Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Appropriate Jingle Dress Song Appropriate Jingle Dress Song

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gurskea is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Appropriate Jingle Dress Song

I went to a powwow this past wknd up in northern wisconsin. When it was jingle dress time, the first song that was played was a six push-up side step song. THen after that one a straight song.However, a jingle dress dancer from canada went up to that drum group and told them boys they had nor right to sing the song they did becuase it wasn't fast enough. So of course a third song was in order.
The sesond song was slow and it was a fmaily traditional song. IDK, maybe to us it seemed slow because of the fact of just getting done with a long sidestep. ANYHOW, was that lady in the right to do that? I just felt bad cause that group is good friends of mine and I didn't know what to tell them.
gurskea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I guess that dancer knows everything.

What gives you the right to question her rights?

What gives me the right to question your right to question her rights? I don't know everything.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

ojibwakwe is just really nice
Personally, that lady shouldn't have done that. That's disrespectful to the drum. Also you said it was a traditional powwow. What did she want a contest song to show off?That is not what traditional powwows are about.
ojibwakwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
Fan Maker

MNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond repute
The pow wow in Superior, WI? Sorry to go off topic there. Don't know if it was right or not just surprized that I may be talking to someone I was at the same local as.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsitting View Post
The pow wow in Superior, WI? Sorry to go off topic there. Don't know if it was right or not just surprized that I may be talking to someone I was at the same local as.
Nah it's okay. Yeah that's the one that I was talking about. Did u go?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
Fan Maker

MNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond reputeMNsitting has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I was there. Here is a vid of some of the pics I got there. Maybe you are in them somewhere... YouTube - Superior Wisconsin Pow Wow
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

That was really good. Yeah, I was barley in there at 1:22 with the blue jingle dress dancer. I found it very neat that she was blind and how she danced was by listening to other jingle dress dancers. She would follow the sound. I give her lots of kuddos for that one.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
Fan Maker

That is my friend Ellie. We live in the same house.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsitting View Post
That is my friend Ellie. We live in the same house.
small world. Tell her I said hello and hope to see her at another powwow.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Fan Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurskea View Post
small world. Tell her I said hello and hope to see her at another powwow.
hope to see you also.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #11
I are an aunt

native_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Savings: 1.00
wow! my brothers drum was there LLN they didnt get the yelling did they? lol

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb
native_flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #12
I are an aunt

native_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Savings: 1.00
and no i dont think that she had the right to do so...as it was not a compitition pow wow therefore it should be done for fun and nothing else...

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb
native_flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links