PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Weight Loss (http://forums.powwows.com/f115/)
-   -   Weightloss Tips (http://forums.powwows.com/f115/weightloss-tips-59586/)

weightman34 01-07-2011 11:07 AM

Weightloss Tips

This is a question millions of people ask each year and it is time you get the answer you want and need. It isn’t because people are lazy, addicted to food or don’t exercise properly. There are many factors into why people fail at losing weight. The following are just a few reasons why many fail at losing weight:
Attempting to lose weight for the wrong reasons. Don’t just lose weight to look great, you want to lose weight for the health aspect of things. Thousands of studies have been completed showing and proving that losing body fat improves and lengthens a person’s life. Looking better can be beneficial to a person’s self esteem, but a person should lose weight for their well being and health.
Inability to commit to permanent lifestyle changes. One downfall for many is that dieting becomes a burden to their lifestyles, and feel that it is something that is going to be only temporary. Dieting is something that will continue forever, just on different levels of severity. Diets can seem demanding to some, which is the main cause of people giving up. You must prepare yourself for a brand new lifestyle for a higher chance of success with your weight loss dieting attempts. If you want an increased chance of losing weight long term, gradually incorporate lifestyle changes to ensure they stick better.
False information provided preventing a healthier weight loss. Conflicting information provided by the many resources and fad diets lead millions down the wrong path every year. It makes it much more understandable as to why many fail on their diets when they are constantly being provided with false information. Instead of continuously being provided with false information, it is recommended to discuss your weight loss wants with a doctor or dietician.
Lack of knowledge of the bodies fat intake. The majority of people do not realize that they are actually consistently putting on body fat and losing body fat. There is no down time when it comes to not putting on body fat, meaning there is no down time to maintaining a healthy diet. If you are determined to lose weight and keep it off, you need to be able to dedicate yourself to consistently maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.*If you are not implementing positive lifestyle changes and losing weight, you are gaining weight. Again, there is no “in-between.”
Blind to what is being consumed daily. The majority of people don’t take any notice to what they are actually consuming on a daily basis. Many overweight people consume an excessive amount of unneeded calories each day without realizing that they are doing it. Unless you keep an eye on what you are consuming then your likelihood of losing weight and keeping it off is going to drastically decrease.

wyo_rose 01-07-2011 11:47 PM

Good tips!

wyo_rose 05-08-2013 04:40 PM

Wow, is it that simple??

Agley 08-03-2013 06:55 AM

Nice tips for weight loss. Exercise and diet both are important for losing weight. It is good to loss weight with natural ways like exercise and diet. Anyway its a wonderful thread and for getting more information about weight loss just contact with us.

justin741 06-07-2014 02:48 AM

Hi...!
Yeah i am agree with you , everyone should do exercise or make diet plan according to his physical condition ,Because it is not necessary which exercise is suitable for me will also suitable for you.

Spiritflight 03-18-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Adam (Post 1615881)
Follow some of these tips to lose all of your excess weight:
Do exercises daily for at least 30 minutes.
Avoid more fatty, junk, and fast foods.
Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Drink more water and fresh fruits juices.
Take green tea.
Drink lemon water.
Use fish oil.

:sad_smile not allowed to eat more fruits - fruit-sugar

xTekno 03-18-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Adam (Post 1615881)
Follow some of these tips to lose all of your excess weight:
Do exercises daily for at least 30 minutes.
Avoid more fatty, junk, and fast foods.
Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Drink more water and fresh fruits juices.
Take green tea.
Drink lemon water.
Use fish oil.

sure

EvaSimp 10-06-2015 11:56 AM

It is not easy to lost weight, you rally need right information. My tips are do fitness and drink more water.

royjon 06-02-2018 03:06 AM

One of the biggest problems with "diets," is that they almost never work in the long term.

If anything, people who "diet" tend to gain more weight over time, and studies show that dieting is a consistent predictor of future weight gain (53).

Instead of going on a diet, make it your goal to become a healthier, happier and fitter person. Focus on nourishing your body, instead of depriving it.

Weight loss should follow as a natural side effect.

WomanfromOz 07-27-2018 10:24 AM

Rice bowls

My best tip is rice bowls. I eat a lot of Korean/Japanese and Thai food.

Basically for me, at least 1 meal a day should be rice. I have lots of veggies with a bowl of rice. Can be pickled veg, fresh, boiled, fried or salad veg in combinations.

I put soy sauce, chilli, garlic etc. lots of flavouring. Chilli helps your metabolism. If you live inland and don't eat fish very often you can get an iodine deficiency. That will slow down your thyroid and metabolism too.

Number 1 tip is enzymes from the health food store. Most of us are lacking in enzymes because of processed foods. Taking enzymes can help you break down your food, stops bloating and makes eating more enjoyable.

clarashanks 02-06-2019 10:25 AM

Weight Loss For Women Guide

Hi everyone Weight reduction is a standout amongst the most mainstream subjects at My Fitness Pal, and we're here to help. First off, you must trust in yourself and acknowledge getting more fit requires little changes you can stick to so they develop after some time, in the end prompting a more advantageous way of life and weight loss.click here (https://sheispicky.com)