Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing beaded brow bands... beaded brow bands...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 11:22 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Dulasiri is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question beaded Head bands...

Hello everyone! I had a question as I just started Jingle dancing (and am instantly hooked)...I see all these different hair decorations. But I was wondering about those beaded brow bands I'd say head bands but they aren't worn that way they're worn horizontally across the brow (I hope that you know what I mean). I've seen a buncha these out there and think the look so nice for the most part. But I was wondering if they have any significance (like only someone who was a princess can wear them or something) or is it just if ya liek the look you can wear one. Plus if anyone wants to clue me in on other head/hair apparell and possible why's things are done the way they are that would be awesome. I don't mind doing the right thing but wanna know why and knot just do it cause it's the "in thing" Thanks in advance!

Dance on!:D

Last edited by Dulasiri; 06-06-2003 at 01:25 PM..
Dulasiri is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #2
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Hey, it's still called a head band. A brow band is for horses.... folks might look at ya a lil funny if you wore one of those. :p ;)
Old 06-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally posted by Singing Otter
Hey, it's still called a head band. A brow band is for horses.... folks might look at ya a lil funny if you wore one of those. :p ;)
Funny girl you are T!
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Dulasiri is an unknown quantity at this point
Too funny- but maybe a new fashion statement...

HAHAHA, thanks... that's too funny . so now I know what that's called too. hahaha. Wowo thanks for setting me straight but did yoiu or does anyone know who can wear these head bands?:D

Last edited by Dulasiri; 06-06-2003 at 01:27 PM..
Dulasiri is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

Niijii'sMom is an unknown quantity at this point
Headbands

If you make it, you can wear it :)
At Least in my neck of the woods there isnt any significance to it.

Have fun :)
Niijii'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2003, 12:35 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
hi Dulasiri,

are u ndn??? just curious, i don't mean nothing rude by it, i just wanted to know , if u are what nation?
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #7

Cauyleefish is an unknown quantity at this point
I beaded my little headband at Schemitzun 99' when everyone had the thin little headbands. I had a wicked pimple on my fore head and wanted to hide it. I was in Parsons Fashion Design so i copied the Jean Paul Gaultier models at the Milan fashion week. (Those fancy rich designers call them Perisian wedding caps, the girls wear in Europe to look theatrical for there weddings.)
This is a crazy trend that took off. And it wouldn't be so bad but they made fun of me when I walked into the powwow wearing that thing. Ain'it Wallflower--
Now look everyone is wearing them.....Yeah and if you make it you can wear it, in my book....:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
Cauyleefish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2003, 03:15 AM   #8
Senior Dancer

VIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cauyleefish
This is a crazy trend that took off. And it wouldn't be so bad but they made fun of me when I walked into the powwow wearing that thing. Ain'it Wallflower--

Are you calling me out??? J/K gurl, I'm into all the trends. Yes I'm a follower. Haven't made me a diagonal dress yet. And I haven't beaded me a lil cape. I wouldn't mind going thru your closet looking at your old digs. That lavender dress you had at Schemiz"95 was deadly. Nice floral work.:Thumbs
VIP4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2003, 07:03 PM   #9

Cauyleefish is an unknown quantity at this point
:Chatter :Chatter I'm not calling you out:hehehehe , you were the only one who said thats cool when i showed you the massive zit on my head! But man I wore that lavender dress into the ground. Don't worry i haven't made a beaded cape to my dresses either. I've been to vegas to many times for my dresses. I'm rid'in the fence of Barbie and a showgirl.:chief:
Cauyleefish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2003, 02:19 AM   #10
Senior Dancer

VIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cauyleefish
:Chatter :Chatter I'm not calling you out:hehehehe , you were the only one who said thats cool when i showed you the massive zit on my head! But man I wore that lavender dress into the ground. Don't worry i haven't made a beaded cape to my dresses either. I've been to vegas to many times for my dresses. I'm rid'in the fence of Barbie and a showgirl.:chief:

I got dibs on your orange one, I'd have to make some big side panels to squeez my big fanny into one of your dresses:devil
VIP4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #11
SpOnGeNoNeR RoUndPaNt'Z

jingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cauyleefish
I beaded my little headband at Schemitzun 99' when everyone had the thin little headbands. I had a wicked pimple on my fore head and wanted to hide it. I was in Parsons Fashion Design so i copied the Jean Paul Gaultier models at the Milan fashion week. (Those fancy rich designers call them Perisian wedding caps, the girls wear in Europe to look theatrical for there weddings.)
Now look everyone is wearing them.....Yeah and if you make it you can wear it, in my book....:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter

Gurl, you truely are barbie cuz, only she would knwo about all that wedding cap business..

That's cool though, at least u found a way to hide the pimple...
Old 12-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #12
hidatsawmn26

i dont like them but thats my personal tastes...i stick with barrettes and hair ties...
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
pow wow mom

shadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 738.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Otter View Post
from one horse lover to another GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
shadowoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Also wondering where you are from. Up here (amoungst the Anishnawbe) a jingle dress dancer needs permission from an Anish jingler. That dancer(s) teaches the new dancer all she needs to know. So this person would be able to tell you about the accessories for your hair and other more important things...luv the idea of pimple coverage...unfortunatly my teen gal gets em on her chin...we could start a new chin strap craze but it may not catch on :)
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #15
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
He now that is a great Idea and for those that talk all the time a beaded muzzle!!! You know for the extra 29.99 I may just toss in the old horse halter!!!

SO shadow do you have a used one laying around to use on her head???

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #16
pow wow mom

shadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 738.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibiki Kinew View Post
He now that is a great Idea and for those that talk all the time a beaded muzzle!!! You know for the extra 29.99 I may just toss in the old horse halter!!!

SO shadow do you have a used one laying around to use on her head???
YEP YEP TWO BLUE AND A GREEN RATHER OLD BUT IF WE BEAD THEM WHO KNOWSSSSSS
shadowoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #17
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
sounds like you can lead the horse to water and with fancy bead work to boot!!

hmmm just like so people when they put leashes on each other and take them through life that way!!! Control freaks!!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
head bandz

They are just head bands, no significance.

Wondering too if you are ndn. Just wondering

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links