here.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
In the US, you can't be a real physician with only a 4 year college degree. Maybe in Korea. Not here.
No, after college, Master's in Oriental Medicine. How can I help you Docat?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
At any rate, we don't school as long. For example, it was 4 yrs for me. I didn’t think it was enough, so I studied in China for a little bit on my own. It was a master-apprentice thing, but I could have started practicing after the 4 yrs.
Studying on your own in a "master-apprentice thing" is not a Master's Degree. You said it was 4 years for you. That equals a Bachelor's Degree...IF it is at the quality of education accepted here.

Personally, I am skeptical that you are a health professional at all. But that is my impression and opinion.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Studying on your own in a "master-apprentice thing" is not a Master's Degree. You said it was 4 years for you. That equals a Bachelor's Degree...IF it is at the quality of education accepted here.

Personally, I am skeptical that you are a health professional at all. But that is my impression and opinion.
No, I did my 4 yrs. of bachelors, then I studied for my MBA, started my fashion business, then went to graduate school for Oriental Medicine in the US, then went to China, then returned to the US. Like that. I work as a physician 2-4 times/ week. Not my own practice, I help out at friend's. Not in a hospital, in an independent practice.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
I work as a physician 2-4 times/ week. Not my own practice, I help out at friend's. Not in a hospital, in an independent practice.
Oh, so you "help out" at your friend's "independent practice." 2-4 times a week.

Your story gets better and better...
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Oh, so you "help out" at your friend's "independent practice." 2-4 times a week.

Your story gets better and better...
Pfffffff.....It's hard for me to believe that this is about me. I'm almost certain you have issues nothing to do with me. Tell something about yourself, show us an example of how it should be.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Pfffffff.....It's hard for me to believe that this is about me. I'm almost certain you have issues nothing to do with me. Tell something about yourself, show us an example of how it should be.
YOU have made this about yourself Mister (or should I say Monsieur). No one twisted your arm to make you confess (either real or imagined) elements of your life.

You appear to be very touchy if people don't agree with you or challenge you or question your "authority" to speak on matters. You obviously do not know us well. We learn who you are by your measures of actions (not ones you report, ones we observe), your reactions and your respect, especially toward the very people you are trying to cozy up to.

I don't know your motive to be here, nor do I care. I'm not the only one you have decided to lash out at because of disbelief or a challenge.

I would end this here, but because I don't expect to speak with you again (I don't talk to trolls), I have to say this: Racism ticks me off. I'm tired of you saying "some white ppl" and other ethnic remarks against white people too. My goodness, you married a white woman. Do you diss her too?

What if I said, "Some Yellow people?" How would that feel? Or that I would single out Asians and say some stereotypical dig?

All of this refects on you LOUDER than your reported and inconsistant histories and confessions and dribble that just isn't believable.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Or that I would single out Asians and say some stereotypical dig?
You did single out an Asian. "What if you said"?...you just did. Are you admitting you are a racist? Now you're trying to widen this to a race matter. You started with me, now it's race and my wife. Why are you such a hater?
What's inconsistent? I was open about what you asked. You accused me I'm white, now I'm asian again. You say I'm lying but now I'm telling the truth. What makes you think she is my wife if I'm such a liar? You follow to harass me on other threads and now you say you're not gonna speak to me. Guess which statement I hope your firm on.
I lashed out? I'm trying to cozy up? Does that even sound like it goes together? You try to make me sound like I am guilty of everything. Don't expect ppl not to defend themselves. And don't bring my wife into this, you only dirty yourself more. My wife wouldn't call herself white, and white ppl ask her all the time where she is from -- meaning not like where they are from. Her grandpa was nDn, and maybe that's what they see that you can't. So there's a new anger trail for you and your models to stuff ppl into.
What more do you want? Now you calling me a troll...WOW!! What is wrong with you? You say "we this, we that", it would be a sad day if you were representative. I thought we were related. Is that not true? Is this what upsets you? So you trying to make ppl of the same race hate each other? If you are nDn for real, then I'm compelled to wish you well despite all this. I think you just got problems of self-hatred. Looks like the government and medical industry has done a number on you. Just take care of yourself better, trust that ppl can think for themselves, and I already told you I won't write anything more medical, so you win. Raise your hands up. You're the winner! Albeit, winning ugly.

Last edited by reocurringdream; 02-05-2013 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: icons & clarify
Sponsored Links